Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The some teams playing 6 home games and others 7 bemuses me as well, surely keep it at even games, even if they dropped it down to 12 so its 6 and 6, extend finals, gives 2 extra clubs an opportunity to host, gives them 2 extra gates to assist anyone disadvantaged and every club is in the same boat in regards to home games
Yep, after me banging on about running a top 4(and playing everyone once), I tend to agree, Top8, finals weeks don’t change, everyone gets to their 12 games over 3 weeks, 4 games to qualify. As Sam Kekovich says, “you know it makes sense”, because I can tell you, everything that the executive has thrown up certainly doesn’t.

Agree with you Hank on why Gig aren’t playing at home in Rd16 instead of 14. I’m sure Nicho would agree.

Murch and Ardy could’ve played their game this weekend to get to 10, and where possible next weekend the home teams should be playing their 7th game. I have a feeling some teams playing next weekend at home are only playing their 5th.

Agree with you Hank on why Gig aren’t playing at home in Rd16 instead of 14. I’m sure Nicho would agree.

Murch and Ardy could’ve played their game this weekend to get to 10, and where possible next weekend the home teams should be playing their 7th game. I have a feeling some teams playing next weekend at home are only playing their 5th.
93AD8776-BB62-4629-BDAB-CC8F566D13DB.jpeg

The some teams playing 6 home games and others 7 bemuses me as well, surely keep it at even games, even if they dropped it down to 12 so its 6 and 6, extend finals, gives 2 extra clubs an opportunity to host, gives them 2 extra gates to assist anyone disadvantaged and every club is in the same boat in regards to home games
That looks like the best way forward. You’d think people with full time jobs could sort this out. I just can’t understand how they are happy with a team playing an extra game than everyone else. How does that work if a Nagambie player wins the league medal by a vote or two? Or position change on the ladder due to % Football and netball right through.

That looks like the best way forward. You’d think people with full time jobs could sort this out. I just can’t understand how they are happy with a team playing an extra game than everyone else. How does that work if a Nagambie player wins the league medal by a vote or two? Or position change on the ladder due to % Football and netball right through.
Yeah one team playing more is very odd I'd understand more if it was a few teams. Nightmare scenario if the medal is decided by that extra game, potential to happen in A Grade, Nagambie is 1 game inside the 6 currently and isn't a great deal of % above the 2 behind them

I could just see you giving Ardy the points if you were in the same position ,as for why, that can only be answered by the league, l wouldn’t like to be running a competition when you have COVID issues, because at the end of the day you won’t be able to please everyone.

I could just see you giving Ardy the points if you were in the same position ,as for why, that can only be answered by the league, l wouldn’t like to be running a competition when you have COVID issues, because at the end of the day you won’t be able to please everyone.
You got your lakers hat on or Common sense hat?
Why does it have to be the ardy game being played for no votes then? Wouldn’t it make sense for the last and 14th game? If they are being used as a scape goat then give them 4 points and let the rest play 13 games.

What happened at the big presidents meeting with the League tonight?
Are we still preparing for games this weekend or what? This is worse than amateur hour!

Neighbouring league making a smart, informed decision that has been met with positive feedback. 🤔View attachment 1194713
In fairness Hank it is not a one size fits all type scenario . There are varying number of clubs in the different leagues and a large amount of differing fixturing structures within leagues . Eg . Split rounds / clubs playing twice before playing sides once . Adding to that some leagues have cancelled matches during lockdowns to allow clubs social function calendars to remain unchanged others have just suspended rounds . Additionally some leagues are looking to get finished ASAP , others are waiting to start finals to try and cash in on crowd sizes being increased . Some have clubs in both NSW and Vic which has presented opportunity as well as challenges .
All this occurring whilst no one knows or gets much lead time on what is around the corner .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness Hank it is not a one size fits all type scenario . There are varying number of clubs in the different leagues and a large amount of differing fixturing structures within leagues . Eg . Split rounds / clubs playing twice before playing sides once . Adding to that some leagues have cancelled matches during lockdowns to allow clubs social function calendars to remain unchanged others have just suspended rounds . Additionally some leagues are looking to get finished ASAP , others are waiting to start finals to try and cash in on crowd sizes being increased . Some have clubs in both NSW and Vic which has presented opportunity as well as challenges .
All this occurring whilst no one knows or gets much lead time on what is around the corner .
Yep don’t envy the league decision makers, but just feel more dialogue was needed early on between all clubs to make decisions on the best way forward, then a zoom meeting with club concerns wouldn’t have been needed last night. As much as we are in an ever changing environment, we have had time on our side this time round, for qualification rules to still not be decided upon (I believe there will be a decision today) is not good enough IMO 👍🏼

Yep don’t envy the league decision makers, but just feel more dialogue was needed early on between all clubs to make decisions on the best way forward, then a zoom meeting with club concerns wouldn’t have been needed last night. As much as we are in an ever changing environment, we have had time on our side this time round, for qualification rules to still not be decided upon (I believe there will be a decision today) is not good enough IMO 👍🏼
Surely finals qualification should be on a case by case basis , rather than hard and fast rule due to the varying scenarios

Surely finals qualification should be on a case by case basis , rather than hard and fast rule due to the varying scenarios
Agree submissions should be allowed, rules still need to change.
Scenario -our seniors lose first week of finals, our reserves win, we would have Anthony Haysom, Danny Haysom, Jackson Hutton, Jamason Daniels, Tom Black, Mark Blake, Matt Waterson etc all eligible to play the next week in the reserves under the current rules. That is just plain wrong that that is an option to us. Covid or no covid, this rule should have been changed 15 years ago, even if they just added that you have to play atleast one reserves game (on top of the standard club qualifications) during the H&A season to be eligible to play finals, that would fix it all up.

Scenario -our seniors lose first week of finals, our reserves win, we would have Anthony Haysom, Danny Haysom, Jackson Hutton, Jamason Daniels, Tom Black, Mark Blake, Matt Waterson etc all eligible to play the next week in the reserves under the current rules. That is just plain wrong that that is an option to us. Covid or no covid, this rule should have been changed 15 years ago, even if they just added that you have to play atleast one reserves game (on top of the standard club qualifications) during the H&A season to be eligible to play finals, that would fix it all up.
What’s the system in the GV mate? I think they have to play 3 reserves games to be able to play?

1628047966037.png
If they have played 3 or more games in the seniors will need to play at least 3 reserves games to qualify for reserves finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back