Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

If clubs are offering 25 for Melksham & 21 for Casboult it doesn't say a lot for this years draft crop
Everybody seems to think that development is too costly at the moment,especially with the current trend of play 2 good seasons and get the manager to shop around for money.
Current trend is buy used off the shelf and let somebody else do the early hard work.

Your viewpoint means little, probably watched him play twice.

Move along now
No I've watched him. I know an ordinary player when I see one. If you think he is great why don't you keep him? It is not as if you have anyone else now that Henderson has walked out.

Everybody seems to think that development is too costly at the moment,especially with the current trend of play 2 good seasons and get the manager to shop around for money.
Current trend is buy used off the shelf and let somebody else do the early hard work.

Getting more mature players also tends to lead to better performances and higher ladder finishes, that leads to more players choosing you as a destination because they see success, then you recruit them for unders and keep getting stronger. Rinse and repeat.

No I've watched him. I know an ordinary player when I see one. If you think he is great why don't you keep him? It is not as if you have anyone else now that Henderson has walked out.
I don't want him to leave unless its for massive overs.

If he played 22 games he kicks 33 goals this year, as a 2nd ruck. Regardless of what you believe it is not unrealistic for him to kick 40 goals in a side that actually gets f50 entries. I am slightly frightened at the thought of looking our only 2 kpf's but if freo get desperate and offer up pick 16 i'd be severely tempted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want him to leave unless its for massive overs.

If he played 22 games he kicks 33 goals this year, as a 2nd ruck. Regardless of what you believe it is not unrealistic for him to kick 40 goals in a side that actually gets f50 entries. I am slightly frightened at the thought of looking our only 2 kpf's but if freo get desperate and offer up pick 16 i'd be severely tempted.
According to FOX the blues have been shopping him around. http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rt-chris-pelchen/story-e6frf3e3-1227567870479

I'd expect every player has been a case of come talk to us and we will see from there. Silvangi knows he needs a raft of kids to come through together to build around and any player with currency is tradable for the right price.

As far as shopping him around goes we aren't actively offering him to clubs so id say that is false.

Riddle me this - If Brisbane are serious about getting better, why are they headhunting all the list cloggers from the only club that finished below them on the ladder? First Robinson, and now Bell and Casboult, it makes no sense for a club that is right at the beginning of the development cycle.

To be fair, Bell has come on a bit in 2015.

If it is Casboult for pick 21, that's effectively the same as the Stanley trade last year. We'd be pretty silly not to do that trade.
However, I know Carlton has asked for Mayes in exchange for Bell and Casboult, but I don't think that's happening.
God I hope not that would only leave us with only 1 first round player on our list with Daniel Rich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back