List Nicole Flint's achievements in Parliament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Extinction Rebellion, GetUp & cretins like Mike Carlton for hounding out another woman from parliament. But I suppose she is only a Liberal so they will be getting pats on the back from the usual idiots.
While you're having your pity party and with all this talk about the treatment of women in Parliament, the absolutely disgusting treatment of Julia Gillard has been largely absent from the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always thought it is a bit unfair to judge MPs by votes where they are inevitably bound by party discipline

e.g. in IMO is no slight on Penny Wong that she spoke and voted against gay marriage for so long when it was ALP policy
Nobody believed Wong for a minute. It's not unreasonable to assume given what we know about Flint's politics that she was wholeheartedly in favour of all of those things. She wasn't even caucusing with the other SA Libs because of her hard right views.

speers referencing the " vile " abuse she's copped

How many people spoke out when it was Gillard ????
Elephants never forget motherf***ers
In Gillard's case the bullying was encouraged and enabled by the most senior levels of the Liberal Party, the current accusations at hand are all isolated incidents alleged to have been committed by individuals.

I have always thought it is a bit unfair to judge MPs by votes where they are inevitably bound by party discipline

e.g. in IMO is no slight on Penny Wong that she spoke and voted against gay marriage for so long when it was ALP policy

Except Flint was a known quantity when she entered politics. Young Lib, advisor, rag columnist, right wing think tank fellow, etc... Can't argue she is voting against her own beliefs when she is a very product of the party itself.

speers referencing the " vile " abuse she's copped

How many people spoke out when it was Gillard ????
Elephants never forget motherf***ers
Bit like noone spoke up when Andrews enabled the bullying of Garret, bullied Mikakos, Rudd helped bully Gillard out of her job (she got a rough deal from all sides), ALP bullying Husic. The bullying claims in the Greens in VIC. Seems to be a real problem culture across all parties (LNP probably worse) although I wonder how much of it traces back to a Canberra culture where they are out of touch with Australia and just interested in power and benefits.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's fair but in fairness to me, Penny's never " sooked " ( for want of a better word ) it up like Nic is.

The media have already locked onto that with no mention of the other reason(s)

Bit like noone spoke up when Andrews enabled the bullying of Garret, bullied Mikakos, Rudd helped bully Gillard out of her job (she got a rough deal from all sides), ALP bullying Husic. The bullying claims in the Greens in VIC. Seems to be a real problem culture across all parties (LNP probably worse) although I wonder how much of it traces back to a Canberra culture where they are out of touch with Australia and just interested in power and benefits.
Banning the piss'd be a good start.

These pricks have proven they can't behave like " adults "

Penny Wong never spoke against Gay marriage, She spoke about her decision to respect the party policy on the matter at that specific time and vote accordingly.
Big difference.

Penny Wong never spoke against Gay marriage, She spoke about her decision to respect the party policy on the matter at that specific time and vote accordingly.
Big difference.
‘‘On the issue of marriage I think the reality is there is a cultural, religious, historical view around that which we have to respect”

Nobody believed Wong for a minute. It's not unreasonable to assume given what we know about Flint's politics that she was wholeheartedly in favour of all of those things. She wasn't even caucusing with the other SA Libs because of her hard right views.
That as may be but I’d be referencing her personal positions on issues as evidence rather than her voting record (which IMO in Australia means nothing)

Banning the piss'd be a good start.

These pricks have proven they can't behave like " adults "
Very true.

Canberra seems to be one of the few areas where taxpayers subsidise alcohol fueled parties (sorry conference dinners) and peoples careers are still impacted if you don't go to the right events and mimic the right people.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back