News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm just wondering if when he chooses to stay, the people who suggest that him 'wanting out' is proof of issues at the club will admit that the corollary to that is that choosing to stay suggests there are no issues at the club
No. I know what you're suggesting and agree with you. I was being sarcastic.

What happens when Neale doesn't leave?

Win win. If he leaves and the club holds its nerve and gets the mother of a deal the 4 top 5 picks and the Logue pick + the early 2nd round pick 22 and a future 1st round pick could set us up for years. I know I,m in the minority but I rate top 5 picks and I think the pain of losing Lach will be more than compensated by the quality coming in. Its an opportunity that a club like the Hawks would not hesitate, the Weller deal showed what can be accomplished when we grow a pair of nuggets.

Win win. If he leaves and the club holds its nerve and gets the mother of a deal the 4 top 5 picks and the Logue pick + the early 2nd round pick 22 and a future 1st round pick could set us up for years. I know I,m in the minority but I rate top 5 picks and I think the pain of losing Lach will be more than compensated by the quality coming in. Its an opportunity that a club like the Hawks would not hesitate, the Weller deal showed what can be accomplished when we grow a pair of nuggets.
I'm not sure we would get that much, but I honestly wouldn't know. The trouble is, if you keep replacing top quality mature age players with kids all the time, you end up on this endless journey thing. We can't just keep pushing things back year after year. If we can pick up an experience player i.e Acres that can help lessen the immediate damage, then it wouldn't be so bad

I'm not sure we would get that much, but I honestly wouldn't know. The trouble is, if you keep replacing top quality mature age players with kids all the time, you end up on this endless journey thing. We can't just keep pushing things back year after year. If we can pick up an experience player i.e Acres that can help lessen the immediate damage, then it wouldn't be so bad

I’m sure if Lachie goes, that’s what we’ll be trying to do by the end of the trade period. Gain some picks but gain some experienced players too.

Does anyone think its a bit far out from trade week for this story to be dropped so conveniently in the one weekend in the season when the AFL hasn't got much to talk about.

Just reckon there's too many journos and not enough stories and they're all acting (the local ones especially) that they had wind of what is something that's been fed to Maclure. He's the frontrunner and all the others are galloping behind him.

Back of mind my is that a month or so before the end of the season there were reports that several list managers, with Lloyd being the instigator convened a meeting in Melbourne to talk about the upcoming trade period strategy.

Min deals would have the be the following for our likely B & F, top 30 2018 player and no. 2 in disposals:
1. Pick 5, Pick 22, 2019 1st round
2. Pick 5, Starcevich, 2019 1st Round Pick
3. Pick 5, Starcevich, fourth round pick (59), future 2nd round pick

I prefer option 2, as the pick 22 will bounce up by about 5.

Min deals would have the be the following for our likely B & F, top 30 2018 player and no. 2 in disposals:
1. Pick 5, Pick 22, 2019 1st round
2. Pick 5, Starcevich, 2019 1st Round Pick
3. Pick 5, Starcevich, fourth round pick (59), future 2nd round pick

I prefer option 2, as the pick 22 will bounce up by about 5.

Most posters have been super reasonable, but I think you're really overestimating how much Neale is worth man. Even Patrick Dangerfield didn't go for that much...

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 5.54.14 pm.png

Most posters have been super reasonable, but I think you're really overestimating how much Neale is worth man. Even Patrick Dangerfield didn't go for that much...

View attachment 553652

Dangerfield was FA and out of contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to have some legs. Seems abit odd to profess ones love for the club at the beginning of the week and then have it break you wanting to go off to another club?? Plenty of other language to use other than "love for the club"

But lets waiting for official comments before theres mass suicides, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Arcassius u getting any hints that this is dinkum? That u can share.

Former Dockers midfielder and St Kilda coach Scott Watters said if that’s true, it’s an indictment on the club.

“I think that’s a damning comment. Fremantle are five years into a rebuild. Chris Fagan is two years in and you’re saying Brisbane is a better destination?” Watters said.

“You’re knee-deep in a rebuild, I think this sends a strong statement to the rest of the club that they need to hold onto their quality players.

“This would be a crippling blow if Lachie Neale actually leaves the club and heads to a club that’s behind in their rebuild.””

No wonder he failed as coach...five years into a rebuild. The state of the inane little midget

Former Dockers midfielder and St Kilda coach Scott Watters said if that’s true, it’s an indictment on the club.

“I think that’s a damning comment. Fremantle are five years into a rebuild. Chris Fagan is two years in and you’re saying Brisbane is a better destination?” Watters said.

“You’re knee-deep in a rebuild, I think this sends a strong statement to the rest of the club that they need to hold onto their quality players.

