Keith Pitt the lobby group for coal within government.

Remove this Banner Ad

A viable carbon capture outfit is very bit as common as renewables 24/7 power (+/- LNG depending what version of green suits your fancy).

I agree mining is moving to renewables & long may it continue: (Renewable Energy - Sandfire )
theres already a city in germany has disconnected from the grid using solar / wind and theres heaps of places around the world on hydro.

Wheres ya carbon capture gaff?

theres already a city in germany has disconnected from the grid using solar / wind and theres heaps of places around the world on hydro.

There are already examples in Australia. Yes they have fossil fuel backups but at times they are powered entirely by renewables. Add more renewables as they get cheaper and/or batteries and there won't even be a need for the fossil fuel backups.

It is coming.

There are already examples in Australia. Yes they have fossil fuel backups but at times they are powered entirely by renewables. Add more renewables as they get cheaper and/or batteries and there won't even be a need for the fossil fuel backups.

It is coming.
Heres the thing.

Fossil fuel plants have backups too.

Its only renewables that arent allowed to have backups.

To my knowledge carbon capture is no more than a theory & 24/7 renewables are equally theoretical. Happy for your advice on solar/wind - yes, I ignored hydro.

whats the city? as it will be smoke and mirrors

Actually a village but:

it wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables

Forty-three wind turbines with an total installed electrical capacity of 74.1 MW are operated by Energiequelle GmbH, as is the separate power grid.

Energiequelle also built a solar farm on a nearby former military site. A total of 9,844 photovoltaic modules mounted on 284 trackers produce

fort around 150 residents

do you guys even read or understand the basics?
also thats a lot of rare rare earthed material & land destroyed for such little result!

it wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables

From the article: GERMANY

<<<Germany is often held up as leading the charge among industrialised nations towards a non-fossil-fuel future. Under its "Energiewende" strategy ("energy shift"), it wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables, up from one quarter now. It plans to switch off its last nuclear plant in 2022>>>
do you guys even read or understand the basics?
also thats a lot of rare rare earthed material & land destroyed for such little result!
DESTROYED?

How rare is rare rare earthed material?

From the article: GERMANY

<<<Germany is often held up as leading the charge among industrialised nations towards a non-fossil-fuel future. Under its "Energiewende" strategy ("energy shift"), it wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables, up from one quarter now. It plans to switch off its last nuclear plant in 2022>>>
t wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables

Forty-three wind turbines with an total installed electrical capacity of 74.1 MW are operated by Energiequelle GmbH, as is the separate power grid.

Energiequelle also built a solar farm on a nearby former military site. A total of 9,844 photovoltaic modules mounted on 284 trackers produce

put that on a scale of 1, 5, 10, 100 million people how about several billion?

DESTROYED?

How rare is rare rare earthed material?
do the deep dive your self!
what materials are used in making a battery?
where does it from from and how much is needed?
how much waste does it produce and is it toxic?
the refining and manufacturing of the product & what happens to the junk product at the end of its 15 odd year life span if it makes it that far?
where does it come from and how much is needed to me mine wind turbine and solar panels?

fyi coal and oil plays a vital part in the manufactoring procerss of all of those products and oil is needed in the running and maintenance of a wind turbine

you lot are caught up in the romance of it all, but have totally zero idea on any of it just parroting the words of large government and multinational corporations.

t wants to generate 80% of the electricity it needs with renewables

put that on a scale of 1, 5, 10, 100 million people how about several billion?

do the deep dive your self!
what materials are used in making a battery?
where does it from from and how much is needed?
how much waste does it produce and is it toxic?
the refining and manufacturing of the product & what happens to the junk product at the end of its 15 odd year life span if it makes it that far?
where does it come from and how much is needed to me mine wind turbine and solar panels?

fyi coal and oil plays a vital part in the manufactoring procerss of all of those products and oil is needed in the running and maintenance of a wind turbine

you lot are caught up in the romance of it all, but have totally zero idea on any of it just parroting the words of large government and multinational corporations.
Used lithium batteries are recyclable.

How recyclable of petrol and diesel?

How recyclable is the crude oil dumped into the ocean every few years when a tanker sinks or a deepwater horizon happens.

How come you chuds only gaf about the environment when its renewables?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used lithium batteries are recyclable.

How recyclable of petrol and diesel?

How recyclable is the crude oil dumped into the ocean every few years when a tanker sinks or a deepwater horizon happens.

How come you chuds only gaf about the environment when its renewables?
lithium only makes up a small fraction of toxic products to make a battery. doe to all those TOXIC materials is MIXED TOGETHER recycling them is difficult and expensive.

petrol and diesel is burnt

a lot of oil is recycled

how come you renewable & climate change loons know totally nothing about anything just parrot the words from a random article?

lithium only makes up a small fraction of toxic products to make a battery. doe to all those TOXIC materials is MIXED TOGETHER recycling them is difficult and expensive.

a lot of oil is recycled

how come you renewable & climate change loons know totally nothing about anything just parrot the words from a random article?
So this is how it works

Get shut down i one thread parrot garbage in another one.

So yes, Batteries can last 15 to 20 years and are now ultimately recyclable and people way way smarter than you are putting in things in place things to make sure that happens

You'll note, If California starts something to do with cars, it's inevitably going to go US wide and then likely worldwide.

