Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

By this guy's rankings, Dawson is the 7th best kick of the top 50 most kicks.

Hinge is 33rd and Smith only ranks at 42/50 with a clearly negative ranking

Interesting data, with retention rating and then kicking efficiency, they seem to have very little correlation but give the impression they should be similar.
I think a lot of people have doubts about kicking efficiency data.
Hinge and Dawson taking the most dangerous ( threat rating) kicks, which looks about right
This shows how important Dawson is to the team
Smith not taking the dangerous kicks and not retaining possession, Just trying to be a metres gained, bomb it long player
It would be good if the afl showed the retention rating data

Interesting data, with retention rating and then kicking efficiency, they seem to have very little correlation but give the impression they should be similar.
I think a lot of people have doubts about kicking efficiency data.
Hinge and Dawson taking the most dangerous ( threat rating) kicks, which looks about right
This shows how important Dawson is to the team
Smith not taking the dangerous kicks and not retaining possession, Just trying to be a metres gained, bomb it long player
It would be good if the afl showed the retention rating data

I think the number of defenders and lack of forwards indicates that data is still severely flawed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t it inferred that it’s retained? As a threat kick results in a score
I think it's a general rating of how likely a kick taken from one position on the field to another position results in a score. So there's no inference of retention; a player that's a worse kick is less likely to nail a high threat kick

Could be starting midfielder and captain of the AA team at some point in the years to come, absolutely the first of many AAs
Had to get in. They got this right. You don’t have the no 1 scoring team in the league without a midfielder kicking the thing in there with quality Delivery. J Dawson. Our captain and trade steal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back