Toast Lachie Fogarty - traded to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wells job is made easier when other clubs don't take a guy who do obviously should've gone way earlier. I haven't seen us draft a kid so obviously ready for afl and with such a well balanced skill set since Selwood. No wonder we thought he'd be well gone by our pick.

You can only draft who is there ... was there phantoms that had him earlier than 15 or so?

I think when you look at it now .. Kelly could easily have gone at 13 to WC and Foegity Swans at 14. Stk could have taken him earlier and Rich did well with their picks but he would fit their style. Starcevich at 18 is a questionable pick imo.. seems early ..and doesn't Starcevich coach the girls at Brisbane?

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 5.54.00 pm.png

Ben Long the rising star for this week.
Doesn't make too much sense really. Long had less disposals, tackles and same goals but higher efficiency. Fogarty very stiff to miss out. Not surprised Witherden didn't get it, didn't watch the Q-Clash but based on his 14 marks, most of his touches came from kicking around in defence

Fauxgerty will need 34 touches and 20 tackles to get a nomination at this point.
Particularly after 1 ok game. The rest of Long's performances have been less than uninspiring.

Very strange decision.

Particularly after 1 ok game. The rest of Long's performances have been less than uninspiring.

Very strange decision.

Long had a big impact late. He kicked that outrageous goal going around the man on the mark and I think he handballed to Steven to set him away down the wing for the last play. It's judged on the best player of the round so previous performances aren't supposed to count. Fogarty will get a nomination and right now would be in the top 5 but he hasn't had a single stand out game that you need to earn an early nomination.

You can only draft who is there ... was there phantoms that had him earlier than 15 or so?

I think when you look at it now .. Kelly could easily have gone at 13 to WC and Foegity Swans at 14. Stk could have taken him earlier and Rich did well with their picks but he would fit their style. Starcevich at 18 is a questionable pick imo.. seems early ..and doesn't Starcevich coach the girls at Brisbane?

View attachment 488064

At least a dozen of them have shown something so far. Not bad for a draft that everyone was falling over themselves to trade out of.

I was reminded again today of something this kid needs to be applauded for. Recall game 1 against Melbourne when GAJ kicked his first goal? Jordan (thug) Lewis ran in to give Gary a hit, and the young fella in his first AFL game, ran interference and pushed Lewis away. No stats for this, but tonnes of team spirit and respect!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fog damn unlucky not to get the nomination this week (as happy as I am that Long got it), the kid is a serious player. His dad was my old math teacher throughout high school, and my dad's teacher too haha - he's a legend of the Spotswood Football Club for anyone who's interested and has a wing there named after him, and Lachie's brother/Terry's son Michael is a gun footballer too who played a lot of footy at Spotty and had a stint with Footscray when they first became a standalone VFL side. The whole family are/were just guns, so it's no surprise to see Lachie doing so well. You've got a good one there.

So what the hell happened? Everyone was crowing about his return to the team this year. A great midfield talent on the rise. Now despite being contracted we have traded him for almost nothing. Why?
He would have continued to struggle to get a game.

I don't know much about Fog so just wanted to check and see the general sentiment at losing him. Lang and Smedts are still fresh in the mind and it seems like we've actually got a decent player this time?
He’s an upgrade on those two for sure.

I don't know much about Fog so just wanted to check and see the general sentiment at losing him. Lang and Smedts are still fresh in the mind and it seems like we've actually got a decent player this time?
Think he's a good get. Potential to be a B grader mid with opportunity. Below average as a flanker, C or D grade. Better than Kennedy and Dow for mine. Sad to see him go.

Keen to see Cripps play with better support. Hope Fogarty delivers.

Fire sale on Geelong first-round picks over the years. Cocky and Fog gone for a couple of bags of chips. In Cockatoo's case it was understandable. This guy really did look good in his first season and even this year looked to be coming along. Now he's gone for an... 8-pick second-round upgrade and a third-round pick we won't use. Not much of a draft for us with him and Kelly both gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back