Preview Rd 1 Geelong V Collingwood Fri March 17 2023 740 pm @ MCG

Predicted winner & margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be surprised if he didn't last year. He only got a reprieve in the GF due to Homles injury. Bruhn and Bowes coming in just make it harder for him.

He's pure depth now IMO

I'm not - he signed a 2-year extension August last year, so would think it's doubtful he then turns around 6 weeks later to ask for a trade

12 months on if he's sitting on the fringes is a different scenario though

I'm not - he signed a 2-year extension August last year, so would think it's doubtful he then turns around 6 weeks later to ask for a trade

Oh okay, I didn't realise that. But very likely to be looking at his options at the end of the year. Good news is he will still be under contract so we have the upper hand in any trade. He will obviously still get games this year, but if he's in the side come finals, I suspect we have some injury issues unfortunately.

Bit early to be writing parfit off. No guarantee bruhn will stay ahead of him.
That is true.

But Duncan, Bowes are soon to be included. Kolo will come back in and who knows what ripple effect that has. Could be Esava out. Tuohy on the wing and Parfitt further down the queue.

That is true.

But Duncan, Bowes are soon to be included. Kolo will come back in and who knows what ripple effect that has. Could be Esava out. Tuohy on the wing and Parfitt further down the queue.
Definitely has his work cut out for him, but will get games so it's up to him and everyone to perform to keep there spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt sub as i predicted not great signs for his spot long term (although no doubt he plays next week with a 6 day break as we will rest guys) but probably the right call-not enough midfield gametime for him.

Big game for sav need him to stand up under pressure.

Im still not convinced hawkins will play it would be unlike us to risk him imo.

Is Bowes injured?

Sort of i think its more they decided to hold him over for next week as we have a 6 day break to carlton better to bring him in fresh than 2 games in a short time.

Thats true although hes a free agent in 2024 so from our end if hes not best 22 this year it may be better to trade him at years end rather than wait for 2024.

Sort of i think its more they decided to hold him over for next week as we have a 6 day break to carlton better to bring him in fresh than 2 games in a short time.
No idea if thats the case now. but it's an interesting thought. With so much depth e will have much better opportunity to protect players across sorry breaks.

B: Bews, DeKoning, Z.Guthrie
HB: Stewart, Ratagolea, Tuohy
C: Smith, Dangerfield, Blicavs
HF: Close, Cameron, O.Henry
F: Stengle, Hawkins, Rohan

Foll: Stanley, C.Guthrie, Bruhn

Int: Atkins, Holmes, Miers, O’Connor

Sub: Parfitt

First meat tray in ages

No idea if thats the case now. but it's an interesting thought. With so much depth e will have much better opportunity to protect players across sorry breaks.

Scott basically said bowes will play next week but duncan wont play for a few weeks ala danger 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back