Game Day Rd 1 Geelong V Collingwood Fri March 17 2023 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all the tears of joy have been wiped away
We've seen more of Joel in retirement than when he was here.
The fingerprints on the Cup have been wiped off again...

and now its time for a dose of reality.

We just werent good enough last year... I mean Rd 9 saw us 5 and 4 and looking down the barrel of another....

Wait what?

We did what>?!?!.... what the * are you talking about? We won it all...???

Get the * outta here ... Ive been in a coma since we lost to the Saints and saw we had gotten Ollie Henry, Jack Bowes, Tanner Bruhn, Jyhe Clark with pick 7 and then just assumed with the all the nay sayers we'd butchered it up again....

We won it all huh...

Yeah we did,.... and it was AWESOME....

but now we are Hunted.

We are ready, we are not over out skiis with B2B delusions. It will be extremely hard to pull off.. but only the Skipper is gone and there are plenty pushing for a best 23 spot....

And it starts tonight V the Pies - they'd be dirty after we said the QF was the hardest game fo the year - and it was,

Expect blood - as apparently we bleed or something

It will be epic and close..... but its Rd1 of the Premiership defense... lets get it done.

GO Catters

Don't know if anyone else feels the same way but I couldn't care less if we win or lose. I'm looking forward to going along and watching us play. But I am so content after last year's flag and everything the club has given us since 2007 that I am finding it hard to muster any feelings of competitiveness.

Don't know if anyone else feels the same way but I couldn't care less if we win or lose. I'm looking forward to going along and watching us play. But I am so content after last year's flag and everything the club has given us since 2007 that I am finding it hard to muster any feelings of competitiveness.
* Collingwood. There are games each season I want us to win, whether we are in a premiership window or not. This is one of those games. Hawks is another. Freo is another.

That's it a stress free year, i just want the young players to grow

Hope all the talk about how Collingwood are going to target Ollie tonight actually eventuates - as it really worked out well for them early last year when they tried the same thing to Selwood. Remember how fired up Hawkins and Cameron in particular got at three quarter time in that one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if I’m late to the party, but what’s all the noise about Jack Henry’s injury being a lot worse than first thought?

I'm like that going into every year.

The feeling lasts about 5 minutes into the first game I recon.

Can’t wait to see Maynard rip Henry’s head off...

Well that was what the Pies fans were talking up during the trade period.

As I said earlier, I hope Ollie kicks a goal after the siren for the W to a dubious free kick + I’ll now add that I want the pill to clip the post on the way through but the review somehow go in our favour.

Four flags in sixteen years, so naturally I'm a pretty happy camper, keep telling (kidding) myself that whatever happens this year I'll be content, but of course as soon as that first bounce takes place tonight all that logic goes out the window and it's win at all costs.

Somewhat more confident after seeing the team, not bad if we line up as selected.
If this goes the same way as our two games against them last year it's gonna be a big test for the old ticker that's for sure.

Loser talk, like another poster said
Love playing the Pies and getting the win, but every week I want to win.
So much happiness comes with a win, whether that’s talk back tv shows, Radio and social media
I want them to win every week, but if we lose and it’s because of an unbelievable game by an opposition opponent then I’ll tip my hat.
Looking forward to the pies getting into Henry, weren’t the team to just roll over and cop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back