Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparison between David Mackay and Dawson at 23 years of age. That being 2020 for Dawson

That is the form Dawson had before this year. He was David Mackay.

Actually he's worse than Mackay. Less tackles, less clearances, less goal assists.

We better be DAMN sure that 2021 is a level he can maintain going forward if we want to offer a first round pick for him.

I despise Sydney for their actions during the Pond Scum debacle.

I despise them for the systematic cheating, which resulted in them having 19 players on the field - not as the result of an accident, but a deliberate choice to send the 19th player on knowing that they were breaking the rules.

I despise them for abusing COLA, allowing them to seize Franklin & Pond Scum in consecutive years.

The list goes on, and on, and on.

In any case, Dawson's value isn't dependent upon the fact that he's from a club I despise. It's the fact that his achievements on the field simply don't justify a pick any higher than #20.
They didn't abuse it, there was no guidelines.

You're wrong again, on all counts.

Doughty has to do what heavy hitters managers do and play this out in the media. He’s not be heard of, that’s a joke.

Agree with this 100%. Can you imagine Colin Young or Paul Connors not saying a peep if there looks like being an issue getting their players to the preferred destination?

Comparison between David Mackay and Dawson at 23 years of age. That being 2020 for Dawson

That is the form Dawson had before this year. He was David Mackay.

We better be DAMN sure that 2021 is a level he can maintain going forward if we want to offer a first round pick for him.

Hell Mackay actually out tackles him...
Mackay's season in 2009 was his career year, his semi final that year was as good a game as he ever had.

He went backwards before he was 23.

It's even worse, no one pays that kinda pick for a very average ruck.

But that's beside the point. I was trying to show you that good sides don't pay first round draft picks for outside players with so few runs on the board.

The fact you couldn't find an example of an outside player just proves my point.

Mackay's season in 2009 was his career year, his semi final that year was as good a game as he ever had.

He went backwards before he was 23.

And there is every chance that 2021 in Dawsons career year and he's going to slide backwards again.

He might not, but he might and we absolutely have to factor that into his price.

There simply isn't the body of work behind him to have faith he's going to be able to continue to produce at that level.

Find me an example of Richmond or Melbourne or even Geelong paying so much for an outside player with so few runs on the board.

The closest comparison is Melbourne trading pick 22 and a future 2nd for pick 26 and Langdon (who’d had 2 good years at the Dockers).

Melbourne’s 2022 1st is a good offer for Dawson.

And there is every chance that 2021 in Dawsons career year and he's going to slide backwards again.

He might not, but he might and we absolutely have to factor that into his price.

There simply isn't the body of work behind him to have faith he's going to be able to continue to produce at that level.
Every chance ??

You need to take something, it can't be healthy to be as negative as you

But that's beside the point. I was trying to show you that good sides don't pay first round draft picks for outside players with so few runs on the board.

The fact you couldn't find an example of an outside player just proves my point.
It wouldn't matter what I found, you wouldn't agree in any case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize "every chance" just means it's a possibility right?
I wouldn't say "every chance".

In an environment like Sydney's, and one we are are creating players don't go backwards.

I'm assuming it's bullshit.

But IF it's not bullshit, enjoy resigning with Sydney Dawson, we'll chat again in 2 years time.

Your loyalty should be to your new club not your old one.

Its just a new angle on a story not going anywhere. Rucci pulled that story mid week after claiming for two weeks no trade would be done as we wouldn't make a fair offer. As soon as it came out we had made a good offer he moved accross to this story. Hebis just death riding it.

Different if you were in contract perhaps but as if a footballer cares what compensation a club gets.

A bit like when you tell the company you work for that you have another job. You apologise for leaving them short staffed and tell them how bad you feel but deep down you don't really care.

Last edited:
Once again, playing the man, not the ball - because the ball's down the far end of the ground, in your own net.
I, and many others find your position on Sydney's dealings with us laughable....it's not just me

Like your Galactic Empire, your arguments crumble every time.

Maybe a few people over here might like to eat some humble pie.

The Swans board have been consistent the last week that Dawson’s management have informed the Crows that he strongly prefers not using the PSD to complete the trade, so strongly in fact that he may well prefer to remain in Sydney if a deal can’t be reached. IMG_7683.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just out of curiosity, why are you so determined to sanctify the dirtiest club in the competition? The one with a lengthy history of bending/breaking the rules at will?
Because it's simply not true.

If you'd have said Carlton, or Essendon then fine.

You're effectively trying to absolve Trigg and Co of any blame

The closest comparison is Melbourne trading pick 22 and a future 2nd for pick 26 and Langdon (who’d had 2 good years at the Dockers).

Melbourne’s 2022 1st is a good offer for Dawson.

Actually a really good example.

So in the year Langdon was traded he had more disposals, more clearances, more inside 50s, more score involvements.

He was also a year younger and as you say had come off TWO good years rather than one.

And he went for less than what we're offering for Dawson.

Maybe a few people over here might like to eat some humble pie.

The Swans board have been consistent the last week that Dawson’s management have informed the Crows that he strongly prefers not using the PSD to complete the trade, so strongly in fact that he may well prefer to remain in Sydney if a deal can’t be reached. View attachment 1256864

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lol you wouldn't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back