List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are just trying to keep giving this story wheels.
They keep changing there views and thrn go back to the start.
At the moment North are supposd to be out of the race.
seriously join all the dots and i can say they all lead to North.
the media know this but just need to keep creating stories to fill in their quota

The commentary thread has the podcast and details.

As for the Kelly/Dusty part, it's pretty much what we already suspect will happen if we land them both.

You spelt when incorrectly.

I just think the tone would be different if either player had committed thus far. And I would think by now North would have a fair idea.

I have no idea why you would think that. We’re not allowed to “sign” players before the trade period. End. Of. Story.

Nobody likes a gloater and if we had pinched both of these players we wouldn’t be advertising it to the world until we are able to actually sign them.

BTW: It's happening.

Only if you let it.

The club has been into Josh since his draft year. Media speculation and guesswork four years later isn't going to affect anything.

Bang on mate!

Most of the media didn't know who Josh was, let alone rate him as one of the best up and coming young mids in the game, until our offer came to light this year. Whereas we'd been all over him for years prior.

This thread, the Dusty thread and the Double Deal thread are emotional roller coasters; 'It's happening!' :D 'It's not happening!' :'( 'It's happening!' :D 'It's not happening!' :'( I can't keep up! :huh:
... and to think people complain about 'trade week' (fortnight).

For those of us who love it, this is fantastic. A whole year of intrigue and wonder, of 'what ifs' and 'too bads', of whispers and itk posts.

Only if you let it.

The club has been into Josh since his draft year. Media speculation and guesswork four years later isn't going to affect anything.

I have a lot of work to do in improving my mental toughness.

I wonder if JK and family & friends are reading social media posts/tweets about his future. If so they must be having a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are very very confident of getting Josh Kelly - Greg Denham

That's nice to hear. But this is like the other thread, where Denham said of course Martin will stay at Punt Rd (oh, I was only asking Richmond what they thought would happen).

Players will make their decisions. Until they have decided and signed, the feels are not news.

I think this is a great post!
I agree with most your points. I think we and the media are trying to read way too much into things based on a few morsels of information. I understand that the media need to justify their existence by running stories based 90% plus on fiction. The fact that they don't know what is happening with Dusty, JK or Scotts future is clearly evident. The Buckley interview yesterday said nothing, and gave nothing. I for one am glad that we have the calibre of this guy at the head of our club!

As mentioned by Horace I for one am bouyant about what I have seen from our list this year. We have a good foundation to build from. Do we need Dusty and/or JK? Well yes it would speed up our competitiveness and contention to win a GF. On the other hand, without landing these two, we are also in good shape moving forward.
We will have access to high end picks this year and also have a large war chest to go after other stars next year. Not landing a big name this year only sets us back perhaps 1-2 years. I have the patience and would rather see a long term sustained competitiveness from our club. With or without the stars recruits I still think we will be playing finals in 2019!
Like the post but..........we need to land someone of note this October.

If we don't, it will be 3 yrs in a row missing out sitting on the pine trying to land someone of note.

2015 Treloar
2016 Heeney
2017 Kelly/Dusty beers

We have to nip this inglorious pattern in the bud.

Hey journalists..

IF - St Kilda are offering big money to Kelly and Martin as many of you claim and they still miss out..

WILL - you be piling on decrying the fact noone wants to go there like you'll almost certainly be doing to us should it eventuate?
Barrett definitely will. Thats definitely up his alley as he goes on about it like no other "it really will be a disaster if Richmond dont get the Prestia deal done". Was a disaster either way as they gave up pick 6 for a mediocre mid :)

Like the post but..........we need to land someone of note this October.

If we don't, it will be 3 yrs in a row missing out sitting on the pine trying to land someone of note.

2015 Treloar
2016 Heeney
2017 Kelly/Dusty beers

We have to nip this inglorious pattern in the bud.

Treloar. Don't think we stood a genuine chance, As Treloar stated he wanted to play under Buckley
Heeney. We offered yes, but dont think he was gonna ever move. It was pie in the sky offer.

Kelly/ Dusty. Well if both of these guys stay at their respective clubs then we could argue that they entertained offers by us, to build their market value only, without genuine intention to leave their club.
However, if Kelly and Dusty leave their clubs and one or both do not land at North, then the "Club" needs to have a very close look at it's recruiting department and perhaps an even closer look at Joyce.

Wasn't listening to Denhams s**t when he said that JK was more of a chance of going to St Kilda and will not give into his s**t when he says North are confident.

Being an internet forum illiterate, I don't know how to tag scottywiper into this but I would love to hear once again his view of the venomous one, because well, the s'wiper really, really rates him. :)

I like where this is going...

ab4k28.jpg

Also:

Last edited:
Being an internet forum illiterate, I don't know how to tag scottywiper into this but I would love to hear once again his view of the venomous one, because well, the s'wiper really, really rates him. :)

Fixed for you Horace. Next time add a @ before the username and the tag is complete. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back