Racing June Daily Punt - When Real Men Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay he dead set looks happy to be stuck in the worst possible position. Has a couple of looks early then basically concedes.

I was giving it the full

b-scott-1-new.gif

in running.

This time last year She will Reign, Fell Swoop and Houtzen were already signed up. The country handicapper Deploy and 3 year old midweek class filly Tulip also ran. Takedown and Ball of Muscle were emergencies.
s**t concept s**t overhyped race. I give it 3 more years

This time last year She will Reign, Fell Swoop and Houtzen were already signed up. The country handicapper Deploy and 3 year old midweek class filly Tulip also ran. Takedown and Ball of Muscle were emergencies.
s**t concept s**t overhyped race. I give it 3 more years

In her Time and Trapeze Artist were also emergencies.

It will last more than 3 years, I'll give it at least 10

I should add - I like the concept - they have made it into a great event and marketed it superbly.

My question is why slot holders are crazy enough to lock in reasonably average horses so far ahead of the race!

Buying a slot for Jungle Edge would not be the stupidest thing in the world, because if the track is a bog suddenly its a $3 chance!

I guess you're right when you look at it like that. There are circumstances which would actually allow it to win, unlike various other competitors. Soft 7 or worse and you'd be hard pressed knocking him off the podium.

I guess you're right when you look at it like that. There are circumstances which would actually allow it to win, unlike various other competitors. Soft 7 or worse and you'd be hard pressed knocking him off the podium.

He'd need a Heavy 10 to be any hope. He has been in G1 company on Soft before and gets well held. His only chance would be an absolute historical level bog where they are borderline calling it off.

I dont mind it these days. generating a lot of talk for racing which is only good. still could be classified as best sprint even in the world most years. need to do some work with scheduling and would love to find a month where it's appealing to more jurisdictions.

oh and down a straight with 24 runners at half price entry would be nice.

I dont mind it these days. generating a lot of talk for racing which is only good. still could be classified as best sprint even in the world most years. need to do some work with scheduling and would love to find a month where it's appealing to more jurisdictions.

oh and down a straight with 24 runners at half price entry would be nice.

Some good thoughts here - 24 runners at Flem - get a bit more diversity - lets have some Perth horses (when still trained by Perth trainers!) come over - and one of the Tasmania studs putting up the cash for Tassies best. Even someone taking a risk on the best dirt sprinter from Darwin or Alice! One or two Kiwis, one or two from HK and Japan, a couple from England and a few dopers from the states.

Would never happen - but we can dream. To be fair - you are more likely to see that kind of thing in the Diamond Jubillee than down here.

Does anyone know of anywhere you can mass download or stat scrape past greyhounds/thoroughbred data? Recently found an interest (particularly in greyhounds) and am wanting to test out some theories I have on potential mispricing (ie potentially maiden runners being overvalued on trial form, particularly greyhounds, due to the easier run they tend to get inflating their times relative to actual races).

Bit the bullet and a couple of mates and I are going to the Ipswich Cup, bought the Corona Infield Marquee tickets. Should be able to knock back quite a few drinks and food to make it worth it, also have access to the random festival thing that's going on, should be a good first time to the races!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit the bullet and a couple of mates and I are going to the Ipswich Cup, bought the Corona Infield Marquee tickets. Should be able to knock out quite a few patrons, also have access to the random festival thing that's going on, should be a good first time to the races!

EFA

Because she wouldnt win it, but she will easily win a $5 million race a couple weeks later
Normally i would agree with you if we had good sprinters around. but at the moment they aren't much chop. She would know she's in a race but i think she would win but not as easily as the *******s she beats at further distances.
Give her a slot! give her a challenge i say

Normally i would agree with you if we had good sprinters around. but at the moment they aren't much chop. She would know she's in a race but i think she would win but not as easily as the *******s she beats at further distances.
Give her a slot! give her a challenge i say

So you'd essentially be happy for her to bypass the Cox Plate given the short turn around and 4 furlong rise in distance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back