News Kerry Ryan and Board Election

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope people are expecting an in depth portfolio of why she should be re elected and what she stands for just like they have demanded similar from challengers.
So far she is asking to be relected for no other reason than she is the incumbent. At least this time around she will actually go to the polls.

the things I don't like

Following three consecutive finals appearances, we all felt the disappointment of our on-field performance this year. Change was needed, and the Board and management have been united in overseeing and implementing a strategy to bring about that change

Change is needed at board level as well

During the three years I’ve been on the Board, the Club has achieved:

• record membership of almost 73,000 - that's the supporters
  • continued zero debt - also the fans
  • consecutive finals appearances (2014, 2015) - great what are you doing about getting back there and actually winning one
  • a stand-alone VFL side - fighting tiger fund
  • the establishment of Aligned Leisure (a Club subsidiary that operates its health and leisure management business), which enables the Club to expand its revenue base - one thing in 3 years
  • improved facilities -largely because of the fighting tiger fund
  • outstanding community involvement through our indigenous and multicultural programs and partnership with the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.
Our Next Generation Academy and Richmond Institute of Sports Leadership (in conjunction with Swinburne) are also exciting initiatives for 2017.

That's a whole lot of nothing

I see that she has been appointed by the club as a director of Aligned Leisure. I wonder if that is a paid position? I don't know if it is a good thing if board members are being appointed to paid positions at the club's profit making subsidiary. Or is it an unpaid position?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that she has been appointed by the club as a director of Aligned Leisure. I wonder if that is a paid position? I don't know if it is a good thing if board members are being appointed to paid positions at the club's profit making subsidiary. Or is it an unpaid position?

My understanding is its unpaid

That's a whole lot of nothing

Tend to agree, Sterge.

For me, I'm just disappointed its Ryan and Dunne that are the incumbents that have to stand. Ryan's been there one term. Dunne's been there 20 minutes. "Refreshing" the Board by putting the two shortest serving Directors up for election? Give me a spell...

Tend to agree, Sterge.

For me, I'm just disappointed its Ryan and Dunne that are the incumbents that have to stand. Ryan's been there one term. Dunne's been there 20 minutes. "Refreshing" the Board by putting the two shortest serving Directors up for election? Give me a spell...

It is not a choice.
The constitution demands those two are up for re election. They both are at the end of their terms.

It is not a choice.
The constitution demands those two are up for re election. They both are at the end of their terms.

So was peggy but they decided to be crafty and insulate her from facing the members, you know the people who keep the club alive.

You can't feel too bad for the 2 of them though since the members never voted them in to begin with.

So was peggy but they decided to be crafty and insulate her from facing the members, you know the people who keep the club alive.

You can't feel too bad for the 2 of them though since the members never voted them in to begin with.

Yeah I'm really not happy Peggy didn't have to face them members. Reckon she would be out on her arse if she did.

Its a shame its Kerry and Dunne up for re-election, some of the longer serving board members should be facing the wrath of the members, not these two.

As Kiwi's thread is asking, I hope everyone reads all 4 value propositions and doesn't just vote blindly for the challengers.

Its a shame its Kerry and Dunne up for re-election, some of the longer serving board members should be facing the wrath of the members, not these two.

As Kiwi's thread is asking, I hope everyone reads all 4 value propositions and doesn't just vote blindly for the challengers.

As someone already posted, its the way the rotation of board roles works

On tenure, if you read oneals latest q&a the older peeps on the board will actually be leaving thanks to the new constitutional amendment (if accepted). Once the three term cap is in place, all board members on 3+ terms will be walked.

This means over the next three years oneal, oshan, and dalton will all finish up. Free is resigning now, and rumours are rex will be resigning next year.

This leaves speed (2011), ryan if elected (2013), orourke (2015), and dunne if Elected (2016)

People have ignored how much change we have washing through our board, contrary to perceptions we have been adding new blood to the board every second year since 2009

Sounds good.

I didn't vote for her - but nearly put her in.

I felt that we had a pretty good choice this year. This is good as having more people you want on the board than there are positions is good for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back