Certified Legendary Thread Joel Selwood - Premiership Captain and 4 time Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no it’s happening
I suspected it would but it seems so quick we’re still celebrating!

Anyway he rides into the sunset a premiership captain and about to start a family....

Who’s cutting onions?

What an absolute CHAMPION of the game. What a recruit he was for you guys and what a gift he was to the game. Would love him as an assistant coach at Richmond!
That's a very nice sentiment but I would literally die if I saw Selwood in a Richmond polo, which is probably how you guys feel about Griggs in his Geelong polo haha.

Its the right choice... but I feel like we are giving the nod to the doctor to turn of the life support. I'm gutted but I know its the right choice. I dont want to see him less than what he showed on that last day.

The way. he set the standard... his last game ...he stet the tone .. 12 possession in the first quarter... and the game was done....

He finished in the way we want to and should remember him. As the warrior he is.

Its the right choice... but I feel like we are giving the nod to the doctor to turn of the life support. I'm gutted but I know its the right choice. I dont want to see him less than what he showed on that last day.

The way. he set the standard... his last game ...he stet the tone .. 12 possession in the first quarter... and the game was done....
That is actually the best analogy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most selfless man in the history of the Geelong Football Club. Cats drafted him when I was 9 which means he’s been a Cat almost as long as I’ve been a football fan. I truly would not be surprised if by the time I’m an old man that nobody else who walks through our doors even compares to what a great man and champion player that Joel Selwood is.

This one is just heartbreaking but I’m eternally grateful for having the experience of watching the greatest Geelong player to ever lace up a pair of boots. Thank you Joel.

I agree its the right time but I just don't want it to be.

What an absolute CHAMPION of the game. What a recruit he was for you guys and what a gift he was to the game. Would love him as an assistant coach at Richmond!
I’m not sure if Joel Selwood has coaching aspirations but I think even something in player/community relations would be perfect for him too. You guys gave us Grigg and that’s worked tremendously. We probably owe you one.

If Sam Mitchell didn’t do a bit of time under Adam Simpson at West Coast then I doubt he’d be coaching Hawthorn at the present time. So it definitely couldn’t hurt Joel’s chances by leaving us if coaching is in his future.

With Hopper and Taranto coming in for you guys, you’ll be top 4 next year and if Joel’s there then the flags every possibility. He builds everybody up around him and makes them better people.

After Harley retired, we also retired the #2 Guernsey for a couple of seasons

Surely if today's announcement is as we all think it will be, then we retire the #14 for a season or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back