Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

Sydney cleaned up getting Grundy and Adams. Exactly what we needed a ruck and inside mid.
Sydney are my early tip for the flag.
I get that "Mack" is new to the media role but his 8-minute interview on our website and that interview have been unimpressive in my view. You always felt confident SW was on top of things.
I thought the opposite.
I don't think we are targeting Sanders. Why hint and show your hand - there must be someone else they are targeting
When have we said we're targeting Sanders?

We won’t but if we were to hold our picks then I’d go something like this -

8 - Sanders or Curtin (reckon there’s a 50% chance one will fall). If both gone next best for me is O’Sullivan.

25 - Hastie - he’ll land around here in the draft.

76 - Philactides - well regarded as a bottom aged player last year. Gone off the radar a bit this year but will make a useful small defender imo.

87 - George Stevens - reckon there’s a chance he goes undrafted. Happy to roll the dice on him this late in the draft if we don’t take Sanders earlier.
I'm similar but Stevens will be gone before then. As long as we get Hastie or Lual I'm happy.
Port will definitely dump hayes and lycett so i wouldnt be surprised if we signed one for ruck cover much as id like a better ruck-D grade cover is better than no cover. So good point.
How Come you're avoiding my question?

There never was a mystery mid. I don’t know who it was but someone on here just made it up unfortunately and rolled with it.
That was Ian Pelham.

You can just upgrade rookies - don't need to use draft picks to do so
So do you think we use those last two picks? Which will be in the 60s I suppose by the time everyone passes.

I wonder whether we do get rookies or late draft. They only difference is a 1 year vs 2 year contract?

So do you think we use those last two picks? Which will be in the 60s I suppose by the time everyone passes.

I wonder whether we do get rookies or late draft. They only difference is a 1 year vs 2 year contract?
They'll be earlier.

Yeah because 25 right at the start of trade period wasn't enough so Mackie wanted draft picks equalling zero draft points to get it done but it was all Ports fault!!! 😂
You picked up 4 potatoes and used 2 years of draft picks. You'll be OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a contracted player worth more than what we got. You got overs right off the bat with 25.

Cool story

Time to run on - unless you've got some butter chicken to share...

I admittedly haven't watched Mackie and am basing it on what others have said in this thread
We're too smart to give away trade targets in the media. I've heard others say it but I'm yet to see a direct quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back