Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

I expected us to turn it around this season and make finals, and even shake things up there if so. It didn't happen. It's pretty easy to get over.
I was of the realisation that this season was over 3 weeks ago. Injuries and old age caught up with us in the end.

Danger is just about cooked. I'm not sure he has the desire anymore and his body is quickly deteriorating.

We're not adding Smith, Parish or Grundy.

Let's just focus on developing Knevitt (as an inside mid) Bruhn, Clark, Conway, etc plus whoever we select with pick 8 and let them build together until we get a couple of decent key forwards to go again in 5 years.

Yep...that should be one of the priorities facing the Cat hierarchy during this off season. No argument.

If one of the three you mention in your first sentence were on the table though, it would be foolish to discard any thought of taking them on board if the price was right.

I think Parish is a pretty good player.

We've got Stanley.

Why recruit a player that knocked us back last year?

Plus the dickhead had a man-bun for most of his career so that should be a sign there.
You might be a patron at his metro style cafe in Gtown next year. Don't call the coffee maker a dickhead, because you might not know what you're drinking lol

We need at least a ruckman or a midfielder. Ideally both but just one wouldn't be a disaster.

If we get a midfielder for instance it means Blicavs can ruck more and be a genuine full time option if there's an injury. If instead we get a ruckman then Blicavs can focus on midfield duties with a the return of Guthrie and the blooding of Clark to aid him.

We definitely can't afford to neglect both positions.

Yep...that should be one of the priorities facing the Cat hierarchy during this off season. No argument.

If one of the three you mention in your first sentence were on the table though, it would be foolish to discard any thought of taking them on board if the price was right.

He's OK but I worry about his decision making, his disposal and the cost. If McKay goes to Essendon as a FA then Parish will cost far too much than what He's worth.

You might be a patron at his metro style cafe in Gtown next year. Don't call the coffee maker a dickhead, because you might not know what you're drinking lol
Lucky I rarely frequent Geelong then.

I was of the realisation that this season was over 3 weeks ago. Injuries and old age caught up with us in the end.

Danger is just about cooked. I'm not sure he has the desire anymore and his body is quickly deteriorating.
That's the whole thing though, it really doesn't matter as a supporter if you do or don't know how far your side can go. We all make brilliant and terrible predictions.

Keeping an eye on the future while addressing primary short term issues is the balanced approach I approve of with this squad.

Dangerfield suffered from the point where his ribs broke and lung collapsed first game back. He and Cameron shouldn't have been playing. Both were in our top 3 for number of times receiving coaches votes - mostly collected when injury free. If we followed the cooked commentary we'd have delisted all of our late 20s/over 30s three years ago.

I say it every post: we don't need another f-g ruck, especially not Grundy who is tarnished goods, and maybe a young project ruck we can get cheap. We won a flag with often bagged Stanley. Conway is much closer than people think.

Use our pick 8 -ish and get it right for once (Clark aside who looked great in his few minutes of AFL), and try for a Dylan Stephens or similar - Parish or Smith if possible but i think that's unlikely.

Fair, and sorry I was a bit over sarcastic before.

That said, the rumour mill on these things is usually pretty good, especially this close to the end of the year.
Usually I get good info and I'll stand by what I heard about TDK in that he made a verbal agreement.

I've heard nothing about Parish, Smith or Grundy. Its not to say it won't happen because I was told about Bowes later than this ... its crickets atm.

I'd be loathe to give pick 7/8 for either, especially with George Stevens and 1 or two others who I think are more viable long term players.

That's merely my opinion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've already got someone on the list who'll be a hell of a lot better.

While we're in rebuild mode it makes no sense to sign Grundy at the expense of Conway's development.

We're at least 5 years off contending again. ..

If we can get our heads around that .. then we can structure our add ins to be at or coming into their best in that 27-29 period.

Last edited:
Usually I get good info and I'll stand by what I heard about TDK in that he made a verbal agreement.

I've heard nothing about Parish, Smith or Grundy. Its not to say it won't happen because I was told about Bowes later than this ... its crickets atm.

I'd be loathe to give pick 7/8 for either, especially with George Stevens and 1 or two others who I think are more viable long term players.

Smartest thing Parish could do IMO is sign for one year and go as an unrestricted agent.

Agree that we would be insane to part with this or next year’s first for him.

That's the whole thing though, it really doesn't matter as a supporter if you do or don't know how far your side can go. We all make brilliant and terrible predictions.

Keeping an eye on the future while addressing primary short term issues is the balanced approach I approve of with this squad.

Dangerfield suffered from the point where his ribs broke and lung collapsed first game back. He and Cameron shouldn't have been playing. Both were in our top 3 for number of times receiving coaches votes - mostly collected when injury free. If we followed the cooked commentary we'd have delisted all of our late 20s/over 30s three years ago.
That's fair enough but even before the injury Dangerfield just couldn't go for more than two quarters. He probably played 3 really good games before then.

He plays a style of game where the end comes relatively quickly.

List management never sleeps .

Who knows who's talking to who.
Who might want out .
Etc,etc,etc.

Smartest thing Parish could do IMO is sign for one year and go as an unrestricted agent.

Agree that we would be insane to part with this or next year’s first for him.

Never happens bc the risk of losing the deal if injury or down form is too great. FAs always sign long deals in their 8th year now. He will either sign with essendon for 5 or us for 5. I agree we shouldnt trade and if they match we walk. Hopefully sydney take mckay so ess dont match.

List management never sleeps .

Who knows who's talking to who.
Who might want out .
Etc,etc,etc.
Unless they're good decision makers and users of the ball then forget it.

Never happens bc the risk of losing the deal if injury or down form is too great. FAs always sign long deals in their 8th year now. He will either sign with essendon for 5 or us for 5. I agree we shouldnt trade and if they match we walk. Hopefully sydney take mckay so ess dont match.
I smell a Veale Deal lol…

Id agree with that ..as long as its ...the right price. I suspect that might differ person to person. What the price you would pay for those three that would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back