Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Got another 4 rounds to achieve that before commencing finals reckon that might be wishful thinking .
Far from ideal in any sense & ultimately we want a Premier in all Leagues but we don't want to get in the habit of playing 8 or 10 game Seasons because were panicking to get the Season done before we shutdown again. I think their needs to be more scope to set the fixture in short bursts like the AFL are doing and too allow games to be played anywhere from Mid March to Mid October to get it done. Plenty of Clubs train 10 months of the year anyway. Work smarter don't train Pre Season and set yourself that the Grand Final could be Mid October.

The majority of people work during the week, some travel to play, not sure how you can have an AFL style footy festival with shorter than week breaks. Add to the fact there's cricket as well, and people tend to lose interest if the AFL season has finished and clubs are still playing. Finals is 4 weeks of footy, it makes it tight to fit in for the year, if you want to play 4 more rounds. Youd think footy could resume in 2 weeks with no crowds. I personally don't see the point in playing with no crowds, for senior community sport, just imagine taking a Cody weightman style hanger and no one sees it

The majority of people work during the week, some travel to play, not sure how you can have an AFL style footy festival with shorter than week breaks. Add to the fact there's cricket as well, and people tend to lose interest if the AFL season has finished and clubs are still playing. Finals is 4 weeks of footy, it makes it tight to fit in for the year, if you want to play 4 more rounds. Youd think footy could resume in 2 weeks with no crowds. I personally don't see the point in playing with no crowds, for senior community sport, just imagine taking a Cody weightman style hanger and no one sees it
Never mentioned playing with shorter breaks between games. Play Round 1 Cricket or play in a Football Grand Final? I think Footy will be ok.

Never mentioned playing with shorter breaks between games. Play Round 1 Cricket or play in a Football Grand Final? I think Footy will be ok.
There is generally 26-27 weekends between the start of April till end of September . More than enough to get a season done in a normal year .

You've got a Lockdown crystal ball have you?
Not sure what having a crystal ball has to do with the discussion , particularly when I mentioned ‘a normal year ‘ .
You mentioned not getting in the habit of having 8-10 weeks seasons and also mentioned starting in mid March ending in mid October .
In essence your wanting the season to go over for a month longer . Aside from being generally a lot hotter it would also run into crop planting and hay making for the numerous farmers which make up community football / netball clubs .
Need to be flexible , want to wait for Melbourne players to be available , something else is going to be compromised . Some leagues have gone without waiting for metro players which has meant some sides haven’t been at full strength , but they will have had at least two more games by the restart following this lockdown .
it is merely a league by league choice .

There is generally 26-27 weekends between the start of April till end of September . More than enough to get a season done in a normal year .

Yep, if this is the way it’s going to be (Lockdown Life), future seasons should aim to start early April, play every possible weekend (no split rounds or general byes) in an effort to get all clubs to play each other. Then have the extra rounds scheduled if we can fit them in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so cricketers are lesser people than footballers.or cricket season is less important than footy?
Didn't say that give players the choice by all means. If they want to play Cricket instead of playing in a Football Grand Final I'm sure someone will take their spot.No different to when Cricketers make a decision to go to a Wedding or the Races instead of playing up to the individual but commonsense says guys would play finals Football.

Didn't say that give players the choice by all means. If they want to play Cricket instead of playing in a Football Grand Final I'm sure someone will take their spot.
Football/ netball leagues don’t need to and shouldn’t start a s**t fight with cricket , tennis or any other sport .
need to do everything possible to engage people , not make them choose between sports .

Football/ netball leagues don’t need to and shouldn’t start a sh*t fight with cricket , tennis or any other sport .
need to do everything possible to engage people , not make them choose between sports .
Local Cricket Clubs might need a reality check of the interest they generate ( not much) . Bigger Crowds at Football Practice Matches than Cricket Grand FinalsI think on a Football playing list these days only 10% to 20% of players max would play Cricket.

It’s not so much the cricket clubs you have to worry about , it’s more the time they need to prepare a wicket area for play which takes weeks and if the wickets are done by the councils good luck pushing anymore then it already has been .

Local Cricket Clubs might need a reality check of the interest they generate ( not much) . Bigger Crowds at Football Practice Matches than Cricket Grand FinalsI think on a Football playing list these days only 10% to 20% of players max would play Cricket.
A moot point 'Fly.

You are comparing apples with oranges. Most footballers who play cricket play for free. Most cricketers play for free.

Chance of games being played this weekend, no or minimal crowds. Could atleast allow us to get those two games in to allow 4 weeks to finish H&A after that.
“Under proposals being discussed on Sunday night, retail will reopen with the same density limits as hospitality venues. Outdoor community sports would also be given the go-ahead, with a maximum of 100 people”

Chance of games being played this weekend, no or minimal crowds. Could atleast allow us to get those two games in to allow 4 weeks to finish H&A after that.
“Under proposals being discussed on Sunday night, retail will reopen with the same density limits as hospitality venues. Outdoor community sports would also be given the go-ahead, with a maximum of 100 people”
100 people in a venue? Would push the boundaries of clubs. I believe our venues are the netty courts and footy grounds inclusive.

Would be looking at (from footy perspective) thirds playing then leaving before ressies can turn up and so on. Netball could probably play 2 grades At once.

100 people in a venue? Would push the boundaries of clubs. I believe our venues are the netty courts and footy grounds inclusive.

Would be looking at (from footy perspective) thirds playing then leaving before ressies can turn up and so on. Netball could probably play 2 grades At once.
Whatever needs to be done.
Get those two games out of the road with a bit of hit for those clubs unfortunately, and then see what the plans are for caps moving forward.
Questions will need to be asked, Do clubs want to leave it as a 4 week final series and play some games without crowds?
Or
Would clubs rather wait till we can have some crowds and therefore shorten the final series

Whatever needs to be done.
Get those two games out of the road with a bit of hit for those clubs unfortunately, and then see what the plans are for caps moving forward.
Questions will need to be asked, Do clubs want to leave it as a 4 week final series and play some games without crowds?
Or
Would clubs rather wait till we can have some crowds and therefore shorten the final series
Yeh if it’s what needs to be done then that’s fine. Will be up to a club vote with scenarios put forward no doubt.

Could also look at football on Saturday, netball Sunday, or something like that if it suited clubs.

Where was this quote from, Hank?

A moot point 'Fly.

You are comparing apples with oranges. Most footballers who play cricket play for free. Most cricketers play for free.
All I'm saying is if the Season needs to go into October this year and in years to come because we've copped lockdowns then so be it. There are grounds around that don't have Cricket played on them eg- Rumba in Shepp that would be suitable to host Finals/Grand Final. If it overlaps into the Cricket Season by a week or two remembering that only a few teams are still involved when you get deep in the finals as well then I'd rather do that then have a modified finals series or be awarding a flag to a side sitting on top without a Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back