Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

They are heavily over when it came to light that most of Beams' wage was being covered by the Collingwood president paying off his gambling debts.
Hence, Collingwood are trying to fight for every penny in the Treloar deal, as they need that money to extend De Goey at a respectable level, without going over the cap. They can't announce those deals until they get back under, hence the hold up with those announcements, which is an extension of the Treloar trade.

Isn't it true that Brisbane agreed to pay half Beam's gambling debts though because of the two first rounders we paid for him?

So we get back Treloar, send Beams back to Brisbane, get our first rounders back and we are sweet?

It's because AFL house realised that Collingwood were doing the dodgy with Beams. They were paying him close to a minimum wage, in exchange for Eddie paying off his gambling debts. AFL got wind of it, and are allowing Collingwood to self manage their way out of this mess- but I can say with certainty, Eddie will not be President come round one. Beams "leaving", the fire sale and Geoff Walsh's "retirement" are the domino's to fall so far, and there will be more to come.
This rumor has been going around for over 12 months now, I heard it first on Facebook so there's that for reliability

As Don Chipp used to say you have to “keep the bastards honest”.

It just annoys me that punters come on here and spin crap with no accountability. They’ve heard a rumour from somewhere along the way, they post it here as fact and it grows legs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just to be clear, you are contending that the widely held opinion that Collingwood's salary management is a horrendous shitshow is Collingwood bashing?

Sorry but what is this conduct you are referring to?

Apart from getting some very underwhelming trade returns what specifically have Collingwood done here to warrant a penalty?

I love it how Collingwood is automatically the bad guy when it comes to the Treloar trade/pay outcome. Can you categorically rule out the Dogs not dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s on the deal. Neither you or I have any idea as to exactly why the Treloar deal at Collingwood was back ended multiple times. My unconfirmed info is that it was not all Collingwood’s fault he pushed his contract back.

Unconfirmed info : Meaning you have information , insinuating that you do get info that you need confirmed otherwise if it was not a reputable source you wouldnt or shouldnt even mention it. Not like you would write this if you just heard it at the pub

Unconfirmed info : Meaning you have information , insinuating that you do get info that you need confirmed otherwise if it was not a reputable source you wouldnt or shouldnt even mention it. Not like you would write this if you just heard it at the pub

Dude you need to work on your punctuation.
I’m actually not sure what you are even trying to say here. Use more full stops.

Dude you need to work on your punctuation.
I’m actually not sure what you are even trying to say here. Use more full stops.

Dude thanks for the english lesson but considering english is my 2nd language and im 55 years of age you will just need to read it again and try and understand it as its really not that difficult but here you go just place them where you like ..............

Now maybe just stick to the topic and dont stress too much about punctuation as theis is a footy forum and not an english exam.

Maybe he has a source at the club with good intel as you do !
you dont need to support a club to have friends in different places. I know a sponsor of the bulldogs who i speak with 1-2 times a week and we talk about stuff i wont reveal. My friend is a carlton supporter who also has somebody who knows an essendon person.

You mentioned in an earlier post you have info from the pies , but nobody questioned you doesnt mean just because you support them its a given fact.
I wouldn’t take much stock in an ex-player (the supposed source) knowing whether or not the president of a club is stepping down from their post. Players, let alone ex-players, are barely kept in the loop in regard to the coming and going of coaches at the best of times - until it actually happens, basically - and they’re even more on the outer when it comes to the club’s president, CEO, etc. But at least their claim can be tested: they’ve outright said Eddie will be gone before Round 1 next year, so there’s that. I’ll have to see it to believe it, though.

I wouldn’t take much stock in an ex-player (the supposed source) knowing whether or not the president of a club is stepping down from their post. Players, let alone ex-players, are barely kept in the loop in regard to the coming and going of coaches at the best of times - until it actually happens, basically - and they’re even more on the outer when it comes to the club’s president, CEO, etc. But at least their claim can be tested: they’ve outright said Eddie will be gone before Round 1 next year, so there’s that. I’ll have to see it to believe it, though.
Ed won't be going anywhere, especially when we seem down and out, he'll want to redeem himself, just the way he is.

wait wait wait........so with all the trouble theyve gone through (and probably still are) they, still resigned levi greenwood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait wait wait........so with all the trouble theyve gone through (and probably still are) they, still resigned levi greenwood?
The packet of popcorn was offended by Collingwoods offer

What kind of obscene salary will JDG demand once he's a FA in 2 years?
wont be any point demanding when noone would pay it. every club knew that they could have had him this year if they wanted to, but his price was far too high. something would need to change drastically or i cant see him getting any more than what inflation gets him.

Eddie will not be President come round one. Beams "leaving", the fire sale and Geoff Walsh's "retirement" are the domino's to fall so far, and there will be more to come.
You forgot to say which year ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back