Joe Daniher v Darcy Moore - who will be better?

Who will have the better career?

• Joe Daniher

Votes: 163 62.0%
  • Darcy Moore

Votes: 100 38.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
A lot of similarities about the two:

- Both father son selection, come from high profile family at their respective clubs
- Both 200cm ish / 90kg ish - key position players
- Both went top 10 in the draft with other clubs willing to bid even higher

Obviously Daniher is 2-years ahead in his development as a 3rd year year, but who will end up the better player at the end of their careers?

I don't see the point in making a comparison until Darcy actually has a decent run of games under his belt. As it is he was thrown into the deep end in the last two games and it has shown, he's a great prospect but at the moment that's all he is, I don't see how we can make a fair comparison to a third year player in Daniher when Darcy hasn't even ran out a full match as a forward yet.

Disagree.
Hogan's the best of the 22 and under KPFs
Hogan is the best now. In 4 years time Daniher (and perhaps Boyd) will be well clear. Opposition defenders will be incapable of defending their rare combination of height, speed and skill - they will be monsters. We all love the way Hogan plays right now but he doesn't have development in him that the other two have imo. More pragmatically speaking, he also plays a style of game of game that will hinder his durability.

I think it'll take longer for Moore to cement a place in the Collingwood forward line than it has for Daniher, so career wise for goals and what not Daniher will likely finish with more. Moore however may become a better big game player or a game breaker once hes had 2-3 seasons in the AFL.

I think it'll take longer for Moore to cement a place in the Collingwood forward line than it has for Daniher, so career wise for goals and what not Daniher will likely finish with more. Moore however may become a better big game player or a game breaker once hes had 2-3 seasons in the AFL.
Any reason or logic behind this or just a feeling?

Any reason or logic behind this or just a feeling?

Just a feeling. Daniher strikes me more as a stand and deliver kind of forward whereas Moore will run up the ground to get involved more, try to impact the game. Which is fine, I mean Daniher is probably MORE dangerous in the forward line than leaving it.

Just a feeling. Daniher strikes me more as a stand and deliver kind of forward whereas Moore will run up the ground to get involved more, try to impact the game. Which is fine, I mean Daniher is probably MORE dangerous in the forward line than leaving it.
Still don't understand how this makes Moore a better big game player, but if you're happy with your assessment then trust yourself.

Moore shouldn't even be playing at this level yet still way to raw but I think Daniher might have the better of the two, will be interesting to see how things are looking in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher probably sits on the level below the really good young KPFs so for Moore to get there Collingwood fans will be happy

Cameron/Hogan/Stringer - Level 1

Daniher/Mccarthy/Bruce - level 2

Daniher by a mile. Even in his first year he was far better than Moore.

No disrespect to Moore but Daniher is the best of a very strong generation of key position forwards.
LOL Daniher is rubbish. Has no defensive side to his game at all and never will due to being a rake and not being able to put any weight on.

Hard to tell. Moore has been playing in the backline abit in the 2s hasnt he? Could be a decent swingman.

But you cannot possibly compare these 2 properly considering the stages they are in thier career.

Daniher was always going to take a long time to develop. He needs size. He is a really awkward height for a defender to match up on but needs size before he will really be dominant.

Thread should have been between Lever and Moore, Lever has been excellent when not injured this season.

Hogan is the best now. In 4 years time Daniher (and perhaps Boyd) will be well clear. Opposition defenders will be incapable of defending their rare combination of height, speed and skill - they will be monsters. We all love the way Hogan plays right now but he doesn't have development in him that the other two have imo. More pragmatically speaking, he also plays a style of game of game that will hinder his durability.
Hogan is now and nothing is going to change. In 4 years the gulf that exists now will be a gap.

This comparison is stupid at this point in their careers, Daniher has been in the system for 3 years Moore in his first, so when you think about it you need to remember where Daniher was two years ago.

Give daniher a few years, more strength under his belt and when hes able to go one on one with defenders and not have to worry about flying over the top of the pack to get marks he will be a force to be reckoned with. We've only just seen glimpes of what he's capable of this year.

I like Hogan alot too. Hogan was a selection before the draft with Martin I think, gun talent, hopefully he doesn't sustain anymore injuries and gets a clear run at it now..

In regards to Daniher v Hogan last week, I still largly attribute that to Hogan having a much better defender marking him than Joey.

Moore no point in comparing at stage of career

LOL Daniher is rubbish. Has no defensive side to his game at all and never will due to being a rake and not being able to put any weight on.

He's actually put on a fair amount of weight in the last 2 years. Even compared to last year he's considerably bigger and stronger. Still has a ways to go. No defensive side to his game isn't true either. Lacks consistency in his defensive effort which is more an issue of tank than size.

Long term i think Daniher will be one hell of a player. People like to bash him because he looks unco at times and his goal kicking is iffy but he's still kicked 29 goals in the worst forward line in the AFL and a team that's bottom 4 right now. Plus he's had to spend time in the ruck as well. Actually tracking really well for a 201 cm key forward in his 3rd year.

Back