John Winston Howard - what is his legacy?

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'm not backpeddling at all. You're missing the point. It's millions of lives vs billions of lives.
Ah, utilitarianism.

Again, hope it isn't my family that has to burn to accomplish your dreams, AP. Hope I'm not part of the few that has to die for the many to survive; you know, seeing as you're deciding to handwave people's deaths.

If you want out of this conversation, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited:
Ah, utilitarianism.

Again, hope it isn't my family that has to burn to accomplish your dreams, AP. Hope I'm not part of the few that has to die for the many to survive; you know, seeing as you're deciding to handwave people's deaths.

If you want out of this conversation, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Let's review this conversation in 30 years and see who is right.

... worse than going to war under false pretenses on the basis of a presentation made by the PM to cabinet without intelligence support?
False pretences? Well then please explain to me what AUKUS is all about then?
Do you even know what it stands for?
It also would never have happened without 100 years of military cooperation between the three countries.

Last edited:
Committing Australia to a war that ultimately destroys a region for decades… on a known lie.
And then lying about those people who we were meant to be saving from an evil dictator … to give them “freedom” …. That they were throwing their kids overboard.
Making it legal to spy on its own people through the 5 eyes agreement …
Making up terrorist threats to change privacy laws so big business can own our information.
It’s hard to think he could be responsible for worse…

But I tend to agree that his worst legacy was destroying our country as a leader in renewable energy, destroying the CSIRO, bowing to the mining lobby, and not taking climate change seriously…

We are already at 1.5c increase in temperatures….

It will cost lives … it has already cost species… our way of life will change for ever…. People already can’t afford insurances.

I’m not sure how being personally responsible for helping destroy the planet can be topped…
Just show how f^^ked up John Howard was….

But people loved him because their house prices went up and they got to buy Plasma TVs …

Yeah, but how did we even get John Howard elected in the first place.
By Paul Keating backstabbing Bob Hawke and splitting the Labor Party,
Howard got in on the back of voter apathy.

The old "time to give the other side a go" mentality, not realising what a mob of criminal campaigners they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back