Lets go Carlton and Bulldogs get us in to pick 5!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle
The worst we can do is pick 7 at the moment. We can thank Brisbane for not capitulating to Geelong by too much. Only 2 percentage points deifference between us and the lions in the end. If Geelong had of kicked another seven goals then we would have skipped ahead of them on percentage.

So if the bulldogs win they jump ahead of us and get us into pick 6. Trouble is they are up against the kangaroos. With the Kanga's paying $1.30 for the win it doesn't look good.

Almost the same with Carlton and Melbourne. Melbourne are paying $1.35.

But for at least one of these results to go our way it is almost 50/50

The bombers got within a whisker of jumping above us, lets hope they don't snare Palmer.

I reckon the blues will win, Melbourne are missing half their side.

Masten or Palmer and I will be very happy :thumbsu:

I reckon Palmer's no chance, Masten 50/50. How long was on the clock when Lucas tripped infront of goal yesterday, a minute? He kicks that goal and we get pick 6, hopefully the bombers don't get Palmer/Masten/Ebert with pick 6.

I'm sort of glad the bulldogs have a pick before us. They are almost certain to pick a KPP and it reduces the chances of our recruiting team surprising us all by doing just that :eek:

I'm sort of glad the bulldogs have a pick before us. They are almost certain to pick a KPP and it reduces the chances of our recruiting team surprising us all by doing just that :eek:

All clubs go best available with their first pick, Dogs wont be any different. There isnt anybody suitable for their pick anyway. Henderson maybe but they might not rate him.

To be honest, I doubt Palmer or Masten will last til pick 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Palmer's no chance, Masten 50/50. How long was on the clock when Lucas tripped infront of goal yesterday, a minute? He kicks that goal and we get pick 6, hopefully the bombers don't get Palmer/Masten/Ebert with pick 6.
I disagree with that.

I think Masten would be no chance - however, Palmer may slide.

All clubs go best available with their first pick, Dogs wont be any different. There isnt anybody suitable for their pick anyway. Henderson maybe but they might not rate him.

To be honest, I doubt Palmer or Masten will last til pick 7.
I just wonder if you reckon the 'Dogs would keep their picks. They need big bodies. They already have a decent running midfield, their rucks are serviceable.

I wonder whether they need to do some serious trading to get the big bodies rather than trying to develop them in the draft (risky) or trying to do it half-ars*d on the cheap (e.g. McDougall).

I disagree with that.

I think Masten would be no chance - however, Palmer may slide.

Palmer has dominated at WAFL level the last 5 or 6 weeks. A couple of BOG's and among East Freo's best players each week. Can't see a guy with that ability playing well against men sliding too far. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back