June Daily Punt - Her Majesty Approves

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed a few races at EF from what i have seen nothing making huge ground but still winning from off the pace? where is the spot today, midfield 3 wide with cover?

Yeah thats probably fair - it seems if they are too far back they just never get into the race - but I'm not sure if that is due to the horses that have been back there or the track.

I think you'd want to be 3-4 pairs back with room to get to the outside in the straight.

very dusty kickback for a soft 5 in the back straight. what's the word on how the actual surface is? I heard a lot of praising straddie day but the racing was very average IMO.

very dusty kickback for a soft 5 in the back straight. what's the word on how the actual surface is? I heard a lot of praising straddie day but the racing was very average IMO.

I don't think any non self interested parties were praising it.

Swap 3rd-4th there and I get first 4

still only pulled 2-3 off the winner over the last 600, a horse that's g3 quality suspect over the 1400. possible excuse with the way the track is but wow its a fall from grace since the George Ryder.

Doncaster?

Yes you'd have to say the prep was a complete failure and in hindsight was a moronic decision from Maher - hope they haven't wrecked her. Apparently they are considering the breeders cup so maybe this is all owner driven.

still only pulled 2-3 off the winner over the last 600, a horse that's g3 quality suspect over the 1400. possible excuse with the way the track is but wow its a fall from grace since the George Ryder.

You could also say she put about 10 on your beloved Adelaide G1 winner - track is horrible and hardly reliable - doubt the winner ever beats her outside of Queensland with even weights.

Doncaster?

Yes you'd have to say the prep was a complete failure and in hindsight was a moronic decision from Maher - hope they haven't wrecked her. Apparently they are considering the breeders cup so maybe this is all owner driven.

Coolmore, 1500 rosehill got me. had her going backwards since then. probably improved today on last week. (yes including doncaster the 50kg hurts and it's marginal)

You could also say she put about 10 on your beloved Adelaide G1 winner - track is horrible and hardly reliable - doubt the winner ever beats her outside of Queensland with even weights.

yeah tracks shot. give it a year and hope the grass covering improves or else its a bust. still think you run that race 10 times you get 10 different results. As for precious gem that run was fine probably also peaked two starts/two months back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Azkadellia a bit stiff, MCG got the dream run but unfortunately for her at this level just leaves herself far too much to do getting back as she does over 1400M.

I'd be aiming her at the Toorak/Myer into the 2000M mares race that LV won last year in the Spring.

Genuine 1600M-2000M horse at the top level but not up to a Cox Plate at this stage for mine.

Coolmore, 1500 rosehill got me. had her going backwards since then. probably improved today on last week. (yes including doncaster the 50kg hurts and it's marginal)

yeah tracks shot. give it a year and hope the grass covering improves or else its a bust. still think you run that race 10 times you get 10 different results. As for precious gem that run was fine probably also peaked two starts/two months back

Can't agree - QOTT a career best for mine - and BTC Sprint or whatever it is well within her top 4 or 5 runs - any of those should have been good enough to win today - and with a decent ride and a fair track she would have won.

We can agree the track is complete garbage though

2000 will be the key with her. said it for eons now.

either she turns into a genuine g1 horse over 2000 or she's a flashy horse but ultimately a G1 bust.

I think she is G1 quality but get back horses need to be genuine stars to be winning consistently at G1-G2 level.

The grey beast for example.

I think she is G1 quality but get back horses need to be genuine stars to be winning consistently at G1-G2 level.

The grey beast for example.

a lot of that would disappear had she raced over more suitable trips she's yet to really do much under a mile that hasn't been a slog fest. honestly seems they believed the hype and opted to get a couple easy g1's and it's backfired terribly. to be presented big in a doomben 10,000 that was a furnace just blew her up. Agree the Myer into the Matriarch is the most suitable prep next season. she's a g1 mares quality. not sold she can win one against the males now being appropriately handicapped.

You would suspect horses like Palentino and abbey marie will overtake her next prep and probably not going to beat black heart bart unless it bottomless. even fringe horses like Hauraki could prove problematic.

Tsarista an epic drifter their late. Never change Queensland racing.

She is the best horse in it but had to be a risk back to 1400 from barrier 1 with the track playing the way it is with the weight swing to a couple she just got over last time.

No surprise to see her drift and her run was good considering.

I thought you didn't believe in weight ;)

It was more a whinge at how garbage qld winter racing is rather than the betting flucs.

I wish we had proper jumps racing in the winter rather than forcing flat horses to be play track lotto

I believe in weight but don't think it is as much of an influence as some might think.

But when a horse takes every bit of 1600M to get past a few who have the better of her at the weights back at 1400M then there has to be question marks, taking a 1.9 you don't want too many knocks.

Well you think that was bad today then the next 6 weeks will be unbearable, absolute camel races on bottomless tracks, I will be lucky to have one bet a week, late July cannot come around soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back