Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Well... we've done it again.

PT 3 of Drafting and Trading for the year.

Congrats GFC Board.... we can crap on with the best of them.....

20k posts on this alone and still going.

GO Catters

For those suggesting we’d give up 8 & 25 for North’s 17 & 18, after bids that will be 10 & 29 for 22 & 23. I’d hope there’s no way we’d do that.

Haven't we already knocked back two of those late picks for 8 alone?

Mackies comments indicate to me we are contemplating a trade of some sort whether its for 15,17,18 or something else is unknown

Mackies comments indicate to me we are contemplating a trade of some sort whether its for 15,17,18 or something else is unknown

Was hard to ascertain whether he was wanting to trade up or down from his comments.

Was hard to ascertain whether he was wanting to trade up or down from his comments.

He was deliberately obscure... but I cant see what 25 would do in helping us move up. I guess we see.

Would we give up 8 and 25 ... for 7?

Do we trade 8 to someone who wants Reid for picks in 2024 ..and 25 then is traded into the 30's ... 25 for 31 and 35 (for eg.)

He's not gonna tell everyone his gameplan, he's just saying he's open to it so that teams actually make offers and hopefully overpay.

I'm open to getting Christian Petracca, Bont and Charlie Curnow...doesn't mean it's gonna happen lol

He was deliberately obscure... but I cant see what 25 would do in helping us move up. I guess we see.

Do we trade 8 to someone who wants Reid for picks in 2024 ..and 25 then is traded into the 30's ... 25 for 31 and 35 (for eg.)

Why would we trade up just one spot? If GWS was after the same player they wouldn’t trade with us anyway.

I think if we trade up it could only really be with Melbourne. Can’t see any other suitors. Seems unlikely though as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allegedly, though I suspect the conversation would've been more like "let's wait until draft night."

For those suggesting we’d give up 8 & 25 for North’s 17 & 18, after bids that will be 10 & 29 for 22 & 23. I’d hope there’s no way we’d do that.
Nah I thinks it’s 3 for 2.
Or just pick 8 for 15 & 17.
FWIW Going in with 15, 17 & 18 is better then 8 & 25 IMO.
I have a gut feel that the crows are balls deep into O’Sullivan if so we could fleece them badly..
🤷‍♂️ did someone say 10-14-20 for 8 & 25 ??😂😂😂
Here’s to optimism!! Can’t wait for draft day.

Your comment goes to show we have a ton of options. We also have all of our 2024 picks.

If that was the case who are we taking? All of the elite part of the class would be gone as 10 will go back to about 12/13
There is only one elite.
H. Reid
Then there is Walter Sanders and McKercher.
The next 20 odd are the same just a different shade.
Plenty to be had in the 11-25 range.
Tholstrup Leake Wilson DeMattia Sanchez Stevens just to name a few…

PS Walter Reid Rogers Croft McCabe do not count as they are not available.

Last edited:
If a player someone is very very keen on is available at when our first pick is up then yeah I could see us getting a stack for it.

O'Sullivan could be worth a stack from North.... all 3x late first would not be out of the question imo, or maybe we could also get a future in a deal to help us with next year's dealings.

For a while it has looked like anything can happen and nothing has changed.

We can sit tight and take the best player.
We can try to trade up for a target if that's what we think we need to do.
We can split for the best offer.

I will say that if we are going to be offered a bunch for our pick on draft night then you can bet that the Dee and GWS are also being offered at least the same thing (maybe more) so we will need to hope that for whatever reason those teams knocked back the deal and it is available to us.

So much will depend on what teams want what players and how bad they want them.

I can see big offers if Sanders/OS/Watson are available... not so sure about Caddy/Wilson.

Why would we trade up just one spot? If GWS was after the same player they wouldn’t trade with us anyway.

I think if we trade up it could only really be with Melbourne. Can’t see any other suitors. Seems unlikely though as well.
Who knows ..I cant see us moving up much for P25 What does GWS or Melb want P8 for?

Reading through the draft rumours you can see why Mackie is so happy with our pick 8. It is the last pick of that top crop of - Reid, Duursma, Curtin, McKercher, Watson, Sanders, Caddy and O'Sullivan:

1697667987423.png

Where Curtin lands will determine the rest of the top 8. If North pass then he could easily slide as far as GWS or us.

After that you can throw a blanket over the next 10-12:

Darcy Wilson, Ollie Murphy, James Leake, Caleb Windsor, Lance Collard, Koltyn Tholstrup, Arie Schoenmaker, Riley Hardeman, Archer Reid, Koen Sanchez, Will Green, Charlie Edwards, George Stevens.

Expect Essendon and Adelaide to come hard for our first pick. Or Hawks/North to help them get pick 1 for Reid. I can also see Mackie trying to trade up to pick 5/6 to try to get Sanders.

Who knows ..I cant see us moving up much for P25 What does GWS or Melb want P8 for?

Would only be if they were prepared to trade down knowing the player they wanted would still be there with our pick. Somehow i think that aside from North trading up for pick 1, we won’t see too much movement otherwise in the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back