List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill does barrack for the Saints i'm sure he can make up a new rule to make it possible.

In all seriousness i don't think it's out of the question for Saints or someone else to enter the frame. With the continuing increase in player salary who knows. I'm not an expert on these things but i like to keep my feet on the ground so there is no big dissapointment if he doesn't choose us.

Give him whatever.

Watching Swallow * everything up because he's played out of position is just ridiculous.

We need better players.

Welcome Josh. We'll even create a Café for you.

Look I get it that players thinking of financial security would find it pretty hard to knock back an offer like north's but I just can't help but feel that "star" players seem to choose "big" clubs because of the idea of playing at a packed mcg in front of massive crowds...but then again....oh I don't really know......!

I like it that nothing has come from him about staying at the GWS. If he really wanted to stay then he would have said something by now. Other reports that it's a certainty that he will stay from GWS people are false right now. I'd love him here.

I like it that nothing has come from him about staying at the GWS. If he really wanted to stay then he would have said something by now. Other reports that it's a certainty that he will stay from GWS people are false right now. I'd love him here.

I think the decision has already been vocalised, if not GWS won't give him much time. They need to do their due diligence to replace him or utilise salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he chooses St.Kilda over us after all his family ties I worry for the club. would be a terrible sign

Didn't you say he was signing up with GWS anyway ?

Gill does barrack for the Saints i'm sure he can make up a new rule to make it possible.

In all seriousness i don't think it's out of the question for Saints or someone else to enter the frame. With the continuing increase in player salary who knows. I'm not an expert on these things but i like to keep my feet on the ground so there is no big dissapointment if he doesn't choose us.
That is what I do when we have a set shot at goal, mark it down as a point as to numb the disappointment.

Look I get it that players thinking of financial security would find it pretty hard to knock back an offer like north's but I just can't help but feel that "star" players seem to choose "big" clubs because of the idea of playing at a packed mcg in front of massive crowds...but then again....oh I don't really know......!
Yes some do,i know what u mean but playing in front of packed stadiums with the Tigers or Pies is great and all that. But it doesn't always gaurantee G.F wins as Buckley will know all about.
Played in front of packed stadiums but missed out on playing in a Flags with North with the worst fascilities at the time.

We can only try and eventually we will land a big one and if they don't want to come to North then i don't want them at the club.
There was rumours that O'meara's attitude was poor when checking out our fascilities and i don't know how true that was but i don't want them players at our club.

But on Kelly it's a big offer to knock back.

i think the first step is for his manager to come out say...

...all contract discussions with GWS are on hold till the end of year (josh just wants to concentrate on playing good football blah blah blah)...

If we get this over the next few weeks or so then we are in business..until then we are in no man's land.

Then in the days after seasons end he needs to nominate us as his preferred employer (...and that he would like a fair deal for GWS rather than go cheaply thru the PSD.)

We agree to this and assuming we finish around 14th then the deal could take 2 shapes -

1. - our first rounder (pick 4-5) for Kelly - simple; or

2. - an appropriate swap of picks (probably a swap of firsts in 2017 but maybe with 2018 in play) PLUS Goldy (either directly to GWS or indirectly via a 3rd club giving us a late first rounder) giving us the flexibility to make this happen. That is, they get 2 first rounders we get one back plus Kelly.

In other words a long way to go yet but each marathon begins with a first step....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back