Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

Stealing a bit from Daz...

We're the 2022 Premiers...

We bought in 3 fresh faces & pick #7 during the trade period...

Life is good down the Cattery and KP way.....

And now we turn our focus to next weeks draft...

PT 3 is in play rolled over from Pt 2 which was rolled over from P1

Have at it

wow is this a new record ...into Pt3 ...

I've had a crazy past week or so at work and didn't realise how far it had jumped ahead until staring at the page numbers tonight - it does feel that this is the biggest trade & draft discussion we've had for a while

There was an article in the other thread about west coast .... Is it true West Coast is looking to trade ... earlier into the draft? I presume they would offer 12 and something to get to the wa kid the want ?
The paperwork for the splitting of picks was part of the four-club trade focused on Horne-Francis that also involved Rioli (October 10) while Allan had blitzed the combine the day before. Given the four-party trade would have been a while in the making, makes you wonder if the Eagles have been caught out a little with Ginbey and Allan both floating upwards ...

Still think we’d preference Clark over Tsatas.
My head will blow up Jason Dunstall style if we take Clark over Tsatas.

Tsatas is a perfect blend of inside/outside and looks ideal for the modern running game.

The way Tsatas moves from congestion to the outside with the ball is something Clark will never do (most can't do it).

Clark will bang in harder for sure... But that's about it.

Tsatas every day of the week... If Clark was from anywhere but Geelong this wouldn't be a conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tsatas is a perfect blend of inside/outside and looks ideal for the modern running game.

The way Tsatas moves from congestion to the outside with the ball is something Clark will never do (most can't do it).

Tsatas every day of the week... If Clark was from anywhere but Geelong this wouldn't be a conversation.

Don’t honestly think it’s worth melting over. Tsatas is a talent but has deficiencies in his game. Probably has the higher ceiling but I’d say also has the lower floor too.

Tsatsas will head to The Hanger, Clark to Arctic Park.

Top line stats.
In part 2 these people contributed 27% of all posts.
Let’s see how part 3 goes. rolls eyes

Turbo
Po
Shadow
Bridge
Year of the cat.

Haha, I'm trying to see whether you're framing this as a good or bad thing?

We get it, you don't like Clark and don't rate him. Others do. Not really constructive to keep posting how much you don't rate him over and over again though with the same complaints. Tsatas doesn't have any defensive side to his game and can't hit the side of a barn door either, for all his good traits...so there's flaws with every player - even Ashcroft doesn't have height or size to go with all his other amazing traits.

We all have different opinions, but I don't think it's worth getting upset over if Wells and Mack and co. rate a player more than any of us nobodies on here - whoever that may be.

Don’t honestly think it’s worth melting over. Tsatas is a talent but has deficiencies in his game. Probably has the higher ceiling but I’d say also has the lower floor too.
Holmes on one wing, Tsatas on the other... That's a wicked running combo. Duncan & Smith won't be around much longer.

We already got Bruhn in to play a similar role to what Clark does + Bowes looks set to be played as an inside mid.

Anyway, maybe we don't even get a sniff at Tsatas. I'm also down to take Ed Allan over Clark.

I'm just not a Clark lover... I watched 2 national game replays this week and eyed him like a hawk... Not overly impressed besides his toughness in tight.

I feel the modern game needs alot more than that these days.

Time will tell. Bring on the draft. It's taking forever.

Holmes on one wing, Tsatas on the other... That's a wicked running combo. Duncan & Smith won't be around much longer.

We already got Bruhn in to play a similar role to what Clark does + Bowes looks set to be played as an inside mid.

Anyway, maybe we don't even get a sniff at Tsatas. I'm also down to take Ed Allan over Clark.

I'm just not a Clark lover... I watched 2 national game replays this week and eyed him like a hawk... Not overly impressed besides his toughness in tight.

I feel the modern game needs alot more than that these days.

Time will tell.

The danger of overcommitting pre-draft, could be an awkward next 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back