Game Day Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 7:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well summed up.

Our young guys showed enough, just needed a bit of "glue" at times in the form of experienced heads
Agreed. I wasn't too disappointed with the bottom 7 - besides Parfitt - that the vultures are after as far as deciding this game.

Most notably: Cameron, Holmes, Blicavs, Tuohy, O'Connor, Zuthrie, Bews and Kolo were well down. Hawkins after a bright start as well.

Even still, convert at the same rate as Richmond and that poor performance ends with a win. Sometimes you get those nights.

Phukin umps cost us about 4 goals to Richmond I reckon. Disgraceful. Could have still won if we kicked straight. Only consolation is those flogs will miss finals.

Agreed. I wasn't too disappointed with the bottom 7 - besides Parfitt - that the vultures are after as far as deciding this game.

Most notably: Cameron, Holmes, Blicavs, Tuohy, O'Connor, Zuthrie, Bews and Kolo were well down. Hawkins after a bright start as well.

Even still, convert at the same rate as Richmond and that poor performance ends with a win. Sometimes you get those nights.
Tuohy was among our best.
Holmes again played well for part of a game, then went missing, which he does too often

Yep. Regardless of people's views on umpires tonight, our pressure was off. They took the ball away from D50 and stoppages a little too easily.
Martin and Cotchin 7 goals between them says it all.

It was partly intent but also the wrong team picked (to be fair we had no choice with injuries) too many pressure players out. Martin picks and chooses thesedays and cotchin is even more finished than half our old blokes so that says it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with this team we had our chances though but i agree with a full team we smack them.

Get rohan close stengle danger stanley and guthrie in (and maybe bowes) and guys like parfitt oconnor dempsey ceglar (though cegs was ok) out and we will be a far better side
The odd thing is that for the last 1.5 quarters our conversion was really solid. But we'd lost it in general play. So it was too little too late in front of goal. As for the field kicking? I haven't seen experienced ball users panic or miskick that much since 2017.

The odd thing is that for the last 1.5 quarters our conversion was really solid. But we'd lost it in general play. So it was too little too late in front of goal. As for the field kicking? I haven't seen experienced ball users panic or miskick that much since 2017.

We have this odd thing sometimes where late in games when its gone we free up and are better in front of goal. So some of it might be mental re us missing shots earlier when the game is on the line.

Tuohy was among our best.
Holmes again played well for part of a game, then went missing, which he does too often
Maybe I'm being harsh on Tuohy, but his former self would provide precision kick after precision kick.

Holmes first half was really good and one reason we were on top in general play. He absolutely disappeared for the entire second half.

You're simply wrong about O'Connor, and have been all season

I'll remind you at the end of the year if you like.
Moc is a trier and i love his effort (top bloke too) but he is fringe best 22 (when we have a fit list which we are way off from) this year ad he was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back