List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back to ur own hole and have a look at the desperation some of ur own posters have gone to making up stories about our club.

It's embarrassing for u guys I'd go to ur board to tell them myself but ur own mods are touchy and i wouldn't want to upset the muppets.

U guys have now gone past Richmond supporters as the most immature pathetic disgracefull whinging sooks.

Well done i didn't think it was possible but u finally got there. :clapping:

Sometimes it is best to ignore and not to take the bait. Let them write what they want. They take a risk. Dod v McDonald, an interesting case about a VPOL member who successfully sued a person for libel from the internet.

North Melbourne believes it has space to sign Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin on $1 million per year deals

NORTH Melbourne believes it has room to accommodate two players on about a million dollars per season — Giant Josh Kelly and Richmond’s free agent Dustin Martin.

While North has made a nine year offer of close to $9 million to Kelly, the Kangaroos are also among the bidders for Martin, who is a restricted free agent and whose management has suggested that contract talks would be on hold until the end of the season.

Normally a club would not be in a position to make simultaneous bids for players who would likely command around a million dollars per season, but the Kangaroos, as a result of the sudden loss of veterans and with a number of other older players exiting soon, have the scope to land both Kelly and a player such as Martin.

Richmond remains confident of securing Martin, having already offered him a significant five year deal that could potentially be revised upwards from the $800,000-plus per year it has put to his management.

While clubs bid for various players recognising that they might only land one, North knew it could not proceed with a pursuit of the Richmond star without having enough room to fit both Martin and Kelly.

North’s chances of securing Kelly, who is weighing up his future, are considered far better than its prospects of persuading Martin to leave Punt Road for Arden Street. Kelly, as a Victorian, would be moving home if he left Greater Western Sydney and his father Phil played for North in the 1980s.

Martin has been happy with Richmond and in the unlikely event that he moved, the industry view is that it would be almost entirely a financial decision.

The Roos shed a number of veterans during 2016, opening up significant space in their salary cap, and they will have even greater room when the cap on player payments increases by 20 per cent in 2018.

They axed decorated veterans Brent Harvey, Nick Dal Santo, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito last year, and lost well-paid free agent Daniel Wells to Collingwood.

The Roos also have a number of players — Jarrad Waite, Scott Thompson, Sam Gibson, Andrew Swallow — who are either 30-plus soon to turn 30 and market forces have not forced them to pay excessive amounts for younger players. Swallow is contracted for 2018.

North is far from the only Victorian club keen on Kelly — Carlton and especially St Kilda would like the opportunity to pursue the smooth midfielder, but the massive North offer has put the Roos at the front of the queue if he decides to move back to Melbourne.

No club has ever recruited two players on more than a million dollars in a short time frame, though the Swans recruited both Kurt Tippett and then Lance ‘Buddy’ Franklin on massive contracts that came close to an aggregate of $2 million in 2016 and this year.

North Melbourne has previously unsuccessfully bid for Sydney Swans pair Isaac Heeney and Dan Hannebery as well as Port Adelaide’s Hamish Hartlett.

Lock and loaded boys.The old paper bag is back and so is North Melbourne.

Paper-Bag-Paper-Bag-Magic-Trick-Magic-Lessons-1.jpg.pagespeed.ce.i2abn58Kg1.jpg

Yeah, it's ****ed. I use my real name. I don't give a flying f#@*!
The moment where some dickhead tells me that he should stay for 2-3 years on what gws can offer (around600k) then go as a free agent for about 1.2 a year, instead of a guaranteed 9mil, is where u realise people are dumb.
"Oh but he has the potential to win flags and make more later"
Yep and I have potential to fly to the moon.....
Potential, what a great word.

Yeah, it's ******. I use my real name. I don't give a flying f#@*!
The moment where some dickhead tells me that he should stay for 2-3 years on what gws can offer (around600k) then go as a free agent for about 1.2 a year, instead of a guaranteed 9mil, is where u realise people are dumb.