Yes mining is bad, but it is funny how you forget things like the Gulf of Mexico oil slick, nothing to see there obviously, those lithium mines are way worse. Not to mention Petrol/diesel is burnt once...co2 stays in the atmosphere 300 to 1000 years, or are we forgetting environmental damage beyond the initial mining ?

But look, you keep repeating your old, poorly understood copy pasta in every thread you can find. Hopefully one day they become true for you.

Btw, you haven't mentioned slavery yet? Maybe throw that in, you might get a few more people willing to read your stuff.

So this is how it works

Get shut down i one thread parrot garbage in another one.

So yes, Batteries can last 15 to 20 years and are now ultimately recyclable and people way way smarter than you are putting in things in place things to make sure that happens

the batteries apparently c an last up to 15 to 20 years but how many do?
you cant answer peanuts parrot dribble as you go as you still cannot answer the minerals required to make batteries, solar or wind mills, the refinement and production or what happens to the toxic waste.
you still dont believe that coal and fossel fuels is a major ingredient required to make the renewables

You'll note, If California starts something to do with cars, it's inevitably going to go US wide and then likely worldwide.

Yes mining is bad, but it is funny how you forget things like the Gulf of Mexico oil slick, nothing to see there obviously, those lithium mines are way worse. Not to mention Petrol/diesel is burnt once...co2 stays in the atmosphere 300 to 1000 years, or are we forgetting environmental damage beyond the initial mining ?

But look, you keep repeating your old, poorly understood copy pasta in every thread you can find. Hopefully one day they become true for you.

Btw, you haven't mentioned slavery yet? Maybe throw that in, you might get a few more people willing to read your stuff.
how about the other rear earthed materials used to make the batteries?
now lithium
yes i have already mentioned the slavery used in making such as dud product!
where is BLM, ANTIFA OR SJW ON matter?

the batteries apparently c an last up to 15 to 20 years but how many do?
you cant answer peanuts parrot dribble as you go as you still cannot answer the minerals required to make batteries, solar or wind mills, the refinement and production or what happens to the toxic waste.
you still dont believe that coal and fossel fuels is a major ingredient required to make the renewables

how about the other rear earthed materials used to make the batteries?
now lithium
yes i have already mentioned the slavery used in making such as dud product!
where is BLM, ANTIFA OR SJW ON matter?

How many do is a good question and improved recycling is what's being pushed

Including using batteries that can't be car batteries, be batteries for other things

I have answered your questions, you are just so busy sprouting trigger words you can't process anything.

I know you've said slavery before, I've read your nonsense enough times.

How many do is a good question and improved recycling is what's being pushed

Including using batteries that can't be car batteries, be batteries for other things

I have answered your questions, you are just so busy sprouting trigger words you can't process anything.

I know you've said slavery before, I've read your nonsense enough times.
lithium batteries and other modern day batteries! your recycling claims are junk
you have answered nothing yet! what are the minerals used to make batteries, solar and wind mills? where do they come from?

slavery? blm, antifa or SJW of this world? where are you?....hang on you are noting but the arse clowns of the bankers and multinational companies you lot are the usefull idiots. so woke where you think your intelegent who try and shut down any one who has a different of opinion. sicence is settled. you lecture any one about coal or fossell fuels with out knowing your building, push bike, tram, microwave, chair, desk, staircase, or clothing that you wear wouldnt exist with out coal or oil.

lithium batteries and other modern day batteries! your recycling claims are junk
you have answered nothing yet! what are the minerals used to make batteries, solar and wind mills? where do they come from?

slavery? blm, antifa or SJW of this world? where are you?....hang on you are noting but the arse clowns of the bankers and multinational companies you lot are the usefull idiots. so woke where you think your intelegent who try and shut down any one who has a different of opinion. sicence is settled. you lecture any one about coal or fossell fuels with out knowing your building, push bike, tram, microwave, chair, desk, staircase, or clothing that you wear wouldnt exist with out coal or oil.

Yes add in more trigger words, that certainly makes your points more valid and make people listen to your ravings.

My claims aren't junk, they just answer your ranting in way which would make you need to stop

But it doesn't matter what anyone says, you are going to keep ranting anyway.

I'm not sure what the historical use of coal and oil has to do with the future of energy generation, you appear to have taken this all to personally.

Heck, someone needs to tell Toyota it can't recycle batteries, what about the slavery

These silly buggers could just come on bigfooty and realise it's all futile !

I'm on the phone to antifa right now, got to have a protest.

a lot of oil is recycled

Petrol and diesel is burnt releasing loads of toxic ingredients into the atmosphere.

Chuds applying standards to one form of energy generation and not the other…

a lot of oil is recycled

A bit like solar panels, they can be recycled .....

A bit like solar panels, they can be recycled .....
No! lets ignore all the land destroyed in digging up toxic rare earthed materials and toxic waste materials left over from the refining the product that ends up back in the ground. lets talk about whet happens after a solar panel has had its short life

No! lets ignore all the land destroyed in digging up toxic rare earthed materials and toxic waste materials left over from the refining the product that ends up back in the ground. lets talk about whet happens after a solar panel has had its short life

MARCH 30, 2023
Editors' notes

Inexpensive and environmentally friendly mechanochemical recycling process recovers 70% of lithium from batteries​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back