Preview Rd 1 Geelong V Collingwood Fri March 17 2023 740 pm @ MCG

Predicted winner & margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And there is still a chance that for whatever reason today in his last minute tests he pulls up lame (but hasn't so far). But he'll only not be played if there is a red flag of that variety. They aren't sitting there going "hmm I think he's 80% good to go" and Scotty goes "okay let's risk it". It's ridiculous to think this is how people view the medical staff/MC relationship. Pointless to take the role of armchair experts on injuries where we know 5% of the detail at best.
Having said that, it's still pertinent to acknowledge that footy clubs do take risks in certain scenarios, depending on the payoff. AKA Reid last year in the GF. If we were one win outside top 4 in the final round, maybe you take a risk on a player if they're only 90% etc. But yeah first game of the year, there's just no need for risking anybody.

Having said that, it's still pertinent to acknowledge that footy clubs do take risks in certain scenarios, depending on the payoff. AKA Reid last year in the GF. If we were one win outside top 4 in the final round, maybe you take a risk on a player if they're only 90% etc. But yeah first game of the year, there's just no need for risking anybody.
Knockout finals are one situation where I'd say those lines are blurred. I might be naive but believe that even in the situation you describe fighting for top 4 late in the season that they wouldn't veer towards anything approaching a risk, even a 10-20% greater risk.

But many examples present where the advice will be "He may have such and such small chance of reinjuring it. But waiting x amount of weeks won't improve those odds". Unless they started treating 4 week injuries as 12 week injuries and so on. People still shout and scream if injuries reoccur but the injured limb or whatever usually remains a problem area, it's an unfortunate reality like with Henry at the moment.

Who does he come in for I wonder? Where does he play?

I think this week might help the coaches out, if everyone plays well they can say "hey just tear up the VFL and you will get your chance" or if one of our back 6 have a mare he is a straight swap.
As for where, wasn't Bowes on the HBF and midfield against Hawks?

I think this week might help the coaches out, if everyone plays well they can say "hey just tear up the VFL and you will get your chance" or if one of our back 6 have a mare he is a straight swap.
As for where, wasn't Bowes on the HBF and midfield against Hawks?
Don't know where he was "officially" playing, but he was getting possessions at half-forward

GAme day peeps

GO CAtters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back