Lions training next week

Remove this Banner Ad

there is a session on Wednesday and Friday

Times and locations? I assume Giffen Park?

EDIT:

Never mind. Found them myself here after deciding not to be lazy and to look.

I am going to try to be at at least one of these this week.

How is Jed adcock recovering from his knee injury? Is he on track to play nab cup or round 1?

How is Jed adcock recovering from his knee injury? Is he on track to play nab cup or round 1?

He played against your boys in the semi-final. Don't you remember him bodyslamming Aker into the turf?

;)

Went and had a look at training today. Stitchface forgot her camera, and I didn't see Mr Ripper about, so I don't think there will be any photos.

Couple of points of interest...

- New training gear has arrived with new sponsors logos etc. No more plain white singlets.

- Don Barry (PNG lad from Mt Gravatt) has arrived and is training with the team.

- Vossy was running laps with the boys. Such an inspirational bloke.

Glad to hear someone is giving Travis crap about that damn beard....good kid!..:thumbsu:..I hate it..

...but I had also better explain, I don't dislike beards, my hubby has one, but it is NEAT.....I just hate that scruffy look..

The good thing is that Hawksley has lost his beard.

The bad thing i noticed was the change in the stationary group, Patful, Brennan, Buchannan and Selwood have all joined the main group but Rich, Banfield and Austin have left the main group. And Ash not participating at all.

I have been impressed since i went to my first training session at Noosa with the involvement of all the coaches, but yes seeing Vossy running laps is a very inspirational thing.

And doesnt Goose look good, he is ripped and there are no signs of a limp. Brown amd Black are also looking very good having had the full pre seasion so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left around 5:10ish, so I guess I may of missed the lap running

One observation as I was telling Stitchface was how Rich spent the entire session with Craig Lambert working on handballing. Looked like accuracy drills and targetting

Could be due to the fact that he will be tagged hard in 2010 and the handball might have to become more of an option as opposition teams try limit the opportunities he has to deliever the ball by foot

or

he is resting or carrying a slight injury:D

i prefer my more indepth reasoning though
ha

Well he doesn't need to work on his kicking, so i guess they might as well boost his handballing.

I realise you're probably being glib, but Vossy's mentioned that Rich can improve his kicking.

I realise you're probably being glib, but Vossy's mentioned that Rich can improve his kicking.

Yeah, I remember Vossy saying that, but I suspect that he may have meant improvement in kicking under pressure on game day.

If he adds great hand-balling skills to his armory, I suspect his kicking efficiency will improve.

He would be able choose his weapon (handball/kick) depending on the amount of time and space he has available for each possession.

Could be due to the fact that he will be tagged hard in 2010 and the handball might have to become more of an option as opposition teams try limit the opportunities he has to deliever the ball by foot

or

he is resting or carrying a slight injury:D

The bolded bit is the correct answer.

He was in the hospital group all day. Maybe a little surfing mishap over the break?

Just wondering who is in the hospital group atm? and if anyone knows who won't be available for round 1?

Callum Bartlett, Xavier Clarke and Mitch Golby are all in the late stages of their knee reco rehab, and won't be ready for round 1.

Others in the hospital group at the moment are McCulloch, Retzlaff, Rich, Drummond, Johnstone, Dyson, Raines. These guys just have niggles to my knowledge.

Interesting that we draft 3 players that are in knee rehab still, 2 players that are very talented and will most likely be in the best 22 at some stage over the next 2 years. Hope by the end of Feb that hospital group is only a few players.

If we manage to have a year like St Kilda with injuries we're going to see players that should be in the team regularly missing out. We already know Clark can't do it on his own so thats Leuenberger in and someone out...first player I can think of is Sheldon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back