News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aging midfield? Beams started the tear off terribly and missed a couple of games. Zorko was good but his influence was nullified in a few games. I’m struggling to see how we have a aging midfield. After Beams and Zorko, the rest are quite young bar Robinson who far from spend majority of his time of the ball.

Your starting mids (as named in the future post) - Stef, Beams, Zorko and Robinson are going to be 32, 29, 30, 30 next year. Beams played 21 games so did quite well to miss a couple of games. Zorko being nullified shows that a soon to be 30y.o is still an integral cog in your team.

I'll concede that Robinson might not be playing as much a part in your mids as I thought.

So we keep Lauchie, draft Lobb, Conca, Kelly and McGovern. No picks 2018, no picks 2019.???

Prefer pick 4 and something plus 5 and trade pics to gain Smith/ Rozee or Rankin, Hill, Hately,Clark, Bailey Williams

Your starting mids (as named in the future post) - Stef, Beams, Zorko and Robinson are going to be 32, 29, 30, 30 next year. Beams played 21 games so did quite well to miss a couple of games. Zorko being nullified shows that a soon to be 30y.o is still an integral cog in your team.

I'll concede that Robinson might not be playing as much a part in your mids as I thought.

We’ve got replacements for Stef developing nicely. He wouldn’t be as big a loss on field as most would think. Beams and Zorko do a lot of the work, granted. The youngsters kept us in games without a doubt too. Berry, McCluggage, Cutler, Taylor, Mathieson, Rayner etc etc. Ageing isn’t the term I’d be using.

I'd love to see them there but until they can start kicking scores, I don't see it. Unless they can snare an in form KPF or Brennan Cox comes on huge in the next couple years.

The other thing I dont see coming through is real elite talent or potential. Fyfe has it, Walters arguably has it, Mundy still has a bit of it, Cerra I think has it, and I really hope Sean Darcy has it. I like to think I'm pretty objective when I want to be, but I see it everywhere on our list - Andrews, Hipwood, Luggage, Rayner, Beams, Zorko, Witherden and Berry. A lot of it is obviously on the potential side of things for now though which is why we're still a 5 win team.

If Freo make it back to finals in a few years, I'm not sure they'll be genuine contenders, more just first round fodder. I know I'm putting you guys down on your board but I'm nearly as frustrated as you guys at the way they're playing I promise.

Gee, you don’t sound biased at all. Who would have thunk we played with more youth and comfortably won more games this year?

Oh but wait, your percentage was awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see them there but until they can start kicking scores, I don't see it. Unless they can snare an in form KPF or Brennan Cox comes on huge in the next couple years.

The other thing I dont see coming through is real elite talent or potential. Fyfe has it, Walters arguably has it, Mundy still has a bit of it, Cerra I think has it, and I really hope Sean Darcy has it. I like to think I'm pretty objective when I want to be, but I see it everywhere on our list - Andrews, Hipwood, Luggage, Rayner, Beams, Zorko, Witherden and Berry. A lot of it is obviously on the potential side of things for now though which is why we're still a 5 win team.

If Freo make it back to finals in a few years, I'm not sure they'll be genuine contenders, more just first round fodder. I know I'm putting you guys down on your board but I'm nearly as frustrated as you guys at the way they're playing I promise.
Your analysis is s**t mate. Sorry.

We’ve got replacements for Stef developing nicely. He wouldn’t be as big a loss on field as most would think. Beams and Zorko do a lot of the work, granted. The youngsters kept us in games without a doubt too. Berry, McCluggage, Cutler, Taylor, Mathieson, Rayner etc etc. Ageing isn’t the term I’d be using.

Stef Martin averaged very similar numbers to Brodie Grundy this season. Very, very similar numbers.

It's just the contested marks that he had over Martin.

He is a massive part of Brisbane's competitiveness.

Lot of people talking up Fagan after the show with Neroli Meadows tonite.
Maybe Fagan has won over Lachie, and Lachie wants to play for a bloke that is not enamoured to controversy ?

Did you realise the hill brothers and fyfe played a total of 1 game together this year? And that we averaged 100 pts before Taberner went down? I can see rapid improvement if we have some luck with injury. Don't believe all the media bs you read.

Lot of people talking up Fagan after the show with Neroli Meadows tonite.
Maybe Fagan has won over Lachie, and Lachie wants to play for a bloke that is not enamoured to controversy ?

Fagan genuinely seems to be a top bloke and our players love him. Just has a calmness that allows him to deliver any message, good or not, in a way the players can accept and take on board.

I’ve had one boss like that and it makes going to work something to look forward too. Could definitely see playing under Fagan as a reason to want to play at the lions. Worked for Hodge.

You wouldn't be pushing for Neale if you didn't think you had an aging midfield and the youngsters could carry the load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ottens and Mooney both came from other clubs, like O'Meara did.

It seemed like you were alluding to these players “returning” home to Victoria. Which would be wrong.

You’re right though, they did come to Geelong from other clubs. Like Bennell, McCarthy, Hill, Wilson, Kersten, Matera, Hamling and Pearce are at Freo via other clubs.

go_the_dockers said:
Come back to me when 60 percent of your list is not from your home state.

More than half of our 2018 list is not from Victoria. But sure, I'll get back to you when we replace 4 (edit: 3) of our VIC players with interstate players, that'll be the difference.

Edit: and just for the sake of being accurate, Freo have 58% of their list from outside WA. 26 players compared to Geelong's 23.

Last edited:
It seemed like you were alluding to these players “returning” home to Victoria. Which would be wrong.

