List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

If Brad has said I will only stay if you get me these two players, then he should be moved on.

If the admin of the club has said we will only retain you in 2018 if we get these two players, then the club should get a new admin.

What a ridiculous way for either party to apply themselves to the task ahead.

This is all a media beat up, because guess what, the media loves a beat up, any beat up, just to get themselves seen and/or heard.

In my view everything is travelling in exactly the way it should, for Brad to be coach in 2018, with or without Dusty and JK.

If we don't get either or both, we are still in a very good position to get a very good draft pick. There will be a talented kid there who will, barring injuries/bad luck, we will get and he will provide us with very good service for a long period of time.

It is easy to be negative and look for hidden agendas, but in my opinion despite us having only won 5 games so far this year, the glass is more than half full, whatever happens at the end of the year. I'm excited and so should all of you be.
From what I have gathered, thats the thinking of the majority of North supporters going by forums, Facecrap, Twitter, Youtube and talkback radio. Most are excited.

And I have heard many Carlton fans moan and groan. TBH I dont see a reason why either Carlton, North and Brisbane fans would be unhappy. But most of ours are upbeat of the 3 and with very good reason.

Why?

If Brad has said I will only stay if you get me these two players, then he should be moved on.

If the admin of the club has said we will only retain you in 2018 if we get these two players, then the club should get a new admin.

This is all a media beat up, because guess what, the media loves a beat up, any beat up, just to get themselves seen and/or heard.

In my view everything is travelling in exactly the way it should, for Brad to be coach in 2018, with or without Dusty and JK.

If we don't get either or both, we are still in a very good position to get a very good draft pick. There will be a talented kid there who will, barring injuries/bad luck, we will get and he will provide us with very good service for a long period of time.

It is easy to be negative and look for hidden agendas, but in my opinion despite us having only won 5 games so far this year, the glass is more than half full, whatever happens at the end of the year. I'm excited and so should all of you be.
I just think the tone would be different if either player had committed thus far. And I would think by now North would have a fair idea. Im definitely half glass full and I'm excited for the draft and the future and I definitely don't think it's the end of the world if we don't get either. In one way there's no better feeling than building from scratch and having success. I'm TOTALLY EXCITED for future!

Can't help but laugh at the Saints board in how pathetic their posters are. I mean we take the piss a lot of the times but these guys are serious and a lot of them "tlk lyk dis"

If, after this year long trade period, and all the speculation and offers and 6 year deals and 10 million dollar sums, Norf end up with just one player and that is Fatlop --- wow

I still feel the same.
From what I've been hearing if he leaves GWS and goes anywhere but St Kilda I'd be genuinely shocked.

Surely if we don't have an elite mid over the line then were not moving on someone like Joey. Also the Richo contract extension is in complete contrast to what's happening at North. Like I've been saying for a year now. They're in turmoil

Had a massive chuckle at Norths rebuild having a better spine than ours. Or even carlton for that matter. Geez you can't create that sort of stupidity

Would like to know what Saints and Blues offers to Kelly are but all I'm hearing in the media is crickets.

And meanwhile our offer is out for everyone to see, why isn't his manager leaking the other offers. It's just my opinion I've said it before but i don't like it and i have a feeling we will end up not getting him.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reminds me a little to much of Buddy to GWS :(

Wtf are you on about? He was positive. He squashed the tassie stuff. He said they're going to keep Brad on. The insinuation by the media is ridiculous and you don't do yourself any favours as a North person by giving it any more thought then you would releasing your bowels.
Calm down, it's just my opinion. Unfortunately perception plays a part in this game when only snippets get released.

Calm down, it's just my opinion. Unfortunately perception plays a part in this game when only snippets get released.

I am calm. I think Buckley has been great. I feel much better after hearing him then JB.

Snippets? The whole interview was realeasd.

Are you the type to buy the paper and only read the headlines?

Everything is in the fine print Danni

Would like to know what Saints and Blues offers to Kelly are but all I'm hearing in the media is crickets.

And meanwhile our offer is out for everyone to see, why isn't his manager leaking the other offers. It's just my opinion I've said it before but i don't like it and i have a feeling we will end up not getting him.

Hope I'm wrong.

Because they havent even put an offer in thats why

Last edited:
How am I trolling? I'm telling you what the saints and blues are going to use as bargaining chips to lure JK.

Media and supporters outside of north have the opinion that North's list is the worst in the league. JK could very well be influenced by that opinion.. and that is the only reason that I could see him picking anyone else over north.

Obviously I'm going to be disgusted if he selects blues or saints and I don't think he will, personally. But people are asking why he'd select blues or saints and I'm just stating potential reasons why..
The broader football public's perception of North and there list compared to those actually playing are not even comparable.

Why?

I think this is a great post!
I agree with most your points. I think we and the media are trying to read way too much into things based on a few morsels of information. I understand that the media need to justify their existence by running stories based 90% plus on fiction. The fact that they don't know what is happening with Dusty, JK or Scotts future is clearly evident. The Buckley interview yesterday said nothing, and gave nothing. I for one am glad that we have the calibre of this guy at the head of our club!

As mentioned by Horace I for one am bouyant about what I have seen from our list this year. We have a good foundation to build from. Do we need Dusty and/or JK? Well yes it would speed up our competitiveness and contention to win a GF. On the other hand, without landing these two, we are also in good shape moving forward.
We will have access to high end picks this year and also have a large war chest to go after other stars next year. Not landing a big name this year only sets us back perhaps 1-2 years. I have the patience and would rather see a long term sustained competitiveness from our club. With or without the stars recruits I still think we will be playing finals in 2019!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf are you on about? He was positive. He squashed the tassie stuff. He said they're going to keep Brad on. The insinuation by the media is ridiculous and you don't do yourself any favours as a North person by giving it any more thought then you would releasing your bowels.
Yep, it is media garbage. Why do we have to extend his contract beyond next year atm? He will coach next year and if warranted we will give him an extension.

Tom Browne was going to speak about D day looming for Josh Kelly. I got out of the car to catch my train before he was going to speak. Anyone hear what he said? I think it was on Gold.

Tom Browne was going to speak about D day looming for Josh Kelly. I got out of the car to catch my train before he was going to speak. Anyone hear what he said? I think it was on Gold.
D day for Kelly was in January when he didn't sign on with GWS, the rest is just background noise.

This thread, the Dusty thread and the Double Deal thread are emotional roller coasters; 'It's happening!' :D 'It's not happening!' :'( 'It's happening!' :D 'It's not happening!' :'( I can't keep up! :huh:
No deals in life are done until the contract is signed.
If anything the GWS/Sydney/Buddy deal should be case in point.
Even if our administration is at 80% confidence of obtaining Dusty or JK , they know there's still obstacles.
They would have plan A B and C, and hopefully plan D is to just hit the draft.
I guess it's good timing for BBB to re-sign his contract extension.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Should have missed the train, mate. Who cares about getting to work late? I'm late every day. Mind you I work for myself.

At no stage did Buckley gently set us up for disappointment with his comments, and suggest equal deference to the draft as he did for a big trade.

What I heard him say was that the board had approved Joyce to spend more money than a New Years Eve Tatts pool, but out of respect to the clubs whose players we are taking, I won't mention their names.

Whatever they are cooking, it's on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back