Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

Welcome to Part II of the "GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists"

Seems somewhat fitting that as we head into our final game of season 2023, where no doubt our attention will be further turned re-signings, trades and the upcoming draft, that we start the second edition of this thread for the year

You all know the rules, so have at it

And yes, the last few pages of the previous thread have been moved to start this thread

I think there’s a fair bit of pressure on the AFL not to make him available as a Kangas NGA. Ridiculous decision if it went ahead.

We should be moving heaven and Earth to get him.
We can only hope so.

The kid can barely get through a VFL game at this stage and you think he can take over the ruck in the AFL next year? Think before you post.
He came off during last weeks VFL game getting bandaged up a couple of times. Once around his thigh and another time his left wrist. I wouldn't think his body would get through an AFL game but what would I know.

I’ve always considered Grundy to be highly overrated but I’d certainly take him if the $$ and trade options were favourable.

If we did get him though, what would that mean for Stanley? I’d be very reluctant to not offer him a contract, but IIRC he’s had to be convinced to play on in the past.

EDIT: Mitch Cleary on 7 just said that Stanley is very close to re-signing, so that’s that.

He was very close to coming to us last year. Was impressed with the club. If we are still interested I think there’s a very good chance he ends up with us.

See, this is the bloody problem with Collingwood never playing at KP. We can't impress their players with our facilities once a year. No wonder we get so few players from there! /s

The kid can barely get through a VFL game at this stage and you think he can take over the ruck in the AFL next year? Think before you post.
Absolutely I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never happens bc the risk of losing the deal if injury or down form is too great. FAs always sign long deals in their 8th year now. He will either sign with essendon for 5 or us for 5. I agree we shouldnt trade and if they match we walk. Hopefully sydney take mckay so ess dont match.

The guys who are RFA should all get the two year option.

You have both Rich and Adel winning this weekend? I have us finishing 12th for what it’s worth.

Yes Rich long shot but yes Port could could easily turn their toes up and it would not be a bad lose for Port

Melb win and Port lose...they play Pies at the G first week ..and if they win get a PF at home. Port beat Tigers... and play Bris in Brisb w1 of finals

Last edited:
English was so terrible as a 20yo that he was getting destroyed. Marshall was the same. Both are great now but werent then.

Grundy was the outlier who matched it with older rucks at 20 (it helped that he had a huge tank compared to most 20yo rucks). But thats not the norm.

If you are expecting that from conway you will be disappointed

Is he more like a Darcy or more like English. Who knows. This week might give us a hint.

I agree we can not setup to ask Conway to ruck every game every minute... Im all for trying to play him ..we have Blitz, we have Neale and we have sam Dek.

I’d look at trading our first (7 or 8) plus X for GC’s pick 4. That should secure him.

Why would GC do that deal? It will only get eaten up by Walter.

The only way I could see us getting close to GC pick is if we use our Fr1 ..and maybe throw in pick for points this year if they want it.

Just because the club thinks they are still in the window, doesn't mean they will top up with 30 year olds. O Henry, Bruhn and Bowes were all inclusions that helped short and long term. I'd be happy with Smith and even Parish but would be a flat no on Grundy.

My main issue with Grundy is he will not be a good match to Conway imo. He will be very focused on not having another #1 ruck on the list he goes to.

Age and with two other clubs paying for him.. and at R2 /R3 pick ..it will look good till we want to get game time into Conway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back