News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His trajectory is one I hope Riley Bonner follows.

And Riley showed more this year than anything Amon had shown pre-2019, so there's certainly hope for him yet. Just needs to toughen himself up a bit and the rest will come, like it did for Amon this year.

Bloody hell. A small number of us want to s**t can a player when he doesn't meet expectations then when he turns it around they still want to s**t can him. Karl Amon had a pretty good season and he deserves some credit for that.

Well done to Karl Amon on an improved season and well done for re committing for three years.

What is his highest possession game at AFL level?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure what his highest possession has to do with it, if he gets himself midfield fit he has some weapons that would be useful as wing or high half forward.

we rejoice a 3 year extension to a bloke who has finally met afl basic standards, like we have just signed Tim Kelly

Don't worry about it. You are not sitting for an English exam. lol
And what about people using American, so called English.

Yeah American `English' has become endemic for the X and Y generations, with meter instead of metre, center instead of centre, etc etc, but my personal favourite (not) is ass, or butt, instead of arse, not that I am particularly interested in that part of the human anatomy.
The continued use of loose instead of lose gets up my proboscis as well, but I doubt we can blame the septic tanks for that. ;)

I don't understand why people agonize over a year on someone's contract.

If it's 2 or 3, who honestly gives a *? It makes no difference. If he could have got 3 elsewhere then we wouldn't have kept him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why people agonize over a year on someone's contract.

If it's 2 or 3, who honestly gives a fu**? It makes no difference. If he could have got 3 elsewhere then we wouldn't have kept him at all.

And if he got 2, played well and then got poached leaving us without quality outside run there would be tears galore.

Personally I think 3 years is the right call.
Players can have a good season for many reasons. In Amon's case it wasn't because he tried harder, he always has. It wasn't because he ran to the right spots or kicked better and smarter as he always did.
He continued doing the things he always did well and the parts that improved his output such as sticking tackles and having a stronger body are the type of things that will not go away in a non contract season.

Glad he signed and IMO 3 years is about right. 1 would have been silly and as we have found out many times 4 is a bit long.
2 to 3 is about right and as he is young one would have to think 3 is the right option.

Looks like Karl is starting to become important member of the team, I was one of his knockers way back, glad to be proven wrong.
Well done.
Some on here have always believed he would come on.
Personally I didn't say much as I could see his weapons but didn't know if the rest of his game would come up. In the past some players were able to do that and some weren't. Very glad it has, both for him and for all Port supporters including myself.

Farrell is the next one we want to see improve his all-round game. His weapons are strong but he now needs to up the rest of his game just like Amon has.

And if he got 2, played well and then got poached leaving us without quality outside run there would be tears galore.
If he got 2 years and we still had no other outside options in two years time that would be a bigger problem than Amon leaving

As opposed to how we are now?

Even a step back breaks this rancid merry-go-round of finishing just outside the 8 with the exact same setup.

Age as of Round 1, 2020

Westhoff: 33
Ryder*: 32
R Gray: 31 (32 in April)
Boak: 31
Rockliff: 30
Ebert: 29 (30 in April)
Hartlett: 29
Watts: 29
Motlop: 29
Jonas: 29
Broadbent*: 29
Dixon: 29
McKenzie*: 28 (29 in April)
S Gray*: 28
Lycett: 27
Sutcliffe: 27

I mean, it’s a miracle we don’t have Bernard Finnigan breaking into the club on a daily basis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back