Keep Positive Guys Were in for the Long Haul!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
I know these next couple of weks are going to be tough with injuries and the kids getting tired and blooding new players ,but we have all got to stay strong.Let's not forget this year is about development and a new gameplan.What I take notice week by week is not only weither we win or loose is the improvement in players ,skills and structure that's whats most important to me.Seeing our defence set up play ,the midfield winning clearances and provideing good deliverly and the forward line a work in progress.So chin up guys the next couple of games are going to be tough ,but I'm with Dimma for the long haul:thumbsu:.

Thanks Db26 I was a bit down after the 50 pt drubbing to the Roos which I expected to win and certainly am not looking forward to today's result. Your post certainly puts things into perspective and I am indeed going to stick tight now and stay strong as you suggest.

Have you any ideas or suggestions ,breathing exercises or other methods you use that I can implement over the coming weeks in these very difficult times.

I know these next couple of weks are going to be tough with injuries and the kids getting tired and blooding new players ,but we have all got to stay strong.Let's not forget this year is about development and a new gameplan.What I take notice week by week is not only weither we win or loose is the improvement in players ,skills and structure that's whats most important to me.Seeing our defence set up play ,the midfield winning clearances and provideing good deliverly and the forward line a work in progress.So chin up guys the next couple of games are going to be tough ,but I'm with Dimma for the long haul:thumbsu:.

I agree, but the Pie supporters are up and about. Back to their arrogent best. I just wish we could hand their ass back to them on a plate, but it wont be today unfortunately.
Message for TRT, try finding a neutral corner and rediscovering your inner child.

Ilike that we are going to try some rookies. Hopefully one of them can take a job off a White or king and make the team better and harder. Contin and Hicks both have been talked up a bit, will be interesting how they go with a month of AFL football when they get there chance.

I'm very positive for the future and understand what process the club is going through. The big plus for us IMO is our young players are already emerging as stars, and unlike most of the other clubs they are the one's getting us over the line for wins:thumbsu:

Excellent Post. :thumbsu::thumbsu: Lets not foget where we were at the start of the year and what we wanted to see for this season.

As the OP suggests this year was all about improvement from both an individual and team game style perspective, and working out which players are capable of taking the club forward. We have already seen the improvement we were after but it took a little time, same thing will happen with the other guys now being given a run. If they are ordinary at the start doen't mean they won't improve and become valuable players, but they need to be given the time on the big stage to improve.

Lets give them all the support we can and try to create an environment where the young players can relax a little and not feel that every mistake will see them crucified. All players make mistakes every game, thats a fact. The young players will play much better if they feel a part of the team and they have the support of the whle club.

Its this time next year that we can start to put expectations on the group in terms of results, until then its about development and culture.

I agree, but the Pie supporters are up and about. Back to their arrogent best. I just wish we could hand their ass back to them on a plate, but it wont be today unfortunately.
Message for TRT, try finding a neutral corner and rediscovering your inner child.

I think TRT inner child is Andy collins or someting that closely resembles that said person it's a little scary to contemplate really ;)

too many changes this week has made the team aweful. the ins are playing shyte and even deledio is playing way below his average.

polo/post/astbury have to go to vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good job picking on those players

now tell me who has played well

out of the ins i would say morton has been the better.

martin has patches of being everywhere as he does but has been out numbered.

tuck has also been good.

as for everyone else they do look to be trying its just that the pies out number in every contest and pressure well forcing the fumbles and turnovers. would have to man up from here cause so often the contests all over the ground have looked like 3 on 1 with pies everywhere.

yeah fair point, are you watching the match?

is our defense as bad as the commentators(radio) are making it out to be?

yep watching it on foxsports 518...defense is just looking slow off the mark, pies always a few feet ahead, and like that last goal just then by didak the ball went to a pack, no one to rove it for us and didak got it then did a 1-2 around them and goal.
when we have the ball there more often than not none of the players are providing an option to kick to and get stuck, back into old habits. this is also happening up forward for us. not moving around and providing options, so often our kicker has had play on called on them because no one is providing that option, then they get caught up again.

heres hoping for a better second half

this is the worst side we have put on the park all year and were playing the best team in the comp.

we had three of our 5 midfielders out (foley, cotchin and jackson) and thats where we got smashed.

when the ball is being won out of the middle so easily it makes the defence look worse then they are and results in the fowards being out of position to try and win any touch they can.

dont worry about the collingwood fans, they are destined for more dissapointment in 7 or 8 weeks time.

The worst thing about these games are very good players like Deledio and Jack are made to look ordinary while some very ordinary Collingwood players are made to look good.

Collingwood - I hate watching Collingwood play. They do have good players but their style is annoying. They always seem to crowd where the ball is and pinch it from the opposition. They hardly ever deliver the ball into the forward line to a leading big forward and would rather scramble and pressure to get their goals. At least with Hawthorn and other sides they play more attractive football.

Today's game was always going to be like this. Richmond don't have the depth yet to cover the likes of Cotchin, Jackson and Foley. Also Griffiths does seem to make a difference and will probably be one of the most important players for the Tigers.

The reason for the past 2 weeks is the Freo game. People havent taken into account just how physical and hard this game was for our club. Our club doesnt have the depth to cover and our boys are still showing the effects from this game.

It was obvious from the start today that its boys v men, the size of Collingwood stood out like a sore thumb, any chance they got, they crunched our team.

The Freo game took our momentum and we are still feeling the effects. I am not too concerned by the past 2 weeks yet some believe the sky might be falling. This tiger team still has 1 or 2 wins up its sleave for 2010, then its back to the weights room for the offseason.

too many changes this week has made the team aweful. the ins are playing shyte and even deledio is playing way below his average.

polo/post/astbury have to go to vfl

Dont forget nahas. Thrown around like a rag doll. No awareness, dumb decision maker. VFL standard footballer.

The worst thing about these games are very good players like Deledio and Jack are made to look ordinary while some very ordinary Collingwood players are made to look good.

Collingwood - I hate watching Collingwood play. They do have good players but their style is annoying. They always seem to crowd where the ball is and pinch it from the opposition. They hardly ever deliver the ball into the forward line to a leading big forward and would rather scramble and pressure to get their goals. At least with Hawthorn and other sides they play more attractive football.

Today's game was always going to be like this. Richmond don't have the depth yet to cover the likes of Cotchin, Jackson and Foley. Also Griffiths does seem to make a difference and will probably be one of the most important players for the Tigers.

Why do you think this happened? You need to give Collingwood and Malthouse some credit, they know who our best players are, they gave them nothing today because they knew how to beat us.

Also you wouldnt hate it if Richmond played like Collingwood do, you just hate it because its Collingwood, which is fantastic because we are true tigers. Our team got a footy leason today but the difference between this and past years is we will learn from it instead of shrug it off like it never happened. :thumbsu:

?? cant argue with Grif's win - loss ratio but I dont think u can say he has made a difference - presented well and given an alright account of himself for a first year player, except that, is injured which was always a risk.

Our 2nd stringer onballers Hislop and Thomson (is he even still on our list, what happened to him?)are missing too-Relton as well (looked likely to get a few bursts in the middle) before resorting to Nahas, smurfs and whoever else we had helping Cuz and Tucky out

bring back Coggers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back