News Jye Bolton wins 2016 & 2018 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

from geelong falcons

been training with collingwood's VFL team this pre-season and has done all the testing and stuff with our AFL team

Hi Guys,

The pies website has a description of Jye Bolton and, it's an interesting read. Here it is:

He attended the Leading Locals Geelong Draft Camp conducted by Nick Maxwell and Aaron Greaves, the newly appointed Geelong Falcons coach. He ran an outstanding 3km time trial in heavy conditions on grass.

A hard-running midfield defender with very good kicking skills who played for Leopold and was named the best player in the finals.

Hi Guys,

The pies website has a description of Jye Bolton and, it's an interesting read. Here it is:

He attended the Leading Locals Geelong Draft Camp conducted by Nick Maxwell and Aaron Greaves, the newly appointed Geelong Falcons coach. He ran an outstanding 3km time trial in heavy conditions on grass.

A hard-running midfield defender with very good kicking skills who played for Leopold and was named the best player in the finals.

Sounds like Maxwell was Involved in this Pick

read hines thoughts........interesting

read this thread...........very interesting

watched the video........now im interested.

with my love of an outsider, i'll back this kid to be something. clearly already developed, good kicking skills, happy to put his head on the line - and for a split second the one player i compared him to - hodge.

yeah a big call, but just my thoughts.

Very interesting pick up if you dont mind me commenting. Was on the Geelong Falcons development list and trained with them last season but couldn't crack into the side. Seemed to have a good year with leopold but you would have to consider this a very risky selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't have the kicking penetration of Hodge it seems, which is one of Hodges biggest assets. But Jye looks like he has good awareness and instinct which is something that you need to be a good footballer. He looks like the most likely of the lot picked up today (not including Cribbin) to make it into the seniors.

Very interesting pick up if you dont mind me commenting. Was on the Geelong Falcons development list and trained with them last season but couldn't crack into the side. Seemed to have a good year with leopold but you would have to consider this a very risky selection.
Noted mdub but then again we have a history with less than well regarded recruits don't we??? Check out the youngsters in our prem side including the captain - from down your way and considered not good enough eh?

Numbers and media reputations mean nothing - we proved that this year, he might not work out but he has a better chance here than most anywhere else.

If he can't crack the Geelong Falcon's side, how the hell is he going to become an AFL player?

Leopold? Wtf?

This is a spec pick if ever I've seen one.

Good luck to the kid though!

If he can't crack the Geelong Falcon's side, how the hell is he going to become an AFL player?

Leopold? Wtf?

This is a spec pick if ever I've seen one.

Good luck to the kid though!
Kirby remember how well regarded Maxy was down their way?

Things are not always as they seem m8, Hine has been right more often than not - he looks behind the numbers to the man - or boy in this case.

jonbe54, i have no doubt that collingwood will get the absolute most out of this kid and he sure could become a great player. Im not having a go at your recruiters, was just saying this is a very speculative draft pic considering how many players the falcons actually used last season. But yeah good luck to him.

No probs mdub didn't think you were m8 you're right he's speculative but then again so was the likes of Maxwell and a few others. Until he loses his touch I'll back Hines judgement against the Falcons anyday, he's had a large share in the credit for getting us up for this flag.

I've watched a fair bit of Jye in the past year and I think he could be a diamond in the rough for Collingwood. I don't know how the was overlooked by the Falcons but his knowledge and skill for the game is far beyond his years. He has a huge tank, solid kick and strong hands. I think he will only continue to develop now he's in the system as he's the kind of kid that relishes a challenge. He came of age in the GFL finals series this year, dominating off half back with his run.

Keep an eye on him - i think the only way is forward. He'll be missed at Leopold

He could turn out to be the Bolter of the draft.

There. I said it first.

NO YOU DIDNT, I DID. SO THERE.

I've watched a fair bit of Jye in the past year and I think he could be a diamond in the rough for Collingwood. I don't know how the was overlooked by the Falcons but his knowledge and skill for the game is far beyond his years. He has a huge tank, solid kick and strong hands. I think he will only continue to develop now he's in the system as he's the kind of kid that relishes a challenge. He came of age in the GFL finals series this year, dominating off half back with his run.

Keep an eye on him - i think the only way is forward. He'll be missed at Leopold

thanks for the local input.

Highly speculative pick - yes, but risky? Hardly.

Kirby remember how well regarded Maxy was down their way?

Things are not always as they seem m8, Hine has been right more often than not - he looks behind the numbers to the man - or boy in this case.
Yeah i do, but Maxy was one of the better players at the Falcons and played all year (I think) he just failed to get drafted afterwards. He then went on to play good VFL level football.

All I'm saying is that this kid played at Leopold and couldn't even crack the Falcon's side so he is HIGHLY speculative.

It seems odd, but we have absolutely nothing to lose with where we picked him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back