List of things you MUST have in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have to be desperate to lease a place without air conditioning and heating. I'm not a have it on all the time person but you need that s**t when it's 40 degrees or 10 degrees etc. * being somebody at work who goes "Oh I couldn't sleep last night it was too hot".

Bidet. I laugh in the face of any person in this day and age still living with the obsolete caveman technology that is toilet paper. Filthy animals the lot of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A job, and with algorithms that is going to become less and less possible for more and more people, including highly skilled people like GPs, engineers, finance workers, even composers and writers

Algorithms are going to be able to do things most humans cannot do, and they will serve the elite who need them and not the rest of us.

Read Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow for the evidence.

Indeed combined with robotics, they may replace us human, biological algorithms all together, and much sooner than you my might think?

A job, and with algorithms that is going to become less and less possible for more and more people, including highly skilled people like GPs, engineers, finance workers, even composers and writers

Algorithms are going to be able to do things most humans cannot do, and they will serve the elite who need them and not the rest of us.

Read Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow for the evidence.

Indeed combined with robotics, they may replace us human, biological algorithms all together, and much sooner than you my might think?
a book about what could happen is not evidence that it will

it's exploring possibilities

a book about what could happen is not evidence that it will

it's exploring possibilities

It gave a lot of hard evidence how it is already happening.

Just ask taxi drivers and even engineers

Read it and tremble my friend.

It gave a lot of hard evidence how it is already happening.

Just ask taxi drivers and even engineers

Read it and tremble my friend.
nah you can't give evidence of the future based on the present or past

you can speculate, you may even get it right but you don't know

All future progress and failures are based on the past and thinking of what might be different.

But all humanity has a stream of time, and if you watch the currents, you can see where the water is flowing.

I do not like where the water if flowing, but I will not deny I too have to swim in it.

The things you own end up owning you
This thread really isnt about luxuries but rather necessities.
Very few of the things mentioned have been expensive either, probably the most costly suggestion has been a good mattress which if you average it out at eight hours use a night over half a decade is only a few cents an hour for a mattress costing a couple of grand.
Lots of people have said 'sharp knives' and this just involves blunt knives a carborundum stone and a bit of elbow grease.

This thread really isnt about luxuries but rather necessities.
Very few of the things mentioned have been expensive either, probably the most costly suggestion has been a good mattress which if you average it out at eight hours use a night over half a decade is only a few cents an hour for a mattress costing a couple of grand.
Lots of people have said 'sharp knives' and this just involves blunt knives a carborundum stone and a bit of elbow grease.
Our matress turns 6 this year
Huge improvement to our sleep, they arent expensive over their life i agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back