If North got Kelly & Martin they'd be aiming for a flag next year and beyond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's ******. I use my real name. I don't give a flying f#@*!
Your last name is '28'?

Kelly is going to have to make his mind up soon and if that's us North will know he is coming.
Maybe Martin can then see us as a better proposition if we told him Kelly is on board also.

But yeah I'd be happy with one of them but both would be a bonus of course.

I think I can clear this thread up once and for all. He will sign with us or he won't. Until then we can probably move on.

You heard it here first.

* mate you are not doing the Internet right. We'll be at Part III before he signs

North Melbourne believes it has space to sign Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin on $1 million per year deals

NORTH Melbourne believes it has room to accommodate two players on about a million dollars per season — Giant Josh Kelly and Richmond’s free agent Dustin Martin.

While North has made a nine year offer of close to $9 million to Kelly, the Kangaroos are also among the bidders for Martin, who is a restricted free agent and whose management has suggested that contract talks would be on hold until the end of the season.

Normally a club would not be in a position to make simultaneous bids for players who would likely command around a million dollars per season, but the Kangaroos, as a result of the sudden loss of veterans and with a number of other older players exiting soon, have the scope to land both Kelly and a player such as Martin.

Richmond remains confident of securing Martin, having already offered him a significant five year deal that could potentially be revised upwards from the $800,000-plus per year it has put to his management.

While clubs bid for various players recognising that they might only land one, North knew it could not proceed with a pursuit of the Richmond star without having enough room to fit both Martin and Kelly.

North’s chances of securing Kelly, who is weighing up his future, are considered far better than its prospects of persuading Martin to leave Punt Road for Arden Street. Kelly, as a Victorian, would be moving home if he left Greater Western Sydney and his father Phil played for North in the 1980s.

Martin has been happy with Richmond and in the unlikely event that he moved, the industry view is that it would be almost entirely a financial decision.

The Roos shed a number of veterans during 2016, opening up significant space in their salary cap, and they will have even greater room when the cap on player payments increases by 20 per cent in 2018.

They axed decorated veterans Brent Harvey, Nick Dal Santo, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito last year, and lost well-paid free agent Daniel Wells to Collingwood.

The Roos also have a number of players — Jarrad Waite, Scott Thompson, Sam Gibson, Andrew Swallow — who are either 30-plus soon to turn 30 and market forces have not forced them to pay excessive amounts for younger players. Swallow is contracted for 2018.

North is far from the only Victorian club keen on Kelly — Carlton and especially St Kilda would like the opportunity to pursue the smooth midfielder, but the massive North offer has put the Roos at the front of the queue if he decides to move back to Melbourne.

No club has ever recruited two players on more than a million dollars in a short time frame, though the Swans recruited both Kurt Tippett and then Lance ‘Buddy’ Franklin on massive contracts that came close to an aggregate of $2 million in 2016 and this year.

North Melbourne has previously unsuccessfully bid for Sydney Swans pair Isaac Heeney and Dan Hannebery as well as Port Adelaide’s Hamish Hartlett.

This article is accurate - I am confident we can get both from what I've been told

I have very limited knowledge of the intricacies of drafting and salary cap. My worry is should NM sign both Kelly & Martin, does that leave little money for the younger players to be resigned.

We might have the money too, but unsure how we could get it done, Martin is a restricted free agent and Richmond will match our offer, so we will have to trade for him, kelly would take some assets to acquire you would think

I have very limited knowledge of the intricacies of drafting and salary cap. My worry is should NM sign both Kelly & Martin, does that leave little money for the younger players to be resigned.
The reason we have so much money to spare is due to good contract work and getting the kids signed away early on front/back ended contracts (dependent on the contract).

Man some of you guys are ruthless lol.

I'm obviously a Saints supporter and would be ecstatic if Kelly came across to us but if he doesn't, then I sure as hell hope he joins North. My old man was a North supporter so I have a little soft spot for your boys.

I honestly have know idea which way he'll go, either way, lets enjoy the ride. Times like these are exciting for clubs like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back