News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on him just making the AFL is a huge achievement . Is a remarkable story an inspiration to young kids doing it tough.💪

Looked at this again ... how many people would have given up their dream ... I think I might have ..........

Karl Amon overcomes Perthes’ disease to make AFL debut for Port Adelaide
KARL Amon didn’t play footy until he was 10. It wasn’t because he preferred another sport; it was because he spent two years unable to walk.

“At age five I was diagnosed with Perthes’ disease. It affects the growth in your femur bone, so the head of my femur wasn’t really growing into the socket properly,” Amon told Fox Footy.
Affecting 1 in 4,750 kids, Perthes’ disease occurs when the soft, developing femur doesn’t receive enough blood supply and is then damaged. In Karl’s case, serious action needed to be taken.
“I had five operations on my hip. I had a femoral osteotomy, where they shave the bone, so I was in a wheelchair for a year, on crutches for a year and in and out of hospital from ages five to eight.”

Don’t get the Amon love.

Had a decent season, outstanding if you think of his previous form, but on afl standards just an average season, after being below standard for years. Yet people are falling over ourselves excited at his signing.

Would rather play Farrell in the same role.

What has Farrell done?
He’s played like 2 or 3 good quarters of AFL
Strange post.

Typical of this board at the moment.

He requests a trade - "Ken can't handle indigenous players", "The club stinks", etc

He stays - "Questionable move, form was possibly a once off", "The bar is low if this is considered a win", etc

Spare me.
Is it the same people?

I don't know why but usually bad s**t happens after we sign on a player (E.G Wines dropping off in form and the Brisbane loss after signing on five youngsters) I'm happy he's staying, but it won't fix the meh very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why ???????????????? ...
He is only 24 and one of our most improved players.

Improved from not even AFL standard to having a standard AFL year, I would have either traded him or gone for a max of 2. Good on him for turning his career around but he's going to need to improve another step hopefully next year but the hype doesn't match the output.

Ha, that escalated quickly.

For a start, I was having a laugh with you (or so I thought). Calm down a bit.

If being fun at parties was the measure, I reckon I'm sweet
All good I edited it quickly to remove the flog part but you caught me lol. I don't like it when people pull people up on English and spelling.

Looked at this again ... how many people would have given up their dream ... I think I might have ..........

Karl Amon overcomes Perthes’ disease to make AFL debut for Port Adelaide
KARL Amon didn’t play footy until he was 10. It wasn’t because he preferred another sport; it was because he spent two years unable to walk.

“At age five I was diagnosed with Perthes’ disease. It affects the growth in your femur bone, so the head of my femur wasn’t really growing into the socket properly,” Amon told Fox Footy.
Affecting 1 in 4,750 kids, Perthes’ disease occurs when the soft, developing femur doesn’t receive enough blood supply and is then damaged. In Karl’s case, serious action needed to be taken.
“I had five operations on my hip. I had a femoral osteotomy, where they shave the bone, so I was in a wheelchair for a year, on crutches for a year and in and out of hospital from ages five to eight.”
View attachment 740162

I have a young lad and to have him go through that and then play AFL footy wow what a proud moment that must of been.

ipJHDES.jpg

Don’t get the Amon love.

Had a decent season, outstanding if you think of his previous form, but on afl standards just an average season, after being below standard for years. Yet people are falling over ourselves excited at his signing.

Would rather play Farrell in the same role.
Amon wing, Farrell forward flank, Cox deep forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back