Past Coach John Blakey - will not be continuing at North in 2024 - Thanks John

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey himself would probably be disappointed in his second time at North.
Defence never did anything positive with him at the helm.
He replaced Jade Rawlings and he was on double the coin and did no better.

Nick is his own man and I’m sure made the decision on what is best for him.

Can’t blame his old man for that. My nephew has started barricking for the Collingwood and I don’t blame his Mum.

Well, I kinda do…..

Did his mum play 224 games for North including 2 flags?

Sydney could have built Boomer a house on the wing at the SCG and Cooper still would have been coming to us.

Did his mum play 224 games for North including 2 flags?

Sydney could have built Boomer a house on the wing at the SCG and Cooper still would have been coming to us.
Cooper would have spent his formative years watching his dad with us. Nick would have spent those years watching his dad at Sydney.

According to the witch, Gibson will go because we don't want any more part timers.

Kano just kicked himself another own goal because we were apparently calling the assembly of Clarko and his assistants last year The Dream Team. Got zero support from the rest of the panel. His hate for us couldn't more obvious. Tossbucket.

There has to be casualties across the club when you only salute 3 times in a year, and 2 years before that in the cellar. 4 coaches is just a warm up for the day after the Syd Barker night which will be like a Red Wedding. Our list and trade craft needs to be at its very best in the next 6 weeks. Would love to see a Leppisch or Kingley type come in and fix up that back line. Love Blakey as a player and played against him when at high school back in the 1980’s. Such an athlete.

In 27 pages this went pear-shaped pretty quickly.

Along with the part-timers that seemed to be flocking to our “destination club” such as Gibson and J. Brown… Both gone after a year.

Interesting.

Blakey himself would probably be disappointed in his second time at North.
Defence never did anything positive with him at the helm.
He replaced Jade Rawlings and he was on double the coin and did no better.

I don’t think all people can be judged for ‘performance’ at this club, under the circumstances, during this time.
Blakey’s had had almost more senior coaches than years at the job.
Not in the inner sanctum, however I’m pretty sure he did okay at Sydney and we were excited to get him.

Maybe it’s us?

I completely forgot about J. Brown. What was his role?

He mentioned On The Couch one episode he was doing some sessions with our forward line. Seemed casual, non "on our payroll" stuff.

I don’t think all people can be judged for ‘performance’ at this club, under the circumstances, during this time.
Not in the inner sanctum, however I’m pretty sure he did okay at Sydney and we were excited to get him.

Maybe it’s us?
Definitely a big element of unfit senior player culture at our club. Doesn't matter how good or bad an assistant coach you are, there's not much you can do when your players run out of legs midway through quarters all year after doing the bare minimum every preseason. And that culture is the opposite to the Swans. Sure we all hate them and their academy but they're always fit.

Blakey as a player was ahead of his time - ultra professional - superfit, very low skinfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a big element of unfit senior player culture at our club. Doesn't matter how good or bad an assistant coach you are, there's not much you can do when your players run out of legs midway through quarters all year after doing the bare minimum every preseason. And that culture is the opposite to the Swans. Sure we all hate them and their academy but they're always fit.

Blakey as a player was ahead of his time - ultra professional - superfit, very low skinfolds.
he also made a point of criticising the club's fitness when he got here.

Maybe it’s us?

Nah, Sydney peeps were saying their ball movement became far more aggressive when he left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back