Leigh Tudor missed the boat?

Remove this Banner Ad

JA27

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2009
Western District
AFL Club
Collingwood
has leigh tudor missed his chance at being a senior coach? im not sure ive heard him mentioned once for the jobs up for grabs and dont think he is even given odds by the betting agencies?

last few years he has always been there abouts when new coaching positions have come up and has had a near perfect apprenticeship being an assistant at geelong, st kilda and sydney.

can he be a head coach, or is he deemed to forever be an assistant?

Was poached by the Saints to learn Geelongs game plan then dropped after 2 years. The Saints haven't done as well since he has left and Sydney has improved since he arrived there. May be a coincidence though. But I have never heard that he has aspirations to be a senior coach as not all assistants do.

Was poached by the Saints to learn Geelongs game plan then dropped after 2 years. The Saints haven't done as well since he has left and Sydney has improved since he arrived there. May be a coincidence though. But I have never heard that he has aspirations to be a senior coach as not all assistants do.

As far as I know he wasn't dropped by the Saints, but rather he left to go to Sydney.

Success follows Leigh Tudor. He didn't get the bullet from the saints. Like every other assistant for the last 5 years, he coulnt stand working with lyon. He's the most sought after assistant in the afl.

Success follows Leigh Tudor. He didn't get the bullet from the saints. Like every other assistant for the last 5 years, he coulnt stand working with lyon. He's the most sought after assistant in the afl.
Didn't he coach your VFL team as well (possibly to a flag and at least to a grand final) when the bulk of your talent - Ablett, Chapman, Kelly, Stevie J etc were coming through.

Is he applying to the Melbourne job. Success sure seems to follow him, although you could put it down to coincidence I suppose.

Didn't he coach your VFL team as well (possibly to a flag and at least to a grand final) when the bulk of your talent - Ablett, Chapman, Kelly, Stevie J etc were coming through.

Is he applying to the Melbourne job. Success sure seems to follow him, although you could put it down to coincidence I suppose.

He was an assistant through 07 an pre. Credited with a lot of the success. Then went to the saints in 09 and is at Sydney now. Not going for senior gigs I don't think.

Talented bloke, but hasn't been an assistant for all that long, 4 years tops not including VFL coaching. And he obviously doesn't have the natural coaching flair of a James Hird, so he will continue to pay his dues.

Plenty out there who have been assistant coaches for a lot longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back