Toast Josh Hill - was that his best AFL game?

Was Friday night v NM Hill's best game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
Was talking to a colleague at work today, who thought that this was Josh Hill's best game in the AFL.

I thought he was exceptional, and it got me to thinking, maybe he was right, could that be his best game ever? Any supporters can buy into this one. ;)

Either way, massive kudos to him because I thought he was the one that wanted it badly all night and kept us in the game so Nic Nat could tantalise and excite us. :thumbsu:

Was talking to a colleague at work today, who thought that this was Josh Hill's best game in the AFL.

I thought he was exceptional, and it got me to thinking, maybe he was right, could that be his best game ever? Any supporters can buy into this one. ;)

Either way, massive kudos to him because I thought he was the one that wanted it badly all night and kept us in the game so Nic Nat could tantalise and excite us. :thumbsu:

I was critical of his work rate last week but thought he was very, very good this week. Happy to have been proven wrong.

He played excellently (something I haven't seen much of this year) against North. Like you said he really wanted the game on Friday and I was surprised at his strength. He held off the defenders with ease in one on one marking contests like the one where he missed it from 20 metres out but it was great core strength which unfortunately led to a point in the end but anyways I would say it was definitely his best game. :):thumbsu:

wtf 2 * swannies! Lord help us.

On topic it was probably his best game for WCE outside of the nab cup final against the crows when he was the only one who showed up to play.

His game last year against Norf was probably better. 15d, 7marks, 4 tackles, kicked 4.1 plus a goal assist. Although for him to step up in the last quarter for us on Friday really stood out.

All season his work in the forward line has been great IMO. Much more obvious if you're at the game and see his work off the ball. Can't remember which game it was, round 2 or 4 I said in the last quarter that he was close to our best player, looked up the stats and he only had a handful of possessions. Doesn't need to kick bags every week, but that always helps!

Close to the furthest player on our team from being dropped. Serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard you enjoyed the Swans vs East Perth match more than the eagles. :p

Looks like he made the swannies family proud! :thumbsu: :D

His last two marks were borderline impossible. His opponent basically had him in a bearhug in both contests and he somehow still found a way.

Missed the second one though and I was ropeable.
Felt much the same.

Basically, it wasn't necessarily his biggest statistical impact, but the intangibles were just immense. It was the biggest knock on him that he went missing when the game was in the balance. Well, the game was in the balance and there he was, front and centre doing his damnedest to get us home.

Felt much the same.

Basically, it wasn't necessarily his biggest statistical impact, but the intangibles were just immense. It was the biggest knock on him that he went missing when the game was in the balance. Well, the game was in the balance and there he was, front and centre doing his damnedest to get us home.
I made the comment to my son, during the last, that Hill was the one that wanted it the most. He was running up and down on the spot on the wing in front of us, halfway through the quarter, but still got up to give a contest.

He's been good all year,but it was probably a game where all the hard work payed off and he got a couple of goals. He's well and truly proven me wrong his defensive efforts and work rate this year.

Back