Game Day Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 7:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to see the correct stats at the end of the game? I use the AFL app and somewhere near full time the stats revert back to roughly half time?

Decent effort and the kids showed plenty. But no cohesion going forward with Rohan, Close and Stengle out then missed a heap of chances early. Make some more of them and there's less chance for Richmond to punish us in the rebound which they did well.

Get a few back and I think we'll be fine.

We have this odd thing sometimes where late in games when its gone we free up and are better in front of goal. So some of it might be mental re us missing shots earlier when the game is on the line.
The first half chance taking reminded me of some finals over the years. Likewise the bombing inside 50. Can some of this be down to personnel? For sure there can be a flow on effect with lack of cohesion. But the set shots or snaps from less than 20m out, or fairly standard entries inside 50? I'm not sure. Just an off night.

Review thread up

We played a man down all night with Parfitt out there.

He should've been the one subbed off instead of Dempsey. At least Ollie was having a dip.

Parfitt was close to best on for Richmond tonight, just behind Brett Rosebury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back