Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

I think Dempsey will get promoted and we'll sign a delisted FA ... probably Hayes or Lycett.

We'll take 4 picks to the draft.

Port will definitely dump hayes and lycett so i wouldnt be surprised if we signed one for ruck cover much as id like a better ruck-D grade cover is better than no cover. So good point.

Maybe Mackie is planning on trading out of this draft and into 24 draft. Maybe that's why he wanted the later picks?
He's just making the best of a bad situation.

The picks aren't worth anything, and even if we did trade them out we'd just get a pick at the end of the draft as a replacement, which would end up being 1 spot later in reality.

The Dutch guy we had in the VFL will now surely be looked at. Was thinking more as a rookie though than in the main draft.

Van de heuvel? Yeah look he would be essentially a straight swap for the kpd depth spot we have vacant now sav is gone (same age too) and obviously we know the family and they know us. Wouldnt surprise me if the other pick was mannagh he would be fairly p n p for us. Chalcraft deserves a rookie spot purely for consistency (like atkins did) but i doubt he gets it.

My mail is the delays were caused by Port and Port alone.
We were open to get it moving, Port wouldn't get back to us...
Watching Mack on Trade Radio there only backs it up as well

Port are s**t to deal with and it's not a coincidence that all their deals are taking till the last day

Love to target their players at trade time next year..will be fun.

It's a win for Port.
Sav is better than he is portrayed here, but he is now where he wants to be, and we need to develop DeK to his absolute potential, and rely on Kolo as the other KB.
Cooper Trembath please
I agree Sav is better than most on here rate him. Can't blame him for going. $700k a year for 5 years plus probably guaranteed games. Who could blame him. Would have got $400-500k for 2 years with us you suspect and not in best 22 if everyone is fit and in form.

We won’t but if we were to hold our picks then I’d go something like this -

8 - Sanders or Curtin (reckon there’s a 50% chance one will fall). If both gone next best for me is O’Sullivan.

25 - Hastie - he’ll land around here in the draft.

76 - Philactides - well regarded as a bottom aged player last year. Gone off the radar a bit this year but will make a useful small defender imo.

87 - George Stevens - reckon there’s a chance he goes undrafted. Happy to roll the dice on him this late in the draft if we don’t take Sanders earlier.

Sanders if hes there. If hes not id trade back for 2 picks depending on the offer.

Clay Hall or demattia for me as mid range mids.

Then a depth kpd and mannagh at the back end.
Do like stevens though.

Van de heuvel? Yeah look he would be essentially a straight swap for the kpd depth spot we have vacant now sav is gone (same age too) and obviously we know the family and they know us. Wouldnt surprise me if the other pick was mannagh he would be fairly p n p for us. Chalcraft deserves a rookie spot purely for consistency (like atkins did) but i doubt he gets it.

That’s him. We clearly need a mature bodied KPD now that Ratagolea is gone.

Chalcraft is a very good VFL player. I think that’s his ceiling. I’d go elsewhere.

My mail is the delays were caused by Port and Port alone.
We were open to get it moving, Port wouldn't get back to us...
Watching Mack on Trade Radio there only backs it up as well

Port are s**t to deal with and it's not a coincidence that all their deals are taking till the last day
Yeah because 25 right at the start of trade period wasn't enough so Mackie wanted draft picks equalling zero draft points to get it done but it was all Ports fault!!! 😂

i think we might use those late picks to upgrade rookies, then look to the rookie draft. Mackie has stated on several occasions we have been studying players at the back end of the draft.
You can just upgrade rookies - don't need to use draft picks to do so

That’s him. We clearly need a mature bodied KPD now that Ratagolea is gone.

Chalcraft is a very good VFL player. I think that’s his ceiling. I’d go elsewhere.

Yeah i think bailey would be good and i agree we need a depth kpd given henry injured. Him or ethan phillips id like.

I agree on chalcraft although i thought the same about atkins 5-6 years ago and we do like to reward our vfl leaders with rookie list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanders if hes there. If hes not id trade back for 2 picks depending on the offer.

Clay Hall or demattia for me as mid range mids.

Then a depth kpd and mannagh at the back end.
Do like stevens though.

Heard DeMattia interviewed and he was very impressive. Well advanced leadership qualities. Articulate. Just wonder as with Hall whether they have the scope to be quality AFL players?

Yeah because 25 right at the start of trade period wasn't enough so Mackie wanted draft picks equalling zero draft points to get it done but it was all Ports fault!!! 😂
Your club just haggled the entire period to get some 4th rounders thrown in with the BZT and Duursma deal. You forfeited your right to take the moral high ground.

Agree with this 100%
Mannagh in particular would be interesting.
We know what Heuvel is capable of.

When is the mystery mid trade happening? And where is our replacement ruck for Stanley..

Conway - already on our list

But you knew that and just like going on fishing expeditions...

Port copying us by haggling for 70s picks lol.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back