Recommitted Lin Jong [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

His ability to play forward would be an asset not sure many of your midfielders are consistent goal kickers and could have done with a player like Jong after all the injuries you have had.

We need a Crumbing Forward or a Young KPF and Jong is neither

While I think uncontracted players shouldn't need to be traded (cap space + list place should be all that's needed to acquire them), a couple of discussion starters:

Jong + 3rd Rounder for Travis Cloke.

Jong for Jarrod Witts.

Thoughts?

We be Getting Massively Ripped Off

While I think uncontracted players shouldn't need to be traded (cap space + list place should be all that's needed to acquire them), a couple of discussion starters:

Jong for Jarrod Witts.

Thoughts?

Jong for Jarrod Witts.

Thoughts?

Jong for Jarrod Witts.

Thoughts?

Nope, Witts is a downgrade on all of our current rucks & Cloke is on a slippery slope to nothingness.

Nope, Witts is a downgrade on all of our current rucks & Cloke is on a slippery slope to nothingness.

Again, trades shouldn't be needed for uncontracted players, but would you honestly just dismiss those offers out of hand just like that? There's always negiotiation to be done (hence why I mentioned them as "conversation starters"), but I don't think you're going to get offers a whole lot bigger or better than the ones I proposed.

Sure, Jong might have more to offer than he's shown at AFL level so far, but he's already 23 years old, and isn't best 22 at the Bulldogs, and isn't likely to be going forward (and probably wouldn't be a walk-up start at Collingwood). He's solid depth, that's it.

For what it's worth, I don't think any of your rucks are necessarily that much better than Witts, either. I think Cloke could have some value with good delivery, and at least attract attention and big defenders away from the Bulldogs other talent (albeit slightly undersized) big forwards (Stringer, Redpath, Crameri next year, etc.). Better to lose someone in an area of relative strength to improve the depth in an area of relative weakness.

How would the Pies get him considering they have no first pick and what ever picks they have will be used on for Brown and Daicos Jnr.

Jong would only cost a pick in the 35-45 range and Trade Draft wants us to pay Collingwood to take Cloke off their hands.

Jong for Jarrod Witts.

Thoughts?

Cloke is done ... getting anything for him would be a bonus, let alone a young midfielder and a 3rd round pick. Barry Hall only cost pick 47 and he was still a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was under the impression that only a players agent could speak to an opposition club whilst under contract. If it has happened previously it has been after a contract has expired (eg Dustin Martin).

Can't discuss contract numbers or sign anything binding.

Beyond that it's a massive gray area.

If this true I am very interested to see Bevo's reaction. He surely wont play again.

Depends. If they think they're still in with a chance of signing him, he'll still be out there.

The article said he toured the facilities friday night before playing saturday arvo. In sydney. I highly doubt it.

Hes played nearly every game hes been eligble this year in an aspiring top 4 side (albeit injury riddled) and when he has played VFL has been ridiculously dominant (talking 35 touch, 2+ goal BOGs). Collingwood are kidding themselves if they think he wouldnt be best 22 for them.

I quite like him and still feel he has huge upside being late to the game (played his first game at 17 IIRC). Really the main part of the game he struggles with is the thinking side so I hold out hope he gets that right and if he does he has elite attributes.

The article said he toured the facilities friday night before playing saturday arvo. In sydney. I highly doubt it.

Hes played nearly every game hes been eligble this year in an aspiring top 4 side (albeit injury riddled) and when he has played VFL has been ridiculously dominant (talking 35 touch, 2+ goal BOGs). Collingwood are kidding themselves if they think he wouldnt be best 22 for them.

I quite like him and still feel he has huge upside being late to the game (played his first game at 17 IIRC). Really the main part of the game he struggles with is the thinking side so I hold out hope he gets that right and if he does he has elite attributes.

I think he would be value. I'd play over Sinclair, Blair, Langdon.

Can we please put aside 'playing in a top 4 side' likes its a reference to a massive gulf between the sides. Yes you are going better but there wasn't much between us last time we played.

It's the same when I say Witts would be your starting ruck. Dogs supporters carry on saying he's playing 2's but ignore why he's playing 2's. sometimes people want to argue for the sake of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back