You’re right though, they did come to Geelong from other clubs. Like Bennell, McCarthy, Hill, Wilson, Kersten, Matera, Hamling and Pearce are at Freo via other clubs.
And none of them are Victorian. It is almost impossible for a WA club to recruit an established Vic player. Not 1 Victorian who previously played in Victoria has ever played 100 games for a WA club only 5 have played 50, Wills (inaugural squad massively overpaid), Simmonds ( three season went back to Vic), Tarrant ( same but 4 seasons), Solomon and Dawson (who came with coaches). The Eagles have never had established Vic recruit play 50 games.

Free agancy and trading for WA clubs is limited to returning WA boys with an occassional SA boy (Pearce and Redden) wanting a change. And half the WA boys Ryder, Franklin, O'Meara don't want to return anyway.

Ross said it in his final press conference for the year, Victorians have no idea how hard it is to trade when you are in WA.

And none of them are Victorian. It is almost impossible for a WA club to recruit an established Vic player. Not 1 Victorian who previously played in Victoria has ever played 100 games for a WA club only 5 have played 50, Wills (inaugural squad massively overpaid), Simmonds ( three season went back to Vic), Tarrant ( same but 4 seasons), Solomon and Dawson (who came with coaches). The Eagles have never had established Vic recruit play 50 games.

Free agancy and trading for WA clubs is limited to returning WA boys with an occassional SA boy (Pearce and Redden) wanting a change. And half the WA boys Ryder, Franklin, O'Meara don't want to return anyway.

Ross said it in his final press conference for the year, Victorians have no idea how hard it is to trade when you are in WA.

No doubt it presents additional challenges. Are there many established WA players who previously played in WA that went on to play 100 games at an interstate club? I'm expecting there must be some, given it's not limited to 2 clubs but I'd be interested to see just how many there are.

Where in my post does it say Brisbane didnt approach him in the past.

Lachie and his manager contacted Brisbane this year in regards to requesting a trade to the Lions.

The interest previously was one sided, Lions moved on, now Lachie has made them aware he is very much open to a move.

Answer me this, why would I come onto your board to sprout lies!? I am not invested in neither club or player. I couldnt care less where he plays, simply passing on information from within the 4 walls of the club that believes they have him 100%

Take it or leave it.
Yeah, Ill leave it. Considering his manager has also said Brisbane approached Lachie the last time as well Im calling utter bullshit you are in the know. Plenty of opposition posters come here for the sole purpose of annoying freo supporters with rubbish and inuendo. Its called trolling, a practice I dont even remotely get the motivation behind. Im actually in the middle ground with whether Id be ok for Lachie to leave provided we get a terrific trade for him if he does go, but your posts (unknown identifty) remind me of the Saint supporter who repeated many times that he had overheard a meeting with Fyfe and StKilda reps where Fyfe said he was definitely joining StKilda, even though at the time the poster said the meeting happened Nat had posted on instagram that he was in America. The reality is 99% of posters who say they are in the know in regard to prospective trades on bf are just making stuff up. Why on earth would a representative from a club trying to trade for a player provide information to those outside the inner circle of the football department? If the trade doesnt happen the person 'providing' the information would look cocky and make it look like the club in question made a mistake if a player described by the source as certain to join a new club doesnt end up seeking a trade. Makes zero sense.

Last edited:
Stef Martin averaged very similar numbers to Brodie Grundy this season. Very, very similar numbers.

It's just the contested marks that he had over Martin.

He is a massive part of Brisbane's competitiveness.
You wouldn't be pushing for Neale if you didn't think you had an aging midfield and the youngsters could carry the load.

Neale fits our age demographic perfectly and we don’t have many players in his age bracket due to the Go Home 5. We’re after Neal because he is A Grade and fills a big need in contested ball winning.

Yeah, Ill leave it. Considering his manager has also said Brisbane approached Lachie the last time as well Im calling utter bullshit you are in the know. Plenty of opposition posters come here for the sole purpose of annoying freo supporters with rubbish and inuendo. Its called trolling, a practice I dont even remotely get the motivation behind. Im actually in the middle ground with whether Id be ok for Lachie to leave provided we get a terrific trade for him if he does go, but your posts (unknown identifty) remind me of the Saint supporter who repeated many times that he had overheard a meeting with Fyfe and StKilda reps where Fyfe said he was definitely joining StKilda, even though at the time the poster said the meeting happened Nat had posted on instagram that he was in America. The reality is 99% of posters who say they are in the know in regard to prospective trades on bf are just making stuff up. Why on earth would a representative from a club trying to trade for a player provide information to those outside the inner circle of the football department? If the trade doesnt happen the person 'providing' the information would look cocky and make it look like the club in question made a mistake if a player described by the source as certain to join a new club doesnt end up seeking a trade. Makes zero sense.

Wow, you really put alot of thought into that.

And why on earth would they give me that information, because I'm very close with said source and known them for many years.

Not sure why i need to justify myself to you, all i did was post information that i know to be factual.

Since you had the time to write that novel you should have no problem going through my posting history and see that I dont "troll" opposition posters, not my style.. why after 14,000 posts I would start trolling Fremantle supporters is a head scratcher. I'll leave that with you Sheriff.

He will leave, you will be well compensated and the world will keep spinning!

Oh and P.S if i ever have any information passed onto me regarding any of your players i will be sure to keep it to myself.

Last edited:
Whack

And why on earth would they give me that information, because I'm very close with said source and known them for many years.

Not sure why i need to justify myself to you, all i did was post information that i know to be factual.

Since you had the time to write that novel you should have no problem going through my posting history and see that I dont "troll" opposition posters, not my style.. why after 14,000 posts I would start trolling Fremantle supporters is a head scratcher. I'll leave that with you Sheriff.

Oh and P.S if i ever have any information passed onto me regarding any of your players i will be sure to keep it to myself.
I like the bits of information you give.

Sounds like rubbish to me.

Sounds like rubbish to me.

conup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back