Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if he has committed a serious offence then he deserves what he gets. But your statement is full of assumptions and not facts. Your assuming that letter relates to the specifics he has been charged with, and that it contains an admission and that was the basis for the criminal charges. You are also using a presumption of guilt, when our court system works on a presumption of innocence and the onus is on the prosecution to prove guilt, not the defense to prove innocence. In the fullness of time we will learn these details and then can make a judgement on him based on fact but right now we are short of those. Obviously De Goey's team feel that the AFL's 2018 investigation will assist his case, or they wouldn't be requesting it be released as evidence.

I’m putting an emphasis on the letters content because it was reported in the media that the letter being sent was a factor in charges now being able to be laid... whatever he wrote in it (along with other evidence) is clearly incriminating enough to warrant prosecution.

Time will tell. I can just see him being jailed and/or suspended because of this... as others have said, hopefully there’s a clause in his contract that helps the club options in that event

The charge would reflect what the allegations are. If he’s written an apology letter and the admissions within are the basis for the prosecution... then the charge of sexual assault would reflect what he’s admitted to already

If the alleged victim has made further claims, then the charges would be upgraded to confirm this no?

And again, whilst possible, it’s unlikely that the allegations against him are false... false accusations along these lines that are pursued through the criminal (not family court) court system are historically rare.

His goose is cooked. It’s just whether he gets jail time or not.
You have NFI of the accusations in the first place so you're just flappin' your lipss in the wind.....

In the second place if accusations have changed since the original accusations then that puts doubt on the accuser for not being able to keep their story straight.

And thirdly DeGoo has apologized . . .

For what exactly ???

Just wild speculation on your part.

I’m putting an emphasis on the letters content because it was reported in the media that the letter being sent was a factor in charges now being able to be laid... whatever he wrote in it (along with other evidence) is clearly incriminating enough to warrant prosecution.

Time will tell. I can just see him being jailed and/or suspended because of this... as others have said, hopefully there’s a clause in his contract that helps the club options in that event
Indecent assault can be as frivolous as accidental contact in a crowd - yes complaints have been made against public figures for even less than that.

If he's done the wrong thing he should do the time but seriously you need to find a hobby.

Indecent assault can be as frivolous as accidental contact in a crowd - yes complaints have been made against public figures for even less than that.

If he's done the wrong thing he should do the time but seriously you need to find a hobby.

This is a forum. If you don’t like speculation or opinion then don’t be here. You add nothing but nastiness when you comment anyhow.

And clearly it’s not just some naive or innocent accusation. Indecent assault can result in a maximum 10 year jail term in Victoria.

If you don’t thing one of our players facing a trial by jury is conversation worthy then you’ve got rocks in your head

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm Ok to sit on the sidelines and wait for the Courts to work this out.

If he is guilty I hope he never wears the jumper again but I also believe in fair and due process, so lets hope if he gets off because he deserves to.
Why does he “deserve to get off”?
Because he is an AFL player?
Because us mere mortals never deserve to get off when we commit a crime.
And nor should we.... or him for that matter.

I think you'll find Horaceg clumsily worded that as I though the same thing as you did on first read.

I think maybe he meant " If he is guilty I hope he never wears the jumper again but I also believe in fair and due process, so lets hope if he gets off IT'S because he deserves to."

Which part?

De Goey is likely to plead/found guilty in a state where the median jail term for sexual assault is 1 year.

View attachment 1039090
All of it. Yeah, Jordy knows what he did. But what the girl is claiming could be very different, so of course he would want to know the details of her allegations. He wrote an apology years ago for an incident in which the charge was dropped, and has been now charged since then. He has a right to know why. As if he would plead guilty without even knowing what the girl is claiming?

The charge would reflect what the allegations are. If he’s written an apology letter and the admissions within are the basis for the prosecution... then the charge of sexual assault would reflect what he’s admitted to already

If the alleged victim has made further claims, then the charges would be upgraded to confirm this no?

And again, whilst possible, it’s unlikely that the allegations against him are false... false accusations along these lines that are pursued through the criminal (not family court) court system are historically rare.

His goose is cooked. It’s just whether he gets jail time or not.
Where has it been claimed that the letter is the basis for prosecution? Are you just assuming that’s where it’s coming from?

I think you'll find Horaceg clumsily worded that as I though the same thing as you did on first read.

I think maybe he meant " If he is guilty I hope he never wears the jumper again but I also believe in fair and due process, so lets hope if he gets off IT'S because he deserves to."
There is an edit button.
So he had the chance to make his opinion clear.
And Didnt.
Which means he is comfortable with the words in his post.

Happy to wait for the court case but surely with this hanging over his head they would have put a clause in his contract, if he is guilty good bye.
No need for a clause, if he's unable to fulfill he's part of the contract due to a criminal matter the contract is void.

If he's found guilty and given no jail time things may get sticky, he could have restrictions about leaving the state etc, but IMO that would still mean he can't fulfill his contract due to a criminal matter.

I’d speculate the request for the AFL interview and witness would be to address any potential change to the story.

It reads that way to me, however I vaguely remember that the fresh charges were brought about because the police chose to take a further look into it? Her story changing may be unintentional given the time that’s passed.

The devil will be in the detail of this one because something has obviously happened I suspect people’s views will fall on a spectrum between accepting that an 18 yo made a mistake or demanding he never plays again...

We don’t know if he has actually committed any crime, there is a presumption of innocence. If whatever has been accused of is proven, then I am hopeful he gets his right whack.

Last edited:
Where has it been claimed that the letter is the basis for prosecution? Are you just assuming that’s where it’s coming from?

I thought I’d read that he’d apologised for his actions... however the age reported it was just for his language used on the night. That is a big difference

Clearly more than language occurred that night though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back