Joel Selwood, The greatest captain ever? Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be remembered as that bloke who got more frees than other player by cheating the rules.

Yeah, I'll remember him as a guy who was very brave, played in a dynasty club but also ducked and lead with his head at most contests. It's technically within the rules but you can be hard at the ball and not do that. I prefer those players.

What a horrible take.

• Best player at junior footy but dropped to pick 7 because of his knee injury.
  • Rising star winner his rookie season
  • Premiership his rookie season
  • 161 Brownlow votes between 2010-2019
  • Record for games as captain
  • I’m assuming the most wins as captain
Most free kicks ever received by about 300

What a horrible take.

• Best player at junior footy but dropped to pick 7 because of his knee injury.
  • Rising star winner his rookie season
  • Premiership his rookie season
  • 161 Brownlow votes between 2010-2019
  • Record for games as captain
  • I’m assuming the most wins as captain

He also has the record for the most games captained without a premiership, I think that’s an important accolade and should be at the top of list when people look through his career achievements lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Being a great captain is not measured on just premierships... You can be in a s**t team but be a great captain and not get recognised... Only those that have played under a few different captains would be well versed to rank them.. From what every player says Joel is top class in all respects.

He also has the record for the most games captained without a premiership, I think that’s an important accolade and should be at the top of list when people look through his career achievements lol

He has 3 premierships

Being a great captain is not measured on just premierships... You can be in a s**t team but be a great captain and not get recognised... Only those that have played under a few different captains would be well versed to rank them.. From what every player says Joel is top class in all respects.

Geelong arent a s**t team. They had a bunch of good picks and cheap F/S and managed to nearly get there over and over. Captain and coach have both failed.

But they sure do play a wicked awesome regular season style of football !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most games as captain does not make you the best captain.

Is Brent Harvey the best AFL player ever?

What was with the boos from Collingwood fans tonight? Just because he’s a known ducker?
No it's because Ginnivan did the Selwood too him and not only was he violent with the swinging arm and headlock but it was the height of all hypocrisy.

I didn't like Ginnivan getting stuck in to him after the Henry goal. That's bush league. And Atkins treated it as such. But the earlier incident was pretty awful from Joel.

No it's because Ginnivan did the Selwood too him and not only was he violent with the swinging arm and headlock but it was the height of all hypocrisy.

I didn't like Ginnivan getting stuck in to him after the Henry goal. That's bush league. And Atkins treated it as such. But the earlier incident was pretty awful from Joel.

Geelong players should be suspended for brutality,

It not tough football. It's weak diog acts that should be stamped out,

Jeol Selwood what was the headlock about? Should be 4 weeks, it was not in play it should attract suspension.

Geelong players should be suspended for brutality,

It not tough football. It's weak diog acts that should be stamped out,

Jeol Selwood what was the headlock about? Should be 4 weeks, it was not in play it should attract suspension.

Ok 4 weeks for selwood and 4 weeks for blondie for flicking his head back like his front row of a Metallica concert with no contact

Inspirational, I’m glad his players stood up for his grand occasion tonight

It’s not too late to try to make this look like it was posted post-match and not during the third quarter as a pathetic troll attempt that completely backfired.

It always surprises me how Joel doesn't have the respect or standing in the game his longevity deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back