List your teams 8 best players

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you havin a laugh?

Not in the slightest, but I'll assume you didn't watch him much, if at all. Edwards was also one of, if not the top rated player in the midfielder-forwards position by either Champion Data or AFL.com at one stage, can't remember which, but is still #7 after breaking his leg.

1. Marc Murphy (still think would have most impact on us winning a game if not injured but had no luck for a few years now)
2. Bryce Gibbs (can kick multiple goals as a mid and not been used to his potential for much of his career, next few could be his best)
3. Patrick Cripps (if his kicking was as good as the two above him would be a sensational player, just needs to work on that to get higher rating from me, not as good a kick for goals as those guys but his inside work is A plus)
4. Kade Simpson ( class act, but in late part of career now so used mainly from backline)
5. Sam Docherty (excellent mark for his size and sets up attacking plays from half back better than most)
6. Ciaran Byrne (think he is a serious talent and was just learning to get the feel for this level before done his ACL)
7. Matt Kruezer (real workhorse and when combines rucking with being tall midfielder he becomes super value, if rucking was better and marking up forward better he would be higher rated.)
8. Ed Curnow (elite running machine that gets better and better with offensive play and use of the ball)

There are era's in our past as a club where some of these guys would be rated closer to 20 on list than top 8 but it is where we were left at end of 2015 and the new youngsters of last 18 months will fill these spots in 2 or 3 years and have stiffer competition to be rated in top 8.
Byrne over Docherty?!

88d28805410091333b030766f7336973.jpg

Haha, **** me, I somehow completely missed Doc's name. Carry on.

The reality is it is clear cut our best 5, but after that it is open field. Shows how much work our list needs and development that needed in coming years so our best 8 is way tougher to break into. After Murphy, Simpson, Cripps, Docherty and Gibbs it is really challenging to find established talent on our list, hence the list turnover SOS is going through in last 12 months and still more to come in another off season. I had Byrne number 6 for me but anyone of about 10 players between our 6th to 15th on list could be named and not be much difference.

1. Cale Hooker
2. Michael Hurley
3. Dyson Heppell
4. Zach Merrett
5. Joe Daniher
6. Jobe Watson
7. David Zaharakis
8. Brendan Goddard

Unlucky: David Myers, Travis Colyer and Orazio Fantasia

Last edited:
Roughead
Rioli
Gunston
Bruest
Mitchell
Burgoyne
Hodge
Frawley

Hard to choose the last player, Frawley could easily be replaced by someone like Smith or Stratton.

Roughead
Rioli
Gunston
Bruest
Mitchell
Burgoyne
Hodge
Frawley

Hard to choose the last player, Frawley could easily be replaced by someone like Smith or Stratton.
One of the most important players is Frawley and Stratton
Its hard to keep it to 8

Assuming this is fully fit I will try for GWs and Gold Coast:

Greater western Sydney

Ward
Shiel
Deledio
Shaw
Coniglio
Mumford
Cameron
Greene
Smith
Scully

Honourable mentions: Whitfield, kelly, Johnson, Griffen

Gold Coast

Lynch
Ablett
May
Barlow
Swallow
Touk touk
Hanley
Martin
Wright
Hall

Scary when you look at GWS vs Gold Coast as there is no comparison

Dylan Shiel
Stephen Coniglio
Brett Deledio
Heath Shaw
Callan Ward
Toby Greene
Jeremy Cameron
Tom Scully

Nick Haynes, Josh Kelly, Shane Mumford, Zac Williams and Phil Davis all unlucky to miss out.
Did you miss Rory?

Probably lol was a quick list so probably missed a few. Rory Lobb and Rory Thompson both unlucky not to be on the list

Assuming this is fully fit I will try for GWs and Gold Coast:

Greater western Sydney

Ward
Shiel
Deledio
Shaw
Coniglio
Mumford
Cameron
Greene
Smith
Scully

Honourable mentions: Whitfield, kelly, Johnson, Griffen

Gold Coast

Lynch
Ablett
May
Barlow
Swallow
Touk touk
Hanley
Martin
Wright
Hall

Scary when you look at GWS vs Gold Coast as there is no comparison
2 late goals last time. Funny how your players are rated when you stařt winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows top 8:
1: Rory Sloane
2: Daniel Talia
3: Eddie Betts
4: Rory Laird
5: Tex Walker
6: Tom Lynch
7: Matt Crouch
8: Josh Jenkins

Stiff to miss out - Sam Jacobs, Jake Lever, Brad Crouch
After 2017 - hopefully the likes of Brad Crouch, Jake Lever, Mitch McGovern, Charlie Cameron

This is what makes the Crows such an interesting side. Just the one midfielder in their top 8 players (assuming we go with Lynch at number 8). Every other side listed by my count has at least 4 midfielders in their top 8.
After this season, I'd say Matty Crouch should be a lock for top 8.. but when you have players like Betts, Walker, Talia, Jacobs, Jenkins, Laird etc... it's hard to squeeze him too high. If brad could string together 22 games in a season and remain fit he should be top 5 on potential.

2 late goals last time. Funny how your players are rated when you stařt winning.

What do you mean mate lol message is a bit cryptic? I am also a big fan of GWS and am saying Gold Coast quality just doesn't compare to GWS. Hell Gold Coast will have a delisted rookie as one of their best players next year (Barlow)

What do you mean mate lol message is a bit cryptic? I am also a big fan of GWS and am saying Gold Coast quality just doesn't compare to GWS. Hell Gold Coast will have a delisted rookie as one of their best players next year (Barlow)

And I have rated GWS from day dot not just when they started winning. Hell Shiel, Whitfield and hopper are some of my favourite up and coming players

I got that. I meant couple of late goals ĺast time we played was the difference. between the clubs.
GC do have a lot of talent IMO, certainly not whinging
about our list. The perception cf GC's list could change fairly quickly if performance on the field improves next year.

Last edited:
Shiel
Lobb
Ward
Cameron
Coniglio
Shaw
Kelly
Davis

Unlucky: Haynes, Deledio, Griffen, Mummy, Patton, Williams, Smith, Johnson, Whitfield.

Last edited:
In no particular order:
N Jones
M Gawn
J Viney
J Hogan
J Viney
T McDonald
D Tyson
B Vince

*Lewis and Hibberd close but yet to play a game for us
You have Viney twice.