Game Day Rd 1 Geelong V Collingwood Fri March 17 2023 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First proper game I can forgive Bruhn fading badly after the first quarter really. Atkins tried hard. But Dangerfield, C.Guthrie and Parfitt when he came on were ineffective/overwhelmed by their mids. Even with the injuries we may have held on if those three excelled.

I tell you what i really like Darcy Moore, seems like just a really good dude

First proper game I can forgive Bruhn fading badly after the first quarter really. Atkins tried hard. But Dangerfield, C.Guthrie and Parfitt when he came on were ineffective/overwhelmed by their mids. Even with the injuries we may have held on if those three excelled.

Parfitt isn't in our Best 22 imo.

TAke it here

Go Catters

Disagree. Rooke was both, hands on the ball, clean disposer. Also a tackling beast, kicked goals, thrived under pressure + a spiritual leader.

We can agree to disagree 😃

I agree he laid the odd "earn it" tackle, but we definitely had better tacklers & those who averaged significantly higher per game in our team.

He also wasn't a consistent goal kicker - had one season where he went at a goal a game, but over his career it was 0.4 goals per game

I think we look fondly on his 08 & 09 seasons, and while helpful for the team at that time, they aren't exactly representative of his career

Tonight we more so lacked class, someone to show a bit of composure and control in the times we needed - an A,B,C or K would have been nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back