Racing June Daily Punt: Winter has come

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont mind the look of $4.75 about Selino to place in the Brisbane Cup.

No point looking at his form at anything under 2 miles but when he gets to that trip he has run well at huge odds in a couple Sydney Cups and a Melbourne Cup. His run in the Ramsden was decent enough for a race like this. I have questions about a few near the top of the market running two miles as well

Loved the way he gobbled them up on the turn. Good ride.

How cowardly is it to hedge out of Opal Ridge one out in the quad? Asking for a friend...

~2.60 on Betfair, even if I could scrape together say a grand to deposit it's like $400? Probably too much hassle it was a $50 Quaddie f it

Edit: wait that's not how math works 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I backed Khadeem last week in the King Stand because it was the riderless horse last year that almost beat Nature Strip. I thought it was a surprisingly good run, even without the rider.

And it didn't make the field. I didn't even bother looking at the field for last night's race.

I tried explaining this to my mother over the phone this morning and why it was annoying. She didn't understand, so I am posting it here.

given the race is going up $8mill or so i would guess that the slot holders are no longer funding the race. Seems like if you are in you are printing money.
No slotholders are funding a proportion of the race. Approx 40% I think. 20% of prizemoney goes to trainer, jockey, equine welfare and also strappers (nice try auto spell). Leaving owners and slotholders to negotiate the breakdown of remaining 80%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back