“This would be a crippling blow if Lachie Neale actually leaves the club and heads to a club that’s behind in their rebuild.””

No wonder he failed as coach...five years into a rebuild. The state of the inane little midget

Scott Watters loves to talk s**t on Freo and Lyon.

Starting to have some legs. Seems abit odd to profess ones love for the club at the beginning of the week and then have it break you wanting to go off to another club?? Plenty of other language to use other than "love for the club"

But lets waiting for official comments before theres mass suicides, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Arcassius u getting any hints that this is dinkum? That u can share.

Nothing that I haven't said already, and that Tim hasn't written about in the past regarding his approach to contract negotiations - and also what he recommends to players when assessing their contracts. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that Sam Maclure and friends are talking out their asses

Does every Club Board have their own supporters turning on each other as we do here?

It does keep things interesting.

Happens every few off-seasons. Some supporters with low EQ go off the rails over things they can't control

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of smelly brown horse s**t from Watters. 5 years into a rebuild? We finished top of the ladder in 2015. The rebuild started mid 2016.

Nothing that I haven't said already, and that Tim hasn't written about in the past regarding his approach to contract negotiations - and also what he recommends to players when assessing their contracts. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that Sam Maclure and friends are talking out their asses Happens every few off-seasons. Some supporters with low EQ go off the rails over things they can't control

Ch 10 are reporting that Lachie was in Brisbane on the weekend visiting the Lions. Do you think Lachie (and Tim) after Lachie's discussion with Steve Rosich on Friday they would have told Steve that they were going to Brisbane to meet with the Lions on the weekend?

Except they are actually performing.

Comparing a well functioning team, any well functioning team to us is not flattering. You really want to do that?

Crying poor because people aren't saying bad things about the Eagles is ridiculous and just demonstrates the victim mentality you have.

The fact that they can lose players and assistants and still be clearly better than us means that they are run better than us. Go cry about the media, or the weather or anything else you can blame outside of the club. I'm sure whoever we draft with pick 5 will solve everything (unless the Eagles media somehow ruin it all for us hey?).

WC are one of the most experienced sides in the comp and no comparison . You want the Freo management out and over react to any hiccup so you can push your agenda. Its not pick 5 , its 4 ,22 and maybe a pick in next seasons draft . Dont down play the pick to push your agenda.
P S If a Clarkson came on the scene I wouldnt hesitate if I was the club to lose Lyon. At the minute there isnt a feasable replacement so Lyon stays.

Last edited:

Five years into a rebuild? lol you guys played off in a grand final five years ago and were minor premiers three years ago. That doesn't make any sense.

Ch 10 are reporting that Lachie was in Brisbane on the weekend visiting the Lions. Do you think Lachie (and Tim) after Lachie's discussion with Steve Rosich on Friday they would have told Steve that they were going to Brisbane to meet with the Lions on the weekend?

I think that if an offer on the table from the Lions is legit then it would make sense for both parties to meet and discuss what's on the table. I would think it more likely that Tim would be involved somewhere in that process rather than Lachie doing a meet and greet himself, but who knows. I'm just speculating. They would certainly let everyone know where things are at - both Freo and Brisbane. How Tim has done things in the past has always been highly transparent with the parties, and no leaks to the media like you see with some player managers who use those leaks as a tool.

Again - reading his posts in the past, he's mentioned that leaks work against the process by adding external noise that doesn't help anyone.

WC are one of the most experienced sides in the comp and no comparison . You want the Freo management out and over react to any hiccup that so you can push your agenda. Its not pick 5 , its 4 ,22 and maybe a pick in next seasons draft . Dont down play the pick to push your agenda.
P S If a Clarkson came on the scene I wouldnt hesitate if I was the club to lose Lyon. At the minute there isnt a feasable replacement so Lyon stays.

#ButButWestCoast

Stop making excuses for the team and your delusional opinion.

My agenda? What the hell does that mean? You don't have an 'agenda'?

My 'agenda' is for us to be a great club and we are very far from that and crap decisions have got us here. You can not dispute this.

Nothing that I haven't said already, and that Tim hasn't written about in the past regarding his approach to contract negotiations - and also what he recommends to players when assessing their contracts. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that Sam Maclure and friends are talking out their asses

I haven’t read much of the Tim Lawrence thread but is Lachie and his wife going to meet Brisbane and Fagan normally part of the negotiations.

I haven’t read much of the Tim Lawrence thread but is Lachie and his wife going to meet Brisbane and Fagan normally part of the negotiations.

I don't know if it's (a) happened or (b) a normal part of negotiations. Logically though, if I was contemplating moving jobs or buying a new house - i'd want to check it out in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back