Jumper sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I like this, really forward thinking partnership with what could be a pretty decent company in the future. I’ve used them before and they’re definitely the goto in Aus IMO, withdrawal was a breeze and had the money in my account within hours, which considering the constant dramas I’ve had in Crypto that’s refreshing (off topic but is centralisation such a big deal, has the government/banks ever stolen your money? I sure wish a central company had the ability to recover the thousands of $$$ worth of XRP I can’t access because I’ve lost my private keys 😂😩)

Popular with the younger generation too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like an odd choice of branding for a cryptocurrency exchange to align itself with something as old school and traditional as an AFL club but whatever.

You can get burnt on the stock market, you can get burnt buying property, doesn’t make it gambling 😂 there’s a lotttttt of bullshit in crypto, doesn’t mean that a legitimate exchange offering people the ability to invest in an asset class is in any way shape or form dodgy. Comparing it to bookies would be wrong but I guess somewhat understandable, comparing it to pokies is just downright ridiculous

It’s polarising because there are people that understand it and those that don’t but that doesn’t make it gambling.

just because you don’t trust in it doesn’t mean you don’t understand it.

there are many people that are still to be convinced.

it’s a religion for some it seems. You just need faith.

Yeah look, calling it the pokies is a bit much.

If you only had two buckets, between gambling and investing, it definitely fits into investing.

However, in terms of risk levels it is quite risky, especially if you don't know what you're doing (not claiming to be an expert myself, far from it). For a lot of people though, it actually isn't too far off gambling if they're just picking random coins to back.... but there are risks on the stock market as well.... It sits somewhere between those IMO.

just because you don’t trust in it doesn’t mean you don’t understand it.

there are many people that are still to be convinced.

it’s a religion for some it seems. You just need faith.
Not trusting it is fine.

But it's not comparable to pokies or the predatory sportsbet advertising currently going on.

It's gambling in a sense because there's risk, in the same way that buying an investment property, shares or a hot dog from the local servo has risk

Yeah look, calling it the pokies is a bit much.

If you only had two buckets, between gambling and investing, it definitely fits into investing.

However, in terms of risk levels it is quite risky, especially if you don't know what you're doing (not claiming to be an expert myself, far from it). For a lot of people though, it actually isn't too far off gambling if they're just picking random coins to back.... but there are risks on the stock market as well.... It sits somewhere between those IMO.
Yeah I get what your saying, people absolutely use it to gamble, but I think people need to take some responsibility for their actions. Can’t just blame your problems on someone else all the time. People gamble on penny stocks on the ASX, people buy property they don’t know anything about. Should we not be allowed to do these things because some people can’t help themselves?

So many cryptos are dodgy, useless, bullshit. Doesn’t mean there’s not legitimate projects with actual long term use cases though, and it’s not like we’re sponsored by dogecoin or some other shitcoin were sponsored by a legitimate company providing a service for people to use how they see fit

Elon Musk doesn't like this.

HeavenlyUnfortunateIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

Yeah I get what your saying, people absolutely use it to gamble, but I think people need to take some responsibility for their actions. Can’t just blame your problems on someone else all the time. People gamble on penny stocks on the ASX, people buy property they don’t know anything about. Should we not be allowed to do these things because some people can’t help themselves?

So many cryptos are dodgy, useless, bullshit. Doesn’t mean there’s not legitimate projects with actual long term use cases though, and it’s not like we’re sponsored by dogecoin or some other shitcoin were sponsored by a legitimate company providing a service for people to use how they see fit
Not at all, not the intention of my post. I've invested in crypto at times before and likely will again. I also gamble from time to time. Generally I am a libertarian so I wouldn't argue for what you're saying at all.

Being sponsored by dogecoin would be hilarious though.

Not at all, not the intention of my post. I've invested in crypto at times before and likely will again. I also gamble from time to time. Generally I am a libertarian so I wouldn't argue for what you're saying at all.

Being sponsored by dogecoin would be hilarious though.
Yeah wasn’t having a dig, I got your intentions, just seemed like a good place to throw my 2c in 😂

I wonder if we could get a bulldoge coin listed on coinspot, would probably go up 3000% in a week at this rate

Edit: this might not be that far fetched…

F483F762-682E-4E95-9EDE-B96F83588C6A.png
B68A68C7-A909-4347-B1C2-CD42717D2D5B.png

Pardon the intrusion, but on Wednesday the dees announced that coinjar, a crypto website was sponsoring us. Now, on the Friday you're sponsored by their competitor. This is very weird and I think our clubs are being used as rival marketing tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back