Toast Lachie Fogarty - traded to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys aren't exactly giving me much confidence in Fogarty.
Take away is he is a mid not a forward.
Very much so

I think with his height of 180cm, people are associating that as more small forward like, but he's very much an inside midfielder if you want to see the best from him

To put a Carlton slant on it - a very very very very poor mans Marc Murphy

As others have said - his kicking is an issue - both technique and distance - and he isnt quick

The only glint of hope - when played in the midfield for a game or 2 this year - he has got quick hands - so he can get the ball out to someone - a bit like say Cunnington of NM ( no where near as good obviously ) - but that type of player - is his main chance to make it as an AFL player

Murphy is scared to tackle these days. I understand Fogarty likes to get amongst it in the pressure stakes.

Murphy is scared to tackle these days. I understand Fogarty likes to get amongst it in the pressure stakes.

Murphy was a class player - that is the only relevance to my post

I wish Fogarty all the best - hope he does well at Carlton

I know it was a different system - but when Carlton were a powerhouse - and the late Wes Lofts was in charge - there is no way known he would recruit a player like Fogarty

I know it was a different system - but when Carlton were a powerhouse - and the late Wes Lofts was in charge - there is no way known he would recruit a player like Fogarty

Lofts never had a draft and salary cap to work within.

Bought you flags though.

Not as much as you'd think. 1986 we added gun players from interstate before the cap came in and the remnants of them remained for 1995 but under the cap.

Hawthorn were the biggest benefactors of chequebook recruiting in the 80s.

Prior to that, we were mostly home grown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loves it. Elite tackler, was right through juniors. Inside defensive mid, you guys have done alright here. Definitely not a small forward.

Not the potential to be one of the mosquito fleet?

I'm sure they know that. Fogarty isn't that quick. Reckon he's seen as a depth player who they got at a bargain price.

I dont know what happened with Lang at Carlton

But at the time i was quite dissappointed at the time to lose Lang - i thought he had shown a fair bit - and he played exceptionally well the night when the Cats beat the Swans in that knockout final by 10 plus goals

But Lang didnt cut the mustard with the Blues - so it will be interesting how Fog goes - but i wish him well

I dont know what happened with Lang at Carlton

But at the time i was quite dissappointed at the time to lose Lang - i thought he had shown a fair bit - and he played exceptionally well the night when the Cats beat the Swans in that knockout final by 10 plus goals

But Lang didnt cut the mustard with the Blues - so it will be interesting how Fog goes - but i wish him well
Didn't have a good run with injuries. Thought he was just a goer.

Not sure Matthew Lloyd has seen Fogarty play

“I rate Fogarty. I think that he’s just been in a good side and it’s been hard to get a game,” Lloyd told AFL Trade Radio.

“I think he can really make an impact and probably challenges Eddie Betts in a sense.

“He can come in and put on that pressure, but he can also kick goals so I think it’s a nice little pickup for Carlton.”

He's kicked 6 goals in 23 games; so if he's going to challenge Betts then it suggests we may not get to see Fogarty at his best

Not sure Matthew Lloyd has seen Fogarty play

He's kicked 6 goals in 23 games; so if he's going to challenge Betts then it suggests we may not get to see Fogarty at his best

I think Lloyd has something to do with the under/18's or the private schools so maybe he's seen him play.
Or maybe he's just filling in airtime like 99.5% of trade week talk.

I think Lloyd has something to do with the under/18's or the private schools so maybe he's seen him play.
Or maybe he's just filling in airtime like 99.5% of trade week talk.
With no trades until at least 3pm it means a s**t load of air time